Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-17-2009, 06:38 PM   #15
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
There is a thread on here saying they have resumed shipping.
Old 07-17-2009, 06:45 PM   #16
Sstac

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
I guess I will be faced with this problem soon too...
Sstac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #17
swaugie

Drives: any chevy i feel like driving
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Yes - this is what you do.........order the car as an automatic and order white. I think the system will accept it now and then you'll have your allocation. Once the constraint is dropped, change the color and tranny. Just do it before it goes past 2300.
it's your car so do what you want with it but that sounds risky to me. i don't see the constraint being dropped so you can change it tuesday. and getting one changed at 3000 usually takes a dealer with more than 2 allocations every six months. good luck and let us know what you do.
swaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #18
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by swaugie View Post
it's your car so do what you want with it but that sounds risky to me. i don't see the constraint being dropped so you can change it tuesday. and getting one changed at 3000 usually takes a dealer with more than 2 allocations every six months. good luck and let us know what you do.
I agree the constraint won't be dropped by Tuesday. This is a supply issue.

Looks like cars on the ground will be shipped soon but production is on hold.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:46 PM   #19
SS Man

Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberline View Post
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32599

I am in the exact same boat. I am not willing to settle for an automatic. I passed because I was unsure how long the wait was before the manual come off of constraint.

So here I set 7+ months and still waiting.

after reading this thread we must be blood brothers. LOL
I guess so. Misery loves company. I talked to my dealer about changing the order like Hylton said and he is hesitant but will think about it. I see his point of view. If we change it, but it jumps to a status so we cannot change it back then me and the 3 guys in line behind me in line at the dealer basically got bumped back one allocation since they would get a white camaro that nobody ordered. He wasn't worried about selling it, just that it wouldn't be right to possibly make the people that have also ordered wait longer also. Wow a dealer with a conscience.

Anyway, I am going to wait for my manual tranny, and guy number 3 in line might get his car a lot earlier than he thought.
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:57 PM   #20
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
A knowledgeable salesman can put the order in now with an automatic and hold it back from being built. When he enters in the order, he should set the priority to "99" whcih will ensure it is the last order to be picked up from the dealership. It is also possible for the dealer to reset the order and/or put a hold on it.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #21
swaugie

but why would he at this point if he has other sold orders that are buildable? if he only has that unit in his preliminary tab set at 99 and somebody else has a buildable camaro in the order bank they will pick up that allocation.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:56 PM   #22
SS Man

Drives: 2SS IOM White Rally Stripes
UPDATE: Great News! I called my dealer today (thursday) since I saw the M6 constraint had been lifted and my dealer was going to try modify the order that got picked up instead of mine to my options and to my surprise the dealer said they got another allocation this week!!!! So my car is going to get picked up with a TPW of August 17th!!!! This was a surprise allocation for my dealer. He had only had 2 other allocations so far, 1 in april and last week.

I am wondering if anyone else in my situation from last week, if your dealer got an additional allocation???? I sure hope so for everyone's sake.

:happy anim:: happyanim::happya nim:
SS Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #23
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS Man View Post
UPDATE: Great News! I called my dealer today (thursday) since I saw the M6 constraint had been lifted and my dealer was going to try modify the order that got picked up instead of mine to my options and to my surprise the dealer said they got another allocation this week!!!! So my car is going to get picked up with a TPW of August 17th!!!! This was a surprise allocation for my dealer. He had only had 2 other allocations so far, 1 in april and last week.

I am wondering if anyone else in my situation from last week, if your dealer got an additional allocation???? I sure hope so for everyone's sake.

:happy anim:: happyanim::happya nim:
Thanks for the update. So the order was accepted with the manual trans?? Cool!
Old 07-29-2009, 09:00 PM   #24
swaugie

glad your order got picked up. sorry your dealer isn't with it for your sake. he really shouldn't get any surprise orders. there is a report in order workbench called final allocation by week that can show you how the orders you earned in consensus will be distributed throughout the month.