Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-07-2011, 12:54 PM   #29
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
A solid 20psi (About all the stock ECU is good for) would put it right in the 1200rwhp range and that is about "It" without going to a stand-alone. The intake temps have actually been really good but an Air-to-Water would still drop the numbers a little which will increase power.

This is a client's car so right now he is more than happy with the numbers and just wants to get out and race it (Once weather permits). After that we will see where he wants things to go
Jeff
And correct me if I'm wrong. This 1200 rwhp is basically using your [Camaro] kit with the upgrade of Turbos and FMIC. Again, if I'm not mistaking, this isn't a custom kit like you did for Mark on his Vette. So the kit has lots of potentials!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:16 PM   #30
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
And correct me if I'm wrong. This 1200 rwhp is basically using your [Camaro] kit with the upgrade of Turbos and FMIC. Again, if I'm not mistaking, this isn't a custom kit like you did for Mark on his Vette. So the kit has lots of potentials!
The FMIC is upgraded to the 6" Race version and the manifolds are tubular only because of the heads. We planned on running the stock manifolds to confirm what the kit could do with a larger / built engine but no such luck with the LSx-R heads. The turbos are the largest we offer in the kit but they are no more money -- just the biggest option (All 3 options are the same cost).

The biggest difference is the fuel system to be honest. Triple-Walbro pumps in the Fore Performance Hat & FPR with a full return-style set-up. Holds great to 1100rwhp
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 01:57 PM   #31
Larry@Speed Inc.

Drives: 1997 Mystic Teal Z/28
very nice results especially thru an A6
Larry@Speed Inc. is offline   Reply With Quote