Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 09-25-2009, 07:19 AM   #15
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
The best deal is the Camaro. For the difference in price, you could spend that same money on a supercharger kit that brings your numbers way ahead of the competition. Would you rather drive a $60k Camaro SS packing forced induction with a Pedders suspension, 360 Forged 20" CF5IVE rims, and a custom carbon fiber package from DSV Customs or an overpriced import from Germany or Japan that looks half as good and won't keep up to your nearly $30k in mods? I think it's clear who wins this battle. For the same money, the Camaro is faster and yours through personalization or you can have everyone else's overrated BMW or Lexus. Don't get me wrong. Both of those cars are phenomenal machines, but I doubt you've been to a car show where all 3 cars are present. I have, and all the people were in the Chevrolet section.

In summary, for $60k, you can have the IS-F or the M3; for $60k, you can also have a Camaro SS with a Pedders race suspension, a supercharger, 360 Forged 20" CF5IVE carbon fiber rims, a DSV Customs set of interior panels to match your (my) interior, and a whole bunch of other parts that bring that 20-hp difference to a big advantage for your (my) Camaro. Tell me who wins now.
I agree with just about everything you said...I've said it before in the other thread....BUT....

The M3 has NEVER been over rated. Period. What BMW manages to do with that car is PHENOMENAL. In my opinion it's a bit pricey...but it's certainly not overrated. I can't speak to the ISF because I have never driven/owned one.
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #16
z28mass
z28 mass

Drives: 4 gen of camaros, 2012 ZL1 vin#1499
It all depends in what you like too. I have both 1999 M3 convertible and the 2010 2SS/RS both fast and both different. My favorite choice is the SS and I think is because I have been a camaro person since 1981. M3 is fun to have. Camaros must have. My opinion.

Own 1981 Berlinetta (first car bought new in 1981)
own 1981 Z28 with only 11,950 original miles, all original
own 1989 IrocZ 5.7 ( bought new in 1989)
own 1999 M3 convertible (bought used, 7 Years ago, daily driver)
New 2SS/RS IOM man, sunroof, 21' rims ordered 10/20/08 got it 7/2/09

Camaro Lover
z28mass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
Zeus
BOOOOOM MF'R!!

Drives: to Chipotle daily
Quote:
Originally Posted by 76z28 View Post
So what are peoples opinions on these cars?
which one is the best bang for the buck for drive ability and power
quickest one?
Question to the OP.

Why on earth are you seriously comparing these cars?
Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:00 AM   #18
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
While the Camaro is close straightline, throw some curves in and watch as ISF and M3 taillights quickly pull away. Really the cars aren't comparable. The ISF and M3 are just higher quality cars PERIOD. As someone said resale is also non comparable. As for exclusivity, I see far more Camaros than either of those, heck, I see more new Camaros htan I see Challengers and 2010 Mustangs! If all you are interested in is acceleration, sure the Camaro is the bang for the buck champ, but when you look at the whole picture, the other cars are pretty decent too. Heck, you can take 4 people in comfort in the ISFand M3, but than can never happen in the Camaro. Totally different cars, with totally different attributes.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:18 AM   #19
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by walls View Post
Why stop at the Camaro? It's a lot cheaper to buy a Miata and turbocharge it than it is to do all that stuff to a Cammy. And that Miata will eat your Cmy for breakfast lunch and dinner on any respectable race track.

My point is a Miata made to be a track car was made to be a track car. Same goes for the Camaro. The M3 is already all of those things AND more than that, it's done by the factory, is comfortable to impress your boss' clients in, and you won't lose money on mods...because let's face it...a 36k camaro with 20k in mods is still only going to sell for 18k after 3 years and you might get 5k back for your mods. The Beamer is going to fetch at least 40k. Now, who made the better financial decision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
they last that long?
While the Camaro is close straightline, throw some curves in and watch as ISF and M3 taillights quickly pull away. Really the cars aren't comparable. The ISF and M3 are just higher quality cars PERIOD. As someone said resale is also non comparable. As for exclusivity, I see far more Camaros than either of those, heck, I see more new Camaros htan I see Challengers and 2010 Mustangs! If all you are interested in is acceleration, sure the Camaro is the bang for the buck champ, but when you look at the whole picture, the other cars are pretty decent too. Heck, you can take 4 people in comfort in the ISFand M3, but than can never happen in the Camaro. Totally different cars, with totally different attributes.
^^^ Really for 2x the money it should be everything and better.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:38 AM   #20
ace2777

Drives: 2010 2SS RS Inferno Orange
Ive driven both new m3 and my ss...
totally different worlds
I love my SS but its a weekend car for me, if i had the cash I would of went for an m3 or even c63 benz

This is not an apples to apples comparison
camaro = muscle car
m3 = sports car
ace2777 is offline   Reply With Quote