Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 08-11-2014, 04:02 AM   #1
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Transmission getting Coolant inside? or Leak?

i was racing my buddy around the block.. My 2011 SS against his Mustang Gt... It was no contest. I blew him out of the water... anyway. i just had my rears done 3.27 to 3.73 and i have a CAI and Ported TB and a B.S. Tune... So when we were racing around this giant block ( its in a suburban neighborhood) maybe 1/2 mile each straight away ( we raced the whole square) i was letting him catch up then i would punch it leave him and let him catch up then leave him.. The 3rd turn i just left him i put it down and hauled ass and got to the light and i came up so quick and hit my brakes the anti lock came on i made the turn and punched it again and my car bogged out! i was still moving but the power was gone .. Mind you the car is still shifting.. So i made it back to our destination ( finish line)... So i didn't know what happened.. i thought maybe the AFM was stuck or some other reasons. NO engine sounds no tranny slipping just the car bogging out for a second but still a little power loss.. I let the car cool off and the next day i rode and it it seemed fine. I didn't want to beat her so i have been taken her easy, I noticed a little Antifreeze smell from the vents. I didn't think nothing of it i thought it was my imagination. Then i smelled it again.. So i had driven all the way from south jersey to philly and back again no smell. When i got home something told me check the fluid. I checked and when i tooled the cap off it looked empty. i checked the res dip stick and it was bone dry. but the car never over heated tranny temp was fine car drove great all day. so i went and get the antifreeze and put it in topped off the car. The smell went away. I also checked the oil and its fine.. smells good looks good. not runny or foamy.. so I'm wondering where the hell did all that coolant go? could it be in my tranny? I notice when i first take off in my car it kinda revs high before it hits second but that tune on my car has removed my 0-60 rev limiter.,, but the car shifts fine. do you have to remove transmission lines during a rear job? I'm completely stumped .. anyone have any suggestions or ideas? the car really lost power on the last turn during that race, i hit the brakes pretty damn hard when i turned and i also noticed some brake fluid around the master cylinder cap.. Long story i know,,, but with could have caused the power loss and the coolant loss? No low coolant light no check engine light no check tranny nothing,,,:no idea: oh and before all this i noticed that my fan would constantly be on.. also i took the car to the dealer about a problem with the car having a bogging out issue on take off... i would punch it and the car would hesitate for a second and then take off.. i don't know.. I know it could be the heater core leaking but there is no wetness on my carpet nothing. come on fellow camaroinyins...help me ease my brain.. i wish these damn cars had a tranny dip stick!!
KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote