Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #85
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
Crystal Red Tint will be available too. And hopefully Cyber Gray Metallic.
Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #86
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Crystal Red Tint will be available too. And hopefully Cyber Gray Metallic.
and hopefully IBM.

I can say one thing, if somehow the color shortage issue remains and these are still the only 6 colors offered at the time the ZL1 goes into production, I'm not ordering.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 08:07 AM   #87
Tysen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurenuff View Post
and hopefully IBM.

I can say one thing, if somehow the color shortage issue remains and these are still the only 6 colors offered at the time the ZL1 goes into production, I'm not ordering.
Agreed. CGM was going to be my color if they didn't release a new blue.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:38 AM   #88
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
You won't get the same effect from a pearl as you would from a 3 stage
Please read my response carefully. I fully understand that, and I've seen the movie cars in person a few times. I'm not suggesting the "effect" or any multi-stage paint. I only mentioned that a pearl metallic yellow with the same hue and tint would be cool. Rally Yellow isn't even close to the Bumblebee color. It wouldn't be hard to come up with a different shade of yellow with some metallic mixed in. It doesn't need the "effect" or shimmer, just the color and sparkle.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:46 AM   #89
Tysen

I saw some Ford vehicles yesterday that looked similar to Bumblebee's color. I think GM could at least offer something close to that. Embarrassing that Ford is offering all these things (blue color, bumblebee-like color, in-dash NAV, selectable interior light color) that Chevy buyers want. If I didn't despise Ford, I probably would already be driving a Rustang.
Old 07-01-2011, 10:03 AM   #90
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
The majority of people on this thread are missing the point and obviously didn't read any of my posts.
Milk, happens all the time.....it's not just you.
OldScoolCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:54 AM   #91
Nine Ball

Drives: 1969 & 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
I saw some Ford vehicles yesterday that looked similar to Bumblebee's color.
Exactly. It is called "Yellow Blaze" and it is available on the Mustang. Much closer representation to Bumblebee than the current yellow is.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:19 PM   #92
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Ball View Post
Exactly. It is called "Yellow Blaze" and it is available on the Mustang. Much closer representation to Bumblebee than the current yellow is.

That's a really nice yellow
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:00 PM   #93
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Please read my response carefully. I fully understand that, and I've seen the movie cars in person a few times. I'm not suggesting the "effect" or any multi-stage paint. I only mentioned that a pearl metallic yellow with the same hue and tint would be cool. Rally Yellow isn't even close to the Bumblebee color. It wouldn't be hard to come up with a different shade of yellow with some metallic mixed in. It doesn't need the "effect" or shimmer, just the color and sparkle.
I agree with you. We need a different yellow. Pearl will just never get the depth that a 3 stage does and some people may be dissapointed that it's no just like bumblebee.
Old 07-01-2011, 05:59 PM   #94
dr damon

Drives: 2011 MANTIS Camaro SS
Quote:

wow!!! that is so much closer to bumblebee than rally yellow. nice job ford. . if that color was offered, i might not have gotten synergy green because i really like bumblebee, but for me rally yellow is too pale.
Old 07-02-2011, 04:11 AM   #95
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Just found this on the Xirallic shortage (The additive for the colors GM is having issues getting from Japan) So maybe we will see CGM and RJT in the lineup of colors for the ZL1!! Looks like Merck is resuming production and planning an alternate production site for the future.

http://www.chemanager-online.com/en/...oduction-japan
Old 07-02-2011, 05:15 AM   #96
Country

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmurphy View Post
Just found this on the Xirallic shortage (The additive for the colors GM is having issues getting from Japan) So maybe we will see CGM and RJT in the lineup of colors for the ZL1!! Looks like Merck is resuming production and planning an alternate production site for the future.

http://www.chemanager-online.com/en/...oduction-japan

That's older news, They are back up and running full production now. Aswell as starting a new plant.
Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #97
jhmurphy

Drives: Grey Beast
Yes the post on the site was from May but since i could not find it on any posts anywhere on in the forum I figured it was worth posting.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:48 AM   #98
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
The whole point here is to offer more not less....or even color to sample ALA Porsche.
But the modern paint shop in an automobile plant can't do more colors. Typically 10 to 12. Any more than that and you are adding significant cost for less sales.

You have to do a change over to a new color. And the more colors the more change overs.

And in some cases, you are running multiple models through the paint shop and some of the colors have to be shared.

Lots of good reasons why you won't see more choices.

At this point, for every color added one has to be removed.

And if you want even 1 exclusive ZL1 color, you have to reduce the color choices by 1 for the Coupe and Convertible. And that is counter to the "need more colors" discussion here.

Specialty colors can be done, but with a lot of effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
Scott, I don't recall Prince, or anyone else, ever writing a song titled, "Little Synergy Green Corvette"...or, "Little Sunrise Yellow Corvette"...or...

RED

WHITE

BLACK

...and, since the late-'90s...

SILVER

Actually, in the Car Biz, there was a time in the late-'70s/early-'80s when they used to refer to a very popular current color as "NO-SALE SILVER"!

Tastes, and times, change...

I'm OK with just those 4 colors...for an LS7-engined "Z/28". In fact, Black-on-Black will be my choice...

Don't you be dissin' my yellow Sky now

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbls1 View Post
Ford doesn't seem to have problems offering bright blue (it appears?). It also looks like mazda is having a ball with its own bright blue as well.

We need to figure out ways to overcome the slump in sales for the good colors instead of killing them off prematurely.
Wow so you think it would be good if GM offered the same colors as Ford?

You won't ever "overcome" the lack of sales of what you think are good colors. If you are limited to 10 or 12 (and you are) which one do you pick? If you are in a business you pick the most popular ones voted on by customer with $$$. It's just that simple.

Quote:
I don't want that many colors. I just want colors that correctly represent the Camaro's persona. It's a stand-out car that needs stand-out colors. Like I said, I like the red on the ZL1's better than VR. It's slightly different, but it makes a huge difference in bringing out the cars essence.
No one has answered me on the Synergy green selling number. Why discontinue a good selling color that let's the Camaro stand out (not that they don't already).

This doesn't just limits itself to the Camaro. GM as a whole needs colors that let their products stand out. People may say colors are subjective, but they are a main selling point on the general consumer.
When a potential customer sees a car they are considering in an eye-catching color they think "Wow, that looks good".
Colors are cliniced more than you know. They are picked with careful thought and effort.

As Scott said, I actually love Synergy Green. Whenever I see it I marvel at how the shape of the Camaro pops...........................I'd never buy one though.

Quote:
I guess I'm the only one that's a bit bored with the current colors.
You and apparently 3 others.

Quote:
Limited production runs would be fine. Build those 250-500 cars in special colors occasionally. I would be willing to pay a little more for a specialty color that I like. We aren't asking to sell 20,000 units in a color. It would be nice to see some unique ones hit the street that were factory painted.

As for the Bumblebee paint, I know that is a big bucks show quality paint job on the movie and display cars. I'm not suggesting you use the mega-metallic finish or the multiple stages. It really could just be a metallic yellow color that shares the same hue/warmth. Just a little more orange than the current yellow, with some metallic mixed in. Pearl Yellow Tintcoat perhaps. Of course it could cost more, so add it to the window sticker. No different than how it is done on the pearl white or metallic red Cadillacs, and people still buy the colors.

Tony
Limited runs are tough. Not sure how much that would cost, but I don't think it would be cheap.

Quote:
You are not the only one. I've said a couple of times that the camaro pallate IMO is boring. ABM was a nice hue, and synergy green at least sparked interest. Some of the other colors, while not bad, IMO look to be better suited on some other models.
Just look at the sales number of colors, not just Camaro, but the industry. Funky colors are cool to look at if it's someone elses. Most people vote with the $$$ for two reasons, they like it and they think they can resell it easily. There is another lesser reason for those that intend to keep them for a lonngggg time, how good will it look in 20 years.

Quote:
don't like the unfinished look of matte paint
It looks good on the right car and in dark colors IMO. I had a Ducati ST4S in matte grey. It was awesome. But bright colors? No thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
To each their own, but it looks primered to me. I don't get the matte paint look on cars.
On the right car it can look good. In the wrong car with the wrong wheels and trim can look pretty bad.

But this is no different than the whole discussion on color. Some people like matte paint and would pay for it from the factory.............just not enough to devote 1 of your 10 to 12 colors for at least a year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebe4 View Post
+4 B-O-R-I-N-G

If Black was not an available color, I probably would not have bought a 5th gen. They have the right colors, just in the wrong shades, imo.
Green and yellow are not top sellers on other cars..............or Camaro for that matter.

Quote:
No.....never. I know the primed look is a fad with lambos.....but I absolutely hate that look on any car.

However, that color combo...the blue and gold.....hmmm somehow it stands out in a weird way. It has possibilities IMO with the right handling.

See GM.....that's what's missing....Some excitement and some bold strokes. Not that the camaro isn't bold but just sayin'...the colors need to draw more interest....and yes they do need to sell.
You don't do bold strokes with paint. You can't just undo it either.

Again, most people voting with their own $$$ aren't going to pay for bold strokes. They will still buy silver, white, red, black as the primaries.

As Fbodfather said, GM could offer 10 regular colors and 20 shades of blue and we would still have this thread. It's a fun thread, but when you are discussing which shade of blue is the best blue we aren't really going to resolve anything because there is no right or wrong anwer.

Last edited by Number 3; 07-02-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote