Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #43
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba View Post
If your fiancé damaged your car - whether yours or shared property, and didn't tell you about, that may be a strong indicator that you may not share the same values. Better to find out sooner than later, when more could be at stake. Just saying...
Preach.
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:48 PM   #44
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard200593 View Post
When your insurance deductible is 1k... There's a reason to be upset, sorry I don't have money to just fix accidents all the time.
And I didn't have an argument with her hence the ranting to c5 people that understand instead of arguing with a girl who doesn't.

No one has "money to fix accidents all the time" which is why you have insurance.. if you choose a high deductible than that is on you.

My wife backed into the hedges in our driveway and ripped the whole fascia off her car back in December, over $1300 in damage to the car, plus another couple hundred to the hedges and sprinklers.

It is what it is, yeah it was her car, but she doesn't work so it is my paycheck that fixed it.. But I see no point in getting upset about it.

Is it a big deal? yeah maybe, but at the end of the day it is just a material possession. I would rather brush it off and go to bed happy with a happy wife than let something like this get between us.

My point regardless, is that it is just a car and your relationship should be a lot more important than the car.. I personally see no point in getting angry over an accident.. Now if she did it on purpose, that is different. As far as her not telling you.. Either it is because she doesn't see it as a big deal, or because she knew you would be upset about it.. So now you have to either explain to her that it is a big deal or explain to her that while it bothers you so that she understands. Or you need to explain to her that it is okay to say something, because you would be less upset finding out from her than a co-worker..

Or.. She didn't say anything because she wants to see how you are going to handle it, women like to toss out little tests like that, so they can file it away to use against you later.
Old 05-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #45
AmericanMuscleCars
Teenage Dream Camaro

Drives: A Visually Stunning Camaro
Quote:
I just had a coworker run up to me and ask me what I hit over the weekend, knowing damn well I didn't hit anything I thought he was joking... Went out to look and found this: called my fiancé pissed thinking someone at a new complex (just moved this weekend) hit me when she admitted she hit a pole backing up and didn't think it was that bad. Any idea if its repairable or do I have to just get a new front bumper? No denting or cracks that I can see.
ZL1 bumper upgrade
AmericanMuscleCars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #46
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Rule#1: NEVER, EVER let your girlfriend drive your Camaro!!!
Old 05-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #47
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Not bad at all the front bumper needs to be re-painted figure $350-$400
Old 05-13-2013, 04:09 PM   #48
2Carats

Drives: '12 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
This is deeper than just a scratched bumper... the scratch can be fixed. Any body shop can sand, paint and clearcoat that area to blend in without breaking the bank. But it's the principle of it all. It's principalities in this Smokey!
Most women won't hold their car dear to their hearts as men. We take a car, wash it, wax it, get it all cleaned, avoid potholes in the road, etc. In our attempt to take care of our property to make it last. Most women are the complete opposite and wont understand this concept. BUT, accidentlly step on a pair of her shoes and scuff them up or knock their Coach handbag on the floor and all holy hell breaks loose. People value things differently, hence why she didn't tell you. She didnt think it was that bad because she didn't realize the value it meant to you.
Was she wrong, sure she was... but to what extent should she be punished? If you didn't address it when you found out, let it go, get it fixed, lesson learned and go get some loving.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
Old 05-13-2013, 04:11 PM   #49
SNSSTR
All About That Speed

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Carats View Post
This is deeper than just a scratched bumper... the scratch can be fixed. Any body shop can sand, paint and clearcoat that area to blend in without breaking the bank. But it's the principle of it all. It's principalities in this Smokey!
Most women won't hold their car dear to their hearts as men. We take a car, wash it, wax it, get it all cleaned, avoid potholes in the road, etc. In our attempt to take care of our property to make it last. Most women are the complete opposite and wont understand this concept. BUT, accidentlly step on a pair of her shoes and scuff them up or knock their Coach handbag on the floor and all holy hell breaks loose. People value things differently, hence why she didn't tell you. She didnt think it was that bad because she didn't realize the value it meant to you.
Was she wrong, sure she was... but to what extent should she be punished? If you didn't address it when you found out, let it go, get it fixed, lesson learned and go get some loving.

Mind controlled by Cerebro
SNSSTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #50
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Take the ring and run!
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:16 PM   #51
richard200593

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohdeo16 View Post
This is exactly what I'm doing, yea I was pissed when it happened but I'm already over it and looking at a positive (I've wanted a heritage grill for a while if they take bumper off to repaint this can happen she's my fiancé it's not like I'm saying oh this is a deal breaker or doubted our compatability. But I'm allowed to be mad!
richard200593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:22 PM   #52
Kelly@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
these threads always make me laugh..

First it's just a car.. Second you have Insurance.. There is ZERO point in having an argument with your future wife over stuff like this.

Accidents happen and it is a nothing more than a material possession. You cannot put that up against your relationship otherwise the relationship is destined to fail.
I'm with you, accidents happen. BUT, the fact that she didn't own up to it right away would make me upset. In the end it's just a car that can be replaced, but honesty is the best policy. I am seldom mad when someone fesses up and tells me what happened, but if I have to find out on my own I might be a little mad!
Kelly@PCMofNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #53
JBLUES

Drives: 2017 6.2 vert
To the OP.
In all seriousness...
My advise to you would be to use this experience to show your fiance' how much she really means to you.
Take her out to a nice dinner or buy her flowers or something nice. Just show her that she is way more important to you than a car and that you can be a kind and forgiving husband.
Just my 2 cents. Good luck
JBLUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:35 PM   #54
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
make her sleep on the couch, that will teach her a lesson
Old 05-13-2013, 04:59 PM   #55
willhe64

Drives: 2012 45th Vert, 2011 4x4, 9sec Vega
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012-1822 View Post
Everyone all at once, "THE CAR!" Glad we all agree, sell the ring, fix the car.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Accidents happen but the fact she didn't tell you would be an issue for me.
This.

Quote:
This is exactly what I'm doing, yea I was pissed when it happened but I'm already over it and looking at a positive (I've wanted a heritage grill for a while if they take bumper off to repaint this can happen she's my fiancé it's not like I'm saying oh this is a deal breaker or doubted our compatability. But I'm allowed to be mad!
In 3 years, when she takes your car in the Divorce, you are going to be saying "Man, why didn't I heed the warnings signs".
Old 05-13-2013, 05:18 PM   #56
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Ugh...and there is an ugly Mustang in the reflection of the fender...hope that buffs out as well.

It is a car. She is fine. Not a huge deal. I would ask her to be more straightforward with you from now on and disclose things that happen and encourage an open line of communication between the two of you. It will make for a stronger marriage in the long run.

For the record. My wife has driven my Camaro and my Escalade 10 feet each. And never again.