Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-18-2016, 03:16 PM   #1
Bruszewski

Drives: Black 2010 SS
Looking to stop wheel hop

So I'm on the journey to stop the wheel hop in my car, I recently installed BMR trailing arms hoping they would help me out. They did help a little bit but there is still a lot of wheel hop. What should I do next? Ive been hearing some say to do bushings but not to sure
Bruszewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 03:42 PM   #2
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Check out this post I did on the subject.

Curing 5th Gen Camaro Wheel Hop
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #3
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Did you do the outer trailing arm bushing when you added the trailing arms? I just did my cradle + diff bushings as well as my trailing arms and outer bushings. I never really had any wheel hop issues on the street before and I have not been able to make it out to the drag strip yet to know if its improved. But the car maintains traction better than it did even with my worn tires. There also does not seem to be as much weight shift Rear to Front to Rear when I shift during hard accelerations. The car does not break loose either during hard accelerating even shifting at redline. Overall it feels more planted and stiff. It reminds me of driving a lowered car although im at stock ride height. Once I get some runs at the drag strip Ill post up how it feels there. I did a write up of my bushing install if you want to look at whats involved in replacing them.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439190
Stainless Power Longtube headers, off road mids, stock H pipe, flowmaster mufflers, Vararam tune model intake, NightFury cam, and 91 octane email tune from Dynosteve @ rdpmotorsport.com. 473 rwhp and 430 ft. Lbs. @3,235 ft elevation.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #4
Rocco70
THE YETI

Drives: 2SS RS
When I did my trailing arms it helped with hop. Then when I did the outer bushing and the toe rods the car felt slot more planted.
Rocco70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 09:32 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post
Did you do the outer trailing arm bushing when you added the trailing arms?
This is critical. Without the outer bushing you are not accomplishing much.
Old 02-19-2016, 10:15 AM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
You need to change your Cradle Bushings. Preferably our Full Pro Versions BK024

http://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=p...454&superpro=0
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 02:42 PM   #7
Bruszewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by mar10 View Post
Did you do the outer trailing arm bushing when you added the trailing arms? I just did my cradle + diff bushings as well as my trailing arms and outer bushings. I never really had any wheel hop issues on the street before and I have not been able to make it out to the drag strip yet to know if its improved. But the car maintains traction better than it did even with my worn tires. There also does not seem to be as much weight shift Rear to Front to Rear when I shift during hard accelerations. The car does not break loose either during hard accelerating even shifting at redline. Overall it feels more planted and stiff. It reminds me of driving a lowered car although im at stock ride height. Once I get some runs at the drag strip Ill post up how it feels there. I did a write up of my bushing install if you want to look at whats involved in replacing them.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439190
I didn't change the bushings yet I'm looking to do that within the week, I'm probably going to end up changing the cradle and diff bushings as well, that's what ive been hearing is the best option
Old 02-22-2016, 02:45 PM   #8
Bruszewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco70 View Post
When I did my trailing arms it helped with hop. Then when I did the outer bushing and the toe rods the car felt slot more planted.
Which toe rods did you do?
Old 02-22-2016, 03:07 PM   #9
Apex Motorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruszewski View Post
I didn't change the bushings yet I'm looking to do that within the week, I'm probably going to end up changing the cradle and diff bushings as well, that's what ive been hearing is the best option
Save the diff bushings for last and only if you need them. The do a lot of NVH dampening and going harder almost always results in more noise and vibration. Definitely get those trailing arm outer bushings and the rear cradle. Most of the time that will take care of wheel hop. From there toe rods and LCA bushings.
Old 02-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #10
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Motorsports View Post
Save the diff bushings for last and only if you need them. The do a lot of NVH dampening and going harder almost always results in more noise and vibration.
I agree 100%
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote