Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-25-2017, 07:21 AM   #15
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
I connected my door sills to the dome light too. They fade out and get brighter when the door is opened and closed.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 10:49 AM   #16
orange devil
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 SS 2019 mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlyingBananaSS View Post
I connected my door sills to the dome light too. They fade out and get brighter when the door is opened and closed.
Your door sills look great..im gonna do mine the same so they fade as well...got a question..when i open my drivers,door all comes on...my dome lights and ambient Lighting in my door panels. Everyhimg works great..but when i just open the passenger side just the dome lights come on and none of the ambient lighting triggers to come on..is this normal?
orange devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 02:47 PM   #17
BOOSTT

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS "Hot Wheels"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welker2 View Post
Picked mine up from Phastek a few years back for around $140. Have held up well, still look almost as good as new
Off topic, but I love the carbon fiber interior pieces. Where did you get that? link? Awesome!
BOOSTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:14 PM   #18
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOOSTT View Post
Off topic, but I love the carbon fiber interior pieces. Where did you get that? link? Awesome!

Thanks, I really like it and have received all kinds of great compliments on my interior. I picked the kit up from CARiD; it's made by Remin and the quality is excellent. I have an Auto and MyLink, so I went with the 43 piece set for $150. I've done many installs of interior trim pieces and this one was fairly straight forward and easy; just make sure you prep the areas where you will be applying the overlays real well and take your time.

Below are a couple of better shots of the kit; kit does not include the CF bow tie in the steering wheel, I made that.

Here's the link to the kit ...

https://www.carid.com/2013-chevy-cam...-26694722.html

Once on the page, use the 'options' button to select the kit right for your vehicle
Attached Images

Old 08-25-2017, 03:35 PM   #19
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
Welker, where did you get that dash mat?
Old 08-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #20
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonman View Post
Welker, where did you get that dash mat?
Got it from CoverCraft; that's where I've gotten them for all my vehicles over the past several years. Some people think the look 'tacky', but I like them. Plus, I was stationed in Tucson, AZ before retiring, since then have lived in Vegas, San Diego and, now, Mesquite, NV and have seen what the sun can do dashes. Mine still look as good as new under the pads.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/pro...dash-cover.DMS

Old 08-25-2017, 03:50 PM   #21
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
Phastek. They have a kit which contains the LED strips for the footwells, an LED dome light, and an LED trunk lamp. The footwell strips tap into the dome light lighting, so everything fades out nicely too... including the door sill which is also connected there. Various colors are available. I went with the Aqua Blue.

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #22
BOOSTT

Thanks for the post and link! Looks great! Funny, I just did my bowties in carbon fiber today and the steering wheel one too. I saw a speck of dust on my flat black steering wheel today, just swish with my fingers, but took off a streak of paint. It's very white under the crappy black paint, so I'll be wanting to cover that soon. I love that kit. Thanks again! So, do we all have that gap above the stereo? Mine looks just like yours. I want to close that too, but not sure how yet.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:53 PM   #23
BOOSTT

That kit is $195 now. I also have a pioneer 7" deck with aftermarket Metra dash kit. What would do well to cover all that grey? humm? I'm going to see if an artist I know can put a professional looking HotWheels logo on the top and maybe undercoat it black, but then it may not blend in to the other grey? CF vinyl wrap? Suggestions?
Old 08-25-2017, 10:45 PM   #24
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis66 View Post
Your door sills look great..im gonna do mine the same so they fade as well...got a question..when i open my drivers,door all comes on...my dome lights and ambient Lighting in my door panels. Everyhimg works great..but when i just open the passenger side just the dome lights come on and none of the ambient lighting triggers to come on..is this normal?
Mine does that too so I guess it is normal.
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
Old 08-28-2017, 06:52 AM   #25
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
okay, thanks for the info. i'm definitely gonna add this to my list. Does the kit come with instructions on how to tap into the dome lighting? I have lived in Vegas and Phoenix so i'm with you, I like the cover on the dashboard.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 08:11 AM   #26
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

The sills come with wiring instructions but not how to tap into the dome light. There are a couple DIY threads on this site which are very good to help you with that. That's how I learned how to tap it to the dome light.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:14 AM   #27
Jazzzed

Drives: 2015 Camaro LT
You want to run all wiring over to the passenger side of the car. When you have the passenger door open, you can easily pop off the side panel of the dashboard. The wiring harness for the dome light is in there. Very easy access.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:03 AM   #28
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

If you choose to use the passenger side be sure to install the harness from the sill kit with the short end on the passenger side too.

If you use the drivers side, the harness short end should be put on the drivers side.