Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 08-11-2014, 10:24 PM   #1
KahunaSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro ss
Radiator and Res empty??? No overheating!

i raced a friend .. nothing crazy.. after about a mile ( we stopped 3 times) my car bogged out and it felt like it was running on 4 cylinders after i slammed the breaks on really hard and the anti lock came on and the car still screeched .. I had the car in comp mode.. anyway after i let the car cool down it was fine,, I didn't see any overheating or notice any smells.. The next day i could smell a slight antifreeze smell but thought it might have just been some brake fluid that looked like it seeped out of the master cylinder from me slamming them brakes but in the back of my head i knew it was a antifreeze smell..i had to travel 100 miles for my wifes b-day the next day after that and we went with no issue. all temps were fine i noticed the antifreeze smell slightly but nothing strong..When i got home the car sat for 5 hours and i just got the feeling to check the antifreeze. i went out to the garage and the Radiator looked bone dry. The res was also bone dry. So i went out to a local 24 hour walmart and bought DEXCOOL and filled up the rad and the res,, I looked everywhere for a leak and nothing!! I looked in the OIL and nothing! I looked under the car all over the lines.. could it be a line in the tranny? i told my dealer my car sometimes goes over into the 4000-5000 rpms when going into 2nd but it does it once in a blue moon, so the dealer said it was normal. I also was losing some power before.. i also just had my rear done..3.27 to 3.73.. so i don't know whats going on. My floor mats are super clean and they smell new.. No stains or marks..my car has 37,000 miles... anyone have any ideas.. No tranny dipstick so i can't tell.
KahunaSS is offline   Reply With Quote