Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-13-2014, 06:17 PM   #113
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Paint looks real nice . Is 25 hrs average to take out the swirl marks with a DA. ? Looking to do this in the near future
Old 06-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #114
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
Awesome ride bro. Enjoyed the thread!
Thanks, means a lot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Paint looks real nice . Is 25 hrs average to take out the swirl marks with a DA. ? Looking to do this in the near future
Thanks man, and it was about 25 hours to polish, seal, glaze abd wax. In polishing I have about 20 hours. The time will vary based on your polish, DA polisher and even pads.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #115
Black Knight

Time defently well spent .
Old 06-14-2014, 01:48 PM   #116
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Time defently well spent .
Couldn't agree more.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 06-16-2014, 08:56 PM   #117
No Regrets 2014

Drives: 2014 2SS RSFV3F Ordered- TPW5/26
Led fog/ license plate bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Attention:All right reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please send me a PM.

Order:

Alright guys and girls I am finally getting around to writing my member journal after almost 3 years but better late than never. Let me start off by saying that my Camaro was basically my dream car everything I wanted and more than I needed. Like most people on this site I was basically in love when I saw the prototype in Transformers back in 2007.

Lets get back to the story though. My Camaro story begins when I was 13-14 and my dad made a deal with me that if I kept up my grades in school and learned to work and rebuild a car by reading the Hanes manual for a ’79 Trans Am that he would buy one and we would rebuild it and it would be my first car. So as time went on I read through the book and started to help my dad in any way I could when he was working on the cars to learn from him. But as the Camaro neared production and they actually had production models in international shows I knew I had to go see one. Needles to say I jumped on the internet and the closest show that was going to have a new Camaro in would be the Atlanta auto show 5 hours from where I live. That was about in ’09 and I had just turned 15 so of course I was trying to convince my dad that the Camaro was the car for me. That day I saw two Camaros a base model LS and a 2SS both SIM. I just feel in love. I felt very comfortable in the LS and knew it was going to be a great car.

Now jump in time to June of ’09 My order was placed and the dreaded wait began. Which for me was only 3 months and at the time that was not to bad. My camaro was officially born on August 17 2009 and is number 36,498 produced

Delivery:

I officially took delivery of my Rally Yellow 2010 2LT/RS Camaro on September 5th 2009. But that was not the first time I saw my car. The day before the stripes were going to be installed and our sales man was able to get me in for a sneak peak. It was love at first site. Since I have taken delivery I have taken tremendous care of my Camaro babying it at every corner. I am truly grateful for what I have been blessed with and will never take it for granted. I hope one day I can do the same for my kids.

Mods:

So of course who buys such a nice car and doesn’t mod it. My moding is very basic at this point because a recent high school grad with no job I don’t really have the funds to support it. But slowly I am getting the Camaro to a way that it truly is mine.

Cosmetic:

Transformers Badges, center caps, doorsills and custom stripe overlay
Defenderwrox locking gas cap, reverse light surrounds, and gills
GM Heritage Grill
Matte Black tail light bezels
Magnetic Trunk Blackout
Street Scene Lower grill
Transformers Front Fascia Blackout
LED DRL Bulbs
Custom Painted Fuse box cover
Custom Painted Manifold, Plenum Cover, and Throttle Body
Custom Emerald Coast Camaro on rear driver side window
Emblem Pros dash plaque
Interior and License plate LEDs
20X9 Factory Reproductions ZL1 Replica Rims
Gloss Black Camaro Fender Badges
Gloss Black and Red RS Badge
ShowStoppers ZL1 Front Splash Guards
Rear OEM ZL1 Splash Guards
Big Worm Graphics Gunsmoke Side Marker Tint

Performance:

Black C.A.I. Inc CAI
Black Elite Engineering Catch Can with Nickel Plated Feedings
MRT V 2.0
Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace
R1 E-Line Rotors
Hawk HPS Break Pads
1LE Clean Side Separator
GTO Clutch Reservoir Relocation
LSR Sway Bars

Future Mods:

Cosmetic:

ZL1 Side Skirts
Anvil Spoiler

Performance:

BBK Long Tubes with High Flow Cats and some 2.5 Mid Pipes
Tune
Drop Springs
MGW Short Throw Shifter

Pictures to follow

Thanks for reading

Here's how my Camaro sits today:

Car looks great. Looking to upgrade to led for my fog lights and license plate bulbs. Can you tell me what vendor and model you put on yours. Looks really sweet. Thanks.
No Regrets 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #118
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Regrets 2014 View Post
Car looks great. Looking to upgrade to led for my fog lights and license plate bulbs. Can you tell me what vendor and model you put on yours. Looks really sweet. Thanks.
I just got both of mine from eBay, buy if I were doing it over again I would buy from diode dynamics. They are a forum sponsor here and carry just what your looking for.

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 07-10-2014, 12:33 PM   #119
ECO1369

Drives: Camaro 1LT V6 & 2015 ZL1 Fun
looking to lower my camaro and install sway bars any sugestions.
ECO1369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 12:43 PM   #120
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Budget? And what year?

Sent from my HTC One_M8
Old 07-10-2014, 09:38 PM   #121
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECO1369 View Post
looking to lower my camaro and install sway bars any sugestions.
All depends on your thoughts for cost as mentioned above.

I went with Eibach springs and sway bars. Got both of them shipped to the house with sale and rebates for a total cost of $440. Not counting the install of the springs. I did my own install of the sway bars.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #122
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Attention:All right reserved. Any and all photos/videos found within this thread may not be copied, edited, reproduced, linked, or displayed in any form or by any means; electronic, mechanical, optical, or otherwise, without prior written permission from myself. If you wish to use any of the photos/videos found within this thread please send me a PM.

Order:

Alright guys and girls I am finally getting around to writing my member journal after almost 3 years but better late than never. Let me start off by saying that my Camaro was basically my dream car everything I wanted and more than I needed. Like most people on this site I was basically in love when I saw the prototype in Transformers back in 2007.

Lets get back to the story though. My Camaro story begins when I was 13-14 and my dad made a deal with me that if I kept up my grades in school and learned to work and rebuild a car by reading the Hanes manual for a ’79 Trans Am that he would buy one and we would rebuild it and it would be my first car. So as time went on I read through the book and started to help my dad in any way I could when he was working on the cars to learn from him. But as the Camaro neared production and they actually had production models in international shows I knew I had to go see one. Needles to say I jumped on the internet and the closest show that was going to have a new Camaro in would be the Atlanta auto show 5 hours from where I live. That was about in ’09 and I had just turned 15 so of course I was trying to convince my dad that the Camaro was the car for me. That day I saw two Camaros a base model LS and a 2SS both SIM. I just feel in love. I felt very comfortable in the LS and knew it was going to be a great car.

Now jump in time to June of ’09 My order was placed and the dreaded wait began. Which for me was only 3 months and at the time that was not to bad. My camaro was officially born on August 17 2009 and is number 36,498 produced

Delivery:

I officially took delivery of my Rally Yellow 2010 2LT/RS Camaro on September 5th 2009. But that was not the first time I saw my car. The day before the stripes were going to be installed and our sales man was able to get me in for a sneak peak. It was love at first site. Since I have taken delivery I have taken tremendous care of my Camaro babying it at every corner. I am truly grateful for what I have been blessed with and will never take it for granted. I hope one day I can do the same for my kids.

Mods:

So of course who buys such a nice car and doesn’t mod it? My modding is very basic at this point because as a recent high school grad with no job; I don’t really have the funds to support it. Slowly, I am getting the Camaro to a way that it truly is mine.

Cosmetic:

Transformers Badges, center caps, doorsills and custom stripe overlay
Defenderwrox locking gas cap, reverse light surrounds, and gills
GM Heritage Grill
Matte Black tail light bezels
Magnetic Trunk Blackout
Street Scene Lower grill
Transformers Front Fascia Blackout
LED DRL Bulbs
Custom Painted Fuse box cover
Custom Painted Manifold, Plenum Cover, and Throttle Body
Custom Emerald Coast Camaro on rear driver side window
Emblem Pros dash plaque
Interior and License plate LEDs
20X9 Factory Reproductions ZL1 Replica Rims
Gloss Black Camaro Fender Badges
Gloss Black and Red RS Badge
ShowStoppers ZL1 Front Splash Guards
Rear OEM ZL1 Splash Guards
Big Worm Graphics Gunsmoke Side Marker Tint

Performance:

Black C.A.I. Inc CAI
Black Elite Engineering Catch Can with Nickel Plated Feedings
MRT V 2.0
Hotchkis Strut Tower Brace
R1 E-Line Rotors
Hawk HPS Break Pads
1LE Clean Side Separator
GTO Clutch Reservoir Relocation
LSR Sway Bars

Future Mods:

Cosmetic:

ZL1 Side Skirts
Anvil Spoiler

Performance:

BBK Long Tubes with High Flow Cats and some 2.5 Mid Pipes
Tune
Drop Springs
MGW Short Throw Shifter

Pictures to follow

Thanks for reading

Here's how my Camaro sits today:

I fixed some your Public School System failures in your "mods" section.
FYI - you finished high school, now your education REALLY begins. If you want to help YOUR children, EDUCATE yourself at an institution of higher learning. Your spelling and grammar need much improvement to get ahead in this modern and very hi-tech world.

BTW - that's a nice Camaro you have there.
Old 07-11-2014, 10:08 PM   #123
Black Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snidely Whiplash View Post
I fixed some your Public School System failures in your "mods" section.
FYI - you finished high school, now your education REALLY begins. If you want to help YOUR children, EDUCATE yourself at an institution of higher learning. Your spelling and grammar need much improvement to get ahead in this modern and very hi-tech world.

BTW - that's a nice Camaro you have there.
I hope your a friend of menendez and this is some kind of inside joke , if not this is the worst post I've seen on Camaro5
Old 07-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #124
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
I hope your a friend of menendez and this is some kind of inside joke , if not this is the worst post I've seen on Camaro5
And I have no idea who he is....

I could honestly care less. He can correct all my posts if he would like, but I am not going to take the time to make sure a forum post looks like a Thesis paper.
Old 07-13-2014, 07:12 PM   #125
Baldman
EMERALD COAST CAMAROS

Drives: None
Quote:
And I have no idea who he is....

I could honestly care less. He can correct all my posts if he would like, but I am not going to take the time to make sure a forum post looks like a Thesis paper.
I was going to say something Freddie but I figured you knew him. What an ass.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:01 PM   #126
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldman View Post
I was going to say something Freddie but I figured you knew him. What an ass.
You got that right Howard. Not everyone can be as cool and nice as our fellow ECCers