Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #43
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
What am I doing on this site??? I thought this was a Bugatti forum.

Anywho, I was thinking of trading in my Murcielago...and I couldn't decide on going more "luxury" with a Maybach or more for "sophistication" with an Aston Martin...or just go ballz out and get the Bugatti.

Any suggestions?
I would get the Aston Martin. Lots of history and good looks as well.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:45 PM   #44
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
I would get the Aston Martin. Lots of history and good looks as well.
pssssh.

Lamborghini Revonton.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #45
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
pssssh.

Lamborghini Revonton.
That would work too.
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #46
EU4IC

Drives: 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
Send a message via AIM to EU4IC
Wow, Can we switch places please? I'm working 50 hours a week this summer making hardwood flooring deliveries and will be working 30hrs a week after school just so I can save up my own money.

I was lucky enough to inherit a 1995 Impala SS (one hell of a first car), which has been driven so hard its damn near falling apart. On a more serious note, I'm 17 now and I've had to put damn near 5 grand of my OWN money just to fix the car up, I'm looking at another 2,000 to get the interior done the way I like. My mother agreed to pay half of the price for fixing broken mechanical parts, but everything I add onto it is on me. At least she agreed to pay for law school if I kept my GPA above 4.0

To put it short, I REALLY appreciate this car, and I baby the hell out of it (until some little ricer wants to get beaten ) There's no way I could honestly justify having that amount of money. I would not put it towards a brand new car. I would save and invest it to have something to fall back on, especially in light of this "recession". If you truly had to pick, Go with the Camaro. The Vette is undoubtedly sexier, but it doesn't hold a candle to the overall package and history of the Camaro
EU4IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:52 PM   #47
EU4IC

Drives: 1995 Chevrolet Impala SS
Send a message via AIM to EU4IC
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28camaro2471 View Post
That would work too.
Hell why not one of each?
EU4IC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:15 PM   #48
Beyond Limits
Pushin a rock...

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572 View Post
yeah i agree with u they will give me 43000 i will come up for the rest but yeah i do have to work for my money i wake up at 530 two days a week i no only two days a week and sweat and roll around in saw dust alll day at my uncles shop i may sound like a litle bitch but i respect u for earning ur car but also i always take care of my stuff i hate beat up things
You might have to go with a Camaro. At 16 the odds are pretty good that you would not even find an insurance carrier willing to underwrite your policy for a vette. (Just for the hell of it I got an insurance quote from Progressive. For a 16 year old driver driving an 08' base vette with 250,500,100 coverage (you would not want anything less) and a $1,000 deductible your insurance would cost $8,626 a year.)
Beyond Limits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #49
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
alright i found a new car i guess it will need a new engine and seats cause i am going to listen to u guys and buy a car for 200 dollars happy now i am just like u not eveyone is the same u know

dont buy a $200 car that needs a new engine.

find a decent 3rd or 4th gen that needs some tender love and care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadiesMan217 View Post
What am I doing on this site??? I thought this was a Bugatti forum.

Anywho, I was thinking of trading in my Murcielago...and I couldn't decide on going more "luxury" with a Maybach or more for "sophistication" with an Aston Martin...or just go ballz out and get the Bugatti.

Any suggestions?
i swapped my Murcielago for the Gallardo a couple years ago. something about the styling of it just made me swap.

right now im saving up for my Aston Martin DB9...aka pure sex on wheels.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 11:26 PM   #50
Succendo
Next up: Buell

Drives: '09 Suzuki SFV650, '98 t-top Camaro
If you buy either of those cars, you are being flatout foolish and deserve nothing less than the shit you'll be in when you get in an accident or need some real money.

Here's a point of comparison: I'm 21, getting married, going to law school, and living on my own. I have essentially no debt (a couple grand in school loans) and finance everything myself. Occasionally my parents buy me lunch or a nice gift when I visit.

I don't consider myself the perfect example of doing things the hard way. My family has gotten me out of trouble and helped me with my tuition for my first year at school. But I wouldn't be where I am if they'd held my hand.

The smart thing to do if you like sports cars is buy yourself a nice used Camaro for 10k or so. Get yourself a 4g Z28 in good shape. That's more than 99% of kids your age will ever dream of. Put five grand aside to take care of it and treat it nice. Then talk to your parents about investing the rest. When you're out of school and are trying to pay for Real Life Events (weddings, health problems, down payments, living expenses, tuition), you'll be glad you did. Then, in a few years, when you are making money the hard way, you can buy a sweet new car.

You aren't going to impress anybody saying you get up at 5:30 twice a week if you are getting $43,000 in handouts. I worked 35 hours a week while taking full time classes through college, half of that for free, just to build my resume and pay the basic bills. I washed dishes and flipped burgers so I could get free meals. In three years I'll be pulling down more money each year than my education cost, period.

No matter how you swing it, working hard in the short term is always a hell of a lot better idea than the long term.

Or, buy the car. Your grandparents will be proud.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:39 AM   #51
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Kid, I recommend going to university. I just completed my mechanical engineering degree. There is a whole lot more that you learn by going to school than what they force on you in lectures. That cash you have is a gift that lots of people would love to have. But in the grand scheme of things its not a whole lot. There are few smart things you can do with it, and lots of dumb things.

Now that the word of caution is out, if you still feel like getting a brand new chevy sports car for your 16th birthday, I recommend the Camaro.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:01 AM   #52
LegacyZ28

Drives: 1991 Jaguar XJ6
Quote:
100 mph aint even fast i got going 111 on a little swamp with my dads 900 snowmobile but yeah i no i will have to be careful i am setting a max speed for myself of 100
If you don't want to go that fast and use the engine, get the V6 RS and put the rest of the money towards college or save it for a down payment on the house.
Just because you have it doesn't mean you gotta blow it all away.
LegacyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #53
LegacyZ28

Drives: 1991 Jaguar XJ6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
And ps. Just for the record.

My father was the president of the largest real estate company in the United States. I was offered M series BMWs, Corvettes, and Porsches.

but i have my Accord because i plan on getting into an accident sometime before i turn 20, and i plan on living through it.

not just that... but i bought it with the money i earned working construction for a year.

Just because you have money, doesnt mean you should, or even that its right, to spend it on certain things.

go get a car that will get you from A to B . protect you from yourself. and allow you to learn how to drive.
I agree, I'm driving a 1991 XJ6 right now, and I'm so glad my dad did this instead of buying a new car. I'll be "graduating" from this car in a month or so, but like I said, I wouldn't go back and take anything over the Jag. I learned so much, go out and get something decent. I'm 17 now and I will be getting a new car soon (mind you, it will be a cobalt or something, my dad doesn't want me to die at 18 while on the 405 (la freeway). Also, insurance is not gonna be "no big deal."
You willbe paying at least 400$ a month, I'm paying 200$ on my Jag, and my brother who's 18 is paying about 300 on his V6 mustang.
Bottom line: get a 4th gen V6 for a year and get into an accident that way. Because chances are, you will wreck whatever you have, at least get into a fenderbender.
But just make sure you buy american.
Or, since you have the money, get a 69 and work on it for a while.
Good luck on getting your first car in 2 years, I hope you make the right choice and don't go for a 30-40k car.
LegacyZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 02:34 AM   #54
SSideways

Drives: 99 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan 572
100 mph aint even fast i got going 111 on a little swamp with my dads 900 snowmobile but yeah i no i will have to be careful i am setting a max speed for myself of 100

Hmm... The SS or the Vette will do your "max speed" in 2nd gear so.... 1st time you're on the freeway with your girl and some rustang revs up at you, that 100mph limit's going out the window. I'll even give you that MAYBE you'll drive cautiously for 3-6 months but then you'll start to push the limits and then you'll slide off the road into a ditch (if you're lucky.) I'd suggest a V6 4th gen to learn on for at least a year, so you don't kill yourself. Just speaking from my personal experience. Oh and do NOT get a red car.
SSideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:17 PM   #55
jordan 572

Drives: none
I cant believe how big a douche I was in 2008. Anyways I've had my car for about a year now. Haven't gotten in any crashes.(knock on wood) Still looks new. I park so far away from my college so its safe I literally spend more time walking in then driving there.
Attached Images

jordan 572 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 07:32 PM   #56
Hennesseyrgv
CAMARO5LINE FOUNDER

Drives: Hennessey HPE650
If I was you I would wait and invest the money, and wait for it to grow, then you could probably pay your car with the interest or money you would make from the original money, so at the end you could still have your car plus the money you started with at the beginning. Remember money is better when you have it saved up to make more than an item that it's going to devalue it.
Hennesseyrgv is offline   Reply With Quote