Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 09-18-2009, 12:30 PM   #29
Miamivette

Drives: 05 Monte/71 Vette
Call Becky. I was sitting in status 1100 for 10 weeks and was about to cancel my order and deal with Becky when my original order finally got accepted by GM. She was very helpful and understanding when I kept my original order.
Miamivette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:36 PM   #30
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I was number 3 on the list, there were four allocations. I was guaranteed one of these with my order going in no later than yesterday (I guess in case 2 allocation came in on the 17th instead of one a week like I assumed) Of those four, I received none. The allocation they received yesterday was apparently available for any Camaro model, so instead of mine, they chose to order another SS placed after mine. Honestly, I believe that they probably didn't order a customer car, but bumped mine so they could get a SS for dealer stock. I bet they did this twice, since someone else should have been getting that fourth allocation, not me.
At this point, I wonder how many times I have been bumped in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
I'm sorry if I didn't read the original post right but:

You were number 4 of 4 and there were 3 SS's in front of you.

Dealer gets allocated an SS (I don't get the V8 or V6 since that is all Camaro's) and places one of the earlier SS's in front of yours. That's OK.

Or, the 3 SS's were already sold and delivered and he had an SS behind you and bumped you. Not cool.

I will assume it's the second scenario.
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #31
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
I honestly don't know how the dealer can look you in the eye and explain why they would put number 4 in front of number 3 if your order was a buildable order.

You really shouldn't allow that BS to go on.

It's not right.

Yes, I am a dealer.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:14 PM   #32
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I have a 2LT (unclaimed) at 3000 right now....

$500 under MSRP thanks to the rebate, and you get a bunch of goodies, including a signed..... OH, sorry, can't say.

And yes, I am more than just a dealer
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 04:28 PM   #33
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01pewterz28 View Post
Sorry to here about the bad luck I sent you a PM since you are in Florida call "Stingray Chevrolet" ask for Steve Miller. They are selling at MSRP, they will accept GM card points, your deposit if 100% fully refundable even if you decided not to buy when it arrives for any reason, plus they have a $99 dealer fee. They seem to get Camaros in weekly and they last 1-2 days max. Have Steve order you one to your specs.

Good luck
Sean
Stingray is A1 too - they are a CLASSIC Chevy dealership. Why go so far away, they're in your back yard.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #34
wullger
Supercharged

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Sounds like the dealers and other good people here have your back

Appearance Mods:
Heritage Grille, ZL1 Replica Wheels
Performance Mods:
Flowmaster ARH Cat-Back Exhaust, ADM CAI, ADM L99-LS3 Conversion, ADM LSA Supercharger Kit, Lingenfelter GT9 Cam, Stainless Power Headers, Detroit Speed Sway Bars, ZL1 Fuel Pump

581 rwhp/535 lb/ft tq
wullger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 PM   #35
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Yep with this said you have several dealerships here who Can help CamaroScotty, Tom Henry Chevrolet, Classic Chevrolet, Stingray Chevrolet, Becky?

I know when it's time for me to order one of these dealerships will earn my business if they have one on the lot I will buy it and have it shipped down or orderd and shipped from the dealership to me at the very least I know I will be in good hands with the fine people at the dealerships listed above

Sean
Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 PM   #36
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
I'm sorry to hear all these horror stories. There are good dealers on this site and fortunately a thread with the bad dealers. I can understand why dealers get a bad rep when you hear this stuff. If anyone needs anything, call.

Becky Doyle
Rodgers Chevrolet
Woodhaven, Mi
734 479-7117
chevyfleet@aol.com

JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 11:26 PM   #37
bhut

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Thumbs up UPDATE

Well, I thought I would share an update with everyone. First off, I can't say enough about the number of helpful personal messages and positive comments I have received to my plight. If you sent me a message and I didn't respond to you directly, I apologize - I was trying to keep up with them and work through this today at the office and just didn't have the time. I truly wish I knew months ago what I know now, because I'd be in a car instead of reordering one.

I am at 1100 again, but am excited to see that number knowing that it will soon change. I placed an order this afternoon for the second time in just over three months. Who would have guessed it would be so hard to part with $30k? I would like to thank Becky Doyle at Rodgers Chevrolet in Woodhaven, MI. Becky knows her stuff, was no-nonsense, and treated me how we all wish to be treated as customers. It’s been a great experience so far, and I am sure I’ll be happy with the process here on out. She was able to get me in line for next week’s allocation at a price I could only dream of when I ordered locally. I looks like the delivery will be handled locally for a nominal fee, and that’s something I can live with.

After receiving the workbench via email, I notified my local dealer that I was canceling my order and wanted them to cut me a check for my deposit. I’ll go Monday to pick it up. My salesman actually thought to ask me why I was canceling. To paraphrase my pleasant response, “Really, after what happened yesterday, do I need to explain it?” More on that after I pick up the check, but needless to say, I am not planning to let this go unnoticed.

I’d also like to thank Anna Bearinger from Sparta Chevrolet in Sparta, MI. She helped get the ball rolling for me, but unfortunately I wasn’t able to wait for the upcoming allocations there due to my personal situation (every little bit helps). She gave me a lot of insight into some of the finer details of the process and has a well-earned reputation for honesty in my opinion. Funny how you meet the nicest people after a disaster!

To all of the others who contacted me, again, I truly appreciate your effort and know that there are many on this forum that will be well served by you. The dealer-enthusiast who frequent this site are a credit to Chevrolet and dealers in general. I'd recommend all of the ones who made an effort to contact me - they're easy to find... look around the site, they're already here. This isn't my first rodeo with new car buying (this Camaro marks my 5th new one in 5 years), but it has certainly be the one I'll learn the most from. More now than ever, I appreciate those dealers and salespeople who “get it.” I hope that more dealers emulate this customer-service oriented way of doing business in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhut View Post
My blood pressure has had a few hours to fall, so perhaps I can write this now. I wrote a few days ago about how I was losing faith and was frustrated with waiting at 1100, particularly considering the effort I put into finding a dealer who would accept MSRP, had no “mandatory” back-office profit add-ons, and who had a short wait list. Yes, I know and was reminded that others have waited longer. When I wrote the check, there were 4 cars awaiting allocation ahead of mine, and I had the only V6 car on the list.

I wrote the salesman and talked with him on the phone several weeks ago when I told them I was tired of hearing how my allocation was right around the corner, next week, more coming next month, etc. I was told they had four confirmed allocations coming in starting Aug 27 and ending today Sept 17. I was now third on the list, so I would definitely have one, with my allocation going in no later than the 17th. I called last week to see if everything was still on schedule and the salesman started telling me how the owner wanted some Camaros in stock since they were selling for so much over sticker at auction. I asked about my car, and the fact that I was supposed to have an allocation. I wasn’t left with a warm and fuzzy feeling by the halfhearted answer.

So imagine my delight today when I called the dealership for a status and when the salesman called me back he wanted to know if I was in a place where I could talk to him for a few minutes. I was driving (w/ earpiece, no worries) but I instantly got a bad feeling. The conversation went something like this.

Salesman: “We had the allocation that came in today that we have to use for either an SS or V6 car. Do you remember how we talked about the constraints on the SS model? Well we know that we won’t have another opportunity to get an SS allocation this year. If we’re going to order an SS, we have to order it today.”
Me: “Well, I ordered an LT, so I don’t see where this is a problem.”
Salesman: “Well, I know you didn’t order an SS. What I’m trying to tell you is, since this allocation can be used for either a V6 or V8 car, and we know we won’t be getting any more until next year, we’re going to order an SS instead of your car.”
Me: “You told me weeks ago that there were four allocations, that I was number three on the list and would have one of these slots.”
Salesman: “I know that’s what I promised you, but there is only so much I can do, I’m not going to lose my job over this. This allocation is our last chance to get one of the SS’s until January. We’ve ordered the SS, but we’re expecting another allocation on the 24th and the sales manager has promised me that the allocation will be for your car.”
Me: <Silence>
Salesman: “Are we OK?”
Me: “OK? Uh, you’re telling me, so I don’t see that there’s a choice here, is there.”

I’ll save the other little pearls of joy for myself, but there you have it folks. A dealer who is admitting to me that my pre-sold order means squat, that it doesn’t really matter that I’ve been waiting or hearing promises of the next allocation for months. This forth allocation should have been for the next car after mine, so I’m guessing that they ordered two SS cars out of turn. To say that I am PISSED OFF is an understatement. It’s no longer about waiting for a car apparently; it’s about waiting for my dealer to decide when it’s convenient to give me my allocation when there is so much profit to be had by selling the SS cars.

I’ll be speaking with GM/Chevrolet customer service tomorrow. This kind of treatment and blatant abuse of the already convoluted allocation system for these cars is bullshit. As a buying customer, I deserve better from this dealer. As a company, GM better hope there aren’t many more like this one.

On that high note, I’d like to know if there is a dealer out here with an immediate allocation available. I would also be willing to buy a vehicle from stock that meets my wish list. I am looking for an inferno orange 2LT with the inferno orange interior, a manual transmission, and the black hockey stripe package. Nothing too special, but I don’t really care for the RS pack. Stripes can always be added later, so if someone has one of these around let me know. I am willing to fly to pick it up and drive it home if the out-of-state tax issues are workable (immediate order or in stock, and within two day’s drive from FL panhandle). Since my buying experience has been so wonderful so far, my preference at this point is a dealer who will accept qualifying discounts. I have $6K to put down, excellent credit (no lie), and am looking for an honest deal.
bhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:28 AM   #38
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
Congrats on getting the car you wanted ordered post pics when she arrives The best part is a great dealership and sales person on this site was able to take care of you it's salespeople & dealerships like Becky, Scott, Tom, ect... who understand us "Camaro nuts" and what we are looking for and the no the no BS approach they take. I will say it again when the time is right next year one of these fine dealerships will be getting my order.

Sean
Old 09-19-2009, 06:58 AM   #39
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Name the Dealership, Salesman, and Sales Manager

My guess is scum bag Sales Manager with scum bag owner. If you get time go make a scene when they are busy with potential 60 day trial customers.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #40
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Since Becky honors supplier pricing, get signed up with your credit union - and save even more $$$

https://www.exclusivegmoffer.com/ip-...do?program=cud
Old 09-19-2009, 10:10 AM   #41
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
Way to go bhut! I'm so glad you walked away from that BS dealer. We're so lucky to have this forum and the great dealers associated with it to fix these types of abuses.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:24 AM   #42
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
That sucks! Most dealers are lying a$$holes. Good luck searching for another car. You may end up just wanting to go with a different dealer. Do you really want them to get the sale at this point? I wouldn't give a dealer like that the sale.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote