Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 08-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #15
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Buying the dash is not going to be a big deal. All you have to do is get the GM part number for it and then you can order it from any GM dealer or any of the various GM parts websites. I think I saw in another thread that it costs something over $400. Installing it could be a very big deal, if you don't know how to do it yourself or know someone who knows how to do it. Everything has to be removed from the old one, including the instrument cluster, HVAC controls, stereo, air bags, and headlight switch.
The console, steering wheel, airbag clock spring, and multifunction switch also have to be removed. Look up some of the HUD install threads and look at the pictures. They're pretty scary. This has kept me from installing HUD in my 2010 Camaro and I'm good at this sort of thing.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 10:11 PM   #16
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky1974 View Post
Buying the dash is not going to be a big deal. All you have to do is get the GM part number for it and then you can order it from any GM dealer or any of the various GM parts websites. I think I saw in another thread that it costs something over $400. Installing it could be a very big deal, if you don't know how to do it yourself or know someone who knows how to do it. Everything has to be removed from the old one, including the instrument cluster, HVAC controls, stereo, air bags, and headlight switch.
The console, steering wheel, airbag clock spring, and multifunction switch also have to be removed. Look up some of the HUD install threads and look at the pictures. They're pretty scary. This has kept me from installing HUD in my 2010 Camaro and I'm good at this sort of thing.
ok, cool! Well thanks for the tips1
Aubrey64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010 camaro, 2010 rs, 2012 dashboard, dash, leather dashboard