Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #43
Gotthat02fire

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
Nuff said right there....

My car is still a "street car" but... It's not the most fun anymore.... and will be less so with having removed the AC... but it's dammit fun once I get in it and actually motor down the road...
No doubt 800 plus is a blast on the street and even better on the track. Drivability and comfort come into play on long drives also parts get to a point of being ridiculous to replace. Plus it always seems like the part you break no one has in stock or it needs sent out to be fixed!

Gotthat02fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:33 PM   #44
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
I have an Auto and making 610 RWHP and 726 at the Crank....Here is mods....ADM built with Whipple Supercharger, LS3 conversion with Gt-11 cam, Long tubes with Headers, Tune, ADM CAI....As stated dyno at 610 using 3.875 pulley and boost is 9lbs.

No suspension mods done yet and have ZERO wheel hop. Running Vred tires and Hooks up all day every day. Not a daily driver, but dont track either. I do have coil overs, but car rides just like stock. Only reason I even think about doing suspension mods is seeing other posts here. Many guys I know making over 600 with stock suspension as well. Many state no need unless going over 700 RWHP. As stated at this point ZERO issues with wheel hop or other suspension issues. Easly handles as daily driver and then some : > ).....

One thing to note and just saying----------All of this mention cost $$$$ in fact somewhere north of 12,000...To be honest its great to say you have the power, but for 12,000 + I was kinda expecting more. Dont get me wrong I LOVE it, but even at 610 RWHP I am wanting more.

Here is what I suggest if not done already. Change your gearing first. This is not an expensive mod and makes hudge difference with Auto L99. Next think about a Cam and tune and headers. This might be all you need prior to dropping more on SC.
Expecailly if going to use for daily driver and one day will sell off. You will never ever get money back out of it.

Its all fun but ask yourself if over 12,000 fun

Oh yes and this is on 93 ocatane

Last edited by CamaroI; 05-22-2014 at 06:45 PM.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:24 PM   #45
Tritanium

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
I have an Auto and making 610 RWHP and 726 at the Crank....Here is mods....ADM built with Whipple Supercharger, LS3 conversion with Gt-11 cam, Long tubes with Headers, Tune, ADM CAI....As stated dyno at 610 using 3.875 pulley and boost is 9lbs.

No suspension mods done yet and have ZERO wheel hop. Running Vred tires and Hooks up all day every day. Not a daily driver, but dont track either. I do have coil overs, but car rides just like stock. Only reason I even think about doing suspension mods is seeing other posts here. Many guys I know making over 600 with stock suspension as well. Many state no need unless going over 700 RWHP. As stated at this point ZERO issues with wheel hop or other suspension issues. Easly handles as daily driver and then some : > ).....

One thing to note and just saying----------All of this mention cost $$$$ in fact somewhere north of 12,000...To be honest its great to say you have the power, but for 12,000 + I was kinda expecting more. Dont get me wrong I LOVE it, but even at 610 RWHP I am wanting more.

Here is what I suggest if not done already. Change your gearing first. This is not an expensive mod and makes hudge difference with Auto L99. Next think about a Cam and tune and headers. This might be all you need prior to dropping more on SC.
Expecailly if going to use for daily driver and one day will sell off. You will never ever get money back out of it.

Its all fun but ask yourself if over 12,000 fun

Oh yes and this is on 93 ocatane
Yea I totally get what your saying. For some reason I was under the impression the camaro came stock with 3.73 gears which I now know is not true. I'm definitely getting 3.91 Gears before anything else now that I know that which should be a pretty awesome change in the feel. I'm not all about the HP number or the speed of the car. I just feel like the car feels way to heavy when I drive it, but now I believe the gears will fix that.
Tritanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #46
CamaroI

Hey just so ya know. I was told by several members prior to doing my gears that I should look into 3:45 or 3.70's. The auto does not come stock with what you mentioned above. Many discourage me from doing 3.9's due to transition being to quick. Very happy with the 3:45

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 PM   #47
Tritanium

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
Hey just so ya know. I was told by several members prior to doing my gears that I should look into 3:45 or 3.70's. The auto does not come stock with what you mentioned above. Many discourage me from doing 3.9's due to transition being to quick. Very happy with the 3:45

Yea I've heard the same thing and understand the logic however if I do it I would like to get as much as possible out of it. Plus Chevy will install the 3.93s themselves and I'll still have my warranty Also I have 20x11 Wheels for the back and 20x10s for the front so I doubt traction would be a issue.
Tritanium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:10 AM   #48
CamaroI

What does wheel size have to do with your gearing setup. I would stick with 3:45 or 3:7. Gearing is not about getting the most but have the right amount. If you fly through the gears what's the point?