Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #29
mcbeth15

Drives: '11 RS 2LT IBM
The bank and I thank you!
mcbeth15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #30
GEEKFREEKSCOTTY
Autoboticus Roboticus

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I just usually say, "Thank you. I sincerely appreciate that."
Old 07-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #31
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
To quote Charles Jefferson in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High": Don't f*ck with it!
Old 07-23-2013, 04:05 PM   #32
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
And I'm just like uhhh... ummm.... happy birthday!! And then later I'm like
lmao

I always just give them the head nod and say

a driver for one of the vendors at work said nice mustang (genuinely thought it was a mustang.. so I let him slide)... I tell him.. no, no.. this is even better... eats mustangs for breakfast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperGumby View Post
I just say "Thanks, don't touch it."
LOL... i think i will use this sometime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmatth1162 View Post
In Philly, I get asked how much the car cost more often than I get compliments. I just keep a straight face and say "I don't know, I stole it." Most of the time, whoever asks looks confused or even a little anxious and they don't ask anymore questions
hate this... so annoying

"i'll see you there or i will see you at another time... jobin"
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by burton227 View Post
Is knowing what to say when everybody is complimenting you on your ride. We need a thread of good responses to compliments. Because half the time I have no idea what to say! They are like wow thats such a nice car, that looks awesome! And I'm just like uhhh... ummm.... happy birthday!! And then later I'm like
Tell them what I tell them:

them: "Hey nice car!"

Me: "Thanks! Tell the bank how well I'm taking care of it, and maybe they'll lower my interest rate!"

About 75% laugh. The other 25% failed the 'sense of humor' test and I don't want to talk to them anyway
Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM   #34
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by backbaconrules View Post
I get the "How's the Camaro treating you?" My response is "Awesome".

Oh, how crude! You should reply "Awesomely"
Old 07-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #35
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
90% of the time I just say thank you, I really like it or enjoy it. The other few times I will say something like you don't need to compliment me, tell Chevrolet they were the ones that built an awesome car, I just drive it and enjoy it. Or something on those lines. I think it is kind of humorous but usually the people I have told that to don't so kind of quit saying it.

Dean.
skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #36
supercharged zl1

Drives: '13 camaro zl1 '08 daytona charger
Quote:
Originally Posted by strych9 View Post
To quote Charles Jefferson in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High": Don't f*ck with it!
Haha "don't **** with it" that movie is awesome
supercharged zl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #37
Ryanbabz71

Drives: 2018 Hyper Blue 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman53201 View Post
sweeeet
Got to meet Jon Reep last year at a comedy club here in town. He was hilarious.

He even had a camaro story at the end of his set
Attached Images

Ryanbabz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:32 PM   #38
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
ye was signing up for a health club membership and I asked when they were going to finish paving the parking lot and he asks me if that Camaro outside was mine, and proceded to compliment me on it and his lady coworker joined in, makes you feel good that alot of other people appreciate you ride. I usually just respond with at thank you and "you should get you one, there a blast to drive!" I think most people think that every one of them is a 40K dollar car. of corse I don't give them that info unless they press for the info.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:50 PM   #39
yellowz
TREMEC6060 1-2 needs fix

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I've gotten lots of compliments since I first got the car. And quite a few were surprised that it was under $70,000+, they were thinking it was priced like high end BMW's or Corvettes or something. But everybody loved it. I don't mention the price of the car because if you say its expensive, it sounds like you're complaining about the price when you are the one that agreed to the price. I might mention upkeep, like "Takes a bit of work to keep it clean though." Everybody knows that a car like this just doesn't look good if you don't keep it clean; the Camaro is in a class above your average daily driver.

And then I got a cam and headers.

I was hoping the neighborhood would tolerate the noise, but to my surprise, they loved it! I even met people down the street that I'd never talked to, and they all just loved the Camaro. It was as if it was -their- "neighborhood muscle car," and they were proud to be in the place where it lived. And since then, everywhere I go, 7-11, grocery store, gas station, anywhere that people might be nearby, somebody will mention the great sound. I still can't believe how many people compliment the car, and especially the muscle car sound. Lately it's been almost 50% of the males nearby will offer a compliment. I've had old ladies, sitting in a pickup, waiting for somebody inside the store, holler out to me and strike up a conversation. And many other older folks signal on the street with a thumbs up or some frantic "I love that" gesturing at the stop light. I think it reminds them of the glory days of muscle cars. It's like the older folks hear the beauty first, and the younger folks see the beauty first, but they all love it together as a whole.

I've never had a complaint or a "why," or anything negative, not even "odd looks" or anything else a paranoid imagination could conjure up. I have seen many people looking, who didn't speak up, but they were smiling, and you could tell they liked it. Especially the kids in other cars with wide open eyes just soaking it in.

And of course I get the cameras and cell phones capturing my car on the freeway and pictures in the parking lot all the time.

I'm absolutely stunned by how much random people love my car. Even Mustang owners and Challys on occasion give me a headlight flash or thumbs up or something. Bikers love it too! Who woulda thunk it.

Rally Yellow with black hood and hockey stripes.

To the four and five year old's, I'm a bumblebee. At a Test-n-Tune drag night, after it was over and I was cleaning up to go home, Grandpa came by with two kids, the younger about four or so. Grandpa said "You had a fan. He was rooting for the bumblebee all night long." I happened to be kneeling to pump up the rear tires so I was right on the kids eye level and I said to him, "Well, thanks I appreciate that. Wish I could have won more races for you." Grandpa said, "Give him a high five" and I had already stood up out of respect for Grandpa, so I lowered down and gave that kid a high five. Man that felt good! That was probably the very best compliment I've ever had. I didn't really know how to handle it but I did the best I could.

For most folks I just say "Thank you, I like it and its a fun car to drive." If they take the conversation further, I sometimes end up spending a bit of time talking about it with them.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #40
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
I say "yes it is"
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 01:17 AM   #41
burton227

Drives: 2010 Camaro Yellow w/ Black stripes
Hahah alot of good responses guys! I think I laughed the most from "the bank and I thank you" just because it's so true! lol and it's the best feeling when the little kids come running up to my car saying hey look its bumblebee! It never gets old!
burton227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:21 AM   #42
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Thank you. Chevy did a great job
This is similar to what I usually say - "Thanks, GM hit it out of the park" or "GM built me a great car".

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote