Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2011, 07:20 PM   #43
SleepWarz
Banned

Drives: 1991 New Yorker, 69 Tbird, ABM2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
Ford will be fine. The sales of the current generation Mustang may be slumping because of its body design, but it has several very well designed engines and a lineup of cars that in my opinion is the best looking lineup of any of the detroit 3. Ford can pull off a successful redesign. You can see it in their lineup. They just need to get it right for the next Mustang.

The Camaro is hot right now, but if GM doesn't offer as many options as Ford does in regards to accessories, options such as gears, navigation and even models (v6, gt, boss, gt500), the Camaro's sales will eventually slump. We are just lucky that most people consider the Camaro a better looking car today. Ford has been refining the Mustang since its inception. The Camaro is now a totally new design, it kicks butt, but don't be fooled. Ford isn't happy with being number #2, especially when the Mustang was the ONLY pony car to enjoy uninterrupted production.
I agree. The flexibility that options give are what enthusiasts want imo.
SleepWarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #44
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroBelarus View Post
It is faster, when u drive a camaro. Damn, im sure mustang gt even faster when zl1 is in ur hands.
guess the professional drivers who have tested this many times are wrong and you right. who would have known
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:40 PM   #45
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
We better hope that the mustang doesn't go away. Competition breeds good cars. When the competition goes away so does the quality of the cars left and pretty soon they go too. Our cars will suffer if the mustang goes. Not to mention all the people that will be out of work.
BINGO!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #46
alexcfwu

Drives: 1998 Trans Am
I love GM products, but I do have to say that I feel for the Ford workers. My first car was a Ford. Perhaps, we the buyers bear some of the faults for buying import cars. I like the look of 67 Shelby 427, 2002 mustang GT (Steve Saleen's S281E was pretty nice looking). The current interior of the Mustangs are not bad. Had it not been for the Z28 rumor (now ZL1), I would have seriously consider getting GT500 (2nd choice after Callaway SC575).

I do hope Mustang survives... GM had to put Camaro away a few years, and Firebird forever... I hope Mustang doesn't suffer the same fate.
alexcfwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 07:57 PM   #47
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
IMVHO the problem isn't really mustang sales (there only like 10,000 units behind) its the fact that they are looseing production of the Mazda 6. In any case, no way in hell would Ford pull the plug on the mustang. I think they are going to try and make it untill the redesign.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:12 PM   #48
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
I would think most car manufactures would be doing high fives to sell 70,xxx cars from a model that came out in 2005. Don't feel sorry for the Mustang, they sold 325,xxx alone in the first two model years of this generation.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:18 PM   #49
Splitter
Account Suspended

Drives: '14 RRM 1LT/RS A6
going on 7 years now for the same model... really, come on ford, you need to step it up.

no, I dont call the 10 or 11 a new model, just a revision.
Splitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:23 PM   #50
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
Ford will be fine. The sales of the current generation Mustang may be slumping because of its body design, but it has several very well designed engines and a lineup of cars that in my opinion is the best looking lineup of any of the detroit 3. Ford can pull off a successful redesign. You can see it in their lineup. They just need to get it right for the next Mustang.

The Camaro is hot right now, but if GM doesn't offer as many options as Ford does in regards to accessories, options such as gears, navigation and even models (v6, gt, boss, gt500), the Camaro's sales will eventually slump. We are just lucky that most people consider the Camaro a better looking car today. Ford has been refining the Mustang since its inception. The Camaro is now a totally new design, it kicks butt, but don't be fooled. Ford isn't happy with being number #2, especially when the Mustang was the ONLY pony car to enjoy uninterrupted production.
All this.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:25 PM   #51
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Once Ford regains or attempts to with the No.1 position, you'll see the Z-28 resurface just to keep GM #1. GM isn't going to release all the big guns at first, patience is virtue.

I personally think GM has what it takes to atleast make the Camaro #1 for atleast 5 years consectively...
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 08:33 PM   #52
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY1STCAMAR0 View Post
Once Ford regains or attempts to with the No.1 position, you'll see the Z-28 resurface just to keep GM #1. GM isn't going to release all the big guns at first, patience is virtue.

I personally think GM has what it takes to atleast make the Camaro #1 for atleast 5 years consectively...
honestly put add side the sale numbers, ford has the new 5.0L which is great, and the new Boss. i think ford is on top. and z06s and zr1 do not count in this. because they cost a lot more.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:05 PM   #53
Black5thgen
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 C6
I hope ford gets everything straightened out with the plant. I would hate to see American workers lose their jobs and see another US factory close. My car preference is important to me but so is my national pride and for that I hope everything works out in flat rock.

That being said, where are all the stang humpers that said the mustang would be on top once the 5.0 comes out and people were just waiting in 2010 and that's why the Camaro won the sales title?? It's kind of weird being on this side of the fence. The mustang is the enthusiasts choice and the Camaro is the better car. It's like an opposite of the the late 90's except the cars are much more evenly matched in performance.
Black5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:10 PM   #54
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by edz10ss View Post
This is such awesome news. Just imagine if chevy actually starts playing Camaro commercials on TV, Mustangs will be done. All I saw every two seconds while I watch Fox ch. 5 is that mustang commercial. I never see a Camaro commercial. I don't like to see someone out of a job though. Everything about the Camaro is better, from looks, handle, speed, and its a CHEVY!
Frankly, wishing for/celebrating the percieved death of a competitor is pretty ignorant. This isn't bin Laden, or the Soviet Union, or Nazi Germany, or something even the least bit truly important. As someone who works in the aerospace industry where the stakes are quite a bit higher than the automotive industry, I don't hope for the end of my competitors - the company I work for wins some, we lose some, but it's the losses which keep us trying hard so that we CAN win as many sales and contracts as we can. Otherwise we just have monopoly which is bad for everyone, or have you forgotten how long Ford was able to punt the ball on the Mustang V6's 210hp engine, well into the time when minivans were making over 300hp? That's what the Camaro would become after half a decade or more of having no competitors - if it survived at all.

Whether or not this news did mean the "Mustang is done," which it doesn't, hoping that it did is pretty much a "fanboy" thing to say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black5thgen View Post
That being said, where are all the stang humpers that said the mustang would be on top once the 5.0 comes out and people were just waiting in 2010 and that's why the Camaro won the sales title?? It's kind of weird being on this side of the fence. The mustang is the enthusiasts choice and the Camaro is the better car. It's like an opposite of the the late 90's except the cars are much more evenly matched in performance.
On the Mustang forums, probably, and how many Camaro defenders are there? Probably as few as there are Mustang defenders on Camaro5.

And the Mustang IS the better car in terms of straight-line performance and handling (styling and looks are subjective things, as is brand loyalty). The Camaro is still riding a wave of popularity from its concept debut and Transformers, which just goes to show that hp specs and quarter mile times aren't everything in deciding what car is "best" - not that most of us here would have admitted that a year or two ago when the Camaro was (nearly) undisputed king in ALL categories, before Dodge and Ford re-engined their competitors.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:30 PM   #55
5THGENRS

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT RS, 08 IOM G8 GT, 87ta
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
We better hope that the mustang doesn't go away. Competition breeds good cars. When the competition goes away so does the quality of the cars left and pretty soon they go too. Our cars will suffer if the mustang goes. Not to mention all the people that will be out of work.

A few key points:
Like what was said above, if one is gone then what does the other have to base anything that they do off of? Hum we need another model to compete with the gt500 so low and behold the ZL1. A lot of the decisions that are done are based of what the other has done, in the form of what they have done wrong and where the other can make it better, or their not doing this so we will.

I agree with one of the first comment made, bitter sweet is the best way to describe it, but no joke, the mustang needs a new revision bad. It needs a complete new restyle, its got to the point where they all look the same, and throw the solid rear axle away!

Also the comments were made that mustang wont go away and their the only ones that have had uninterrupted production, well maybe thats what has made the challenger, and especially the camaro what they are today! Maybe it took the phasing out to make the camaro bigger and better, and quite possibly its better now then what it ever could had been if it was never phased out and stayed in production. Just a thought???
2500 = Preferenced (1/12/2010)
3000 = Accepted by Production (1/13/2010) TPW = (2/8/2010)
3100 = Sequenced (1/29/2010)
3300 = Scheduled (1/29/2010)
3400 = Broadcast (1/29/2010)
3800 = Produced (2/10/2010) VIN # 2G1FG1EVXA9192608
4150 = Invoiced (2/11/2010)
4200 = Shipped (2/12/2010)
5000 = Delivered to Dealer (2/24/2010)
6000 = Delivered to Customer (3/1/2010)
5THGENRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:54 PM   #56
BlackenedSS

Drives: 2010 2SS Black on Black Camaro
Ford has done this to them selves. The Mustang has gotten too dull. I've never cared for the look but damn they just don't do anything special at all. The F150 Will be next if they don't change something soon.

Come on Ford mix it up a little