Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 04-13-2010, 01:02 AM   #1
stealth camaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to stealth camaro
Out of state plates a problem

I am moving form Las Vegas to Bergen County I am keeping my plates for 1 year "if I don't get harassed too much" I also have my windows tinted all around, Blacked out lights,and LT headers. What are the chances I get tickets even if everything is legal in Las Vegas?? Or will it be ok because I can say im just visiting?????
stealth camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:22 AM   #2
SNV

Drives: 2014 RRM 2ls
They might bust your balls a little but being your only "visiting" you shouldn't get any tickets. The problem will be getting it inspected when you change to NJ plates.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:00 AM   #3
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNV View Post
They might bust your balls a little but being your only "visiting" you shouldn't get any tickets. The problem will be getting it inspected when you change to NJ plates.
Yes they won't give you any tickets since you are not registered in NJ. But be ware - NJ is the most restrictive State on the MAP! If you go to get it inspected by one of the NJ stations it will fail for the Tint, take off the light blackouts if you can. do you have a muff delete? or with your LT headers i imagined you woke the car up a bit. My 92 failed with Flow masters on because it was too loud!!! lol. I visited Vegas a lot growing up < Grand Father and uncle live there and all's i can tell you is everything you know to be legal is illegal in NJ! lol Use the "' i'm visiting" a lot, but be sure to have on your seat belt and do the speed limit.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #4
stealth camaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
Yes they won't give you any tickets since you are not registered in NJ. But be ware - NJ is the most restrictive State on the MAP! If you go to get it inspected by one of the NJ stations it will fail for the Tint, take off the light blackouts if you can. do you have a muff delete? or with your LT headers i imagined you woke the car up a bit. My 92 failed with Flow masters on because it was too loud!!! lol. I visited Vegas a lot growing up < Grand Father and uncle live there and all's i can tell you is everything you know to be legal is illegal in NJ! lol Use the "' i'm visiting" a lot, but be sure to have on your seat belt and do the speed limit.
So I guess I should keep the cutouts closed all the time it can get a little loud LOL I cant wait to get there but I hate to get stoped all the time.
Old 04-13-2010, 01:52 PM   #5
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Wow, so what are all these people with tint going to do in 3 or 4 years when they need to get their car inspected? Take it off?

I think I’m still going to get my windows tinted, but I guess I’ll be ripping it off in 3 years to pass inspection? NJ laws really do suck. Hell, what else should I expect from a state that doesn’t even allow you to pump your own gas.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:22 PM   #6
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
As an aside the law actually states that if you change your permanent residence you have 30 days to convert your identification and vehicle registration or face a violation. I highly doubt theyd lock you up for it, but they can give you a ticket.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
stealth camaro

They wouldnt be able to know if I changed my permanent address I still have my Nevada license.
Old 04-13-2010, 02:52 PM   #8
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrad View Post
Wow, so what are all these people with tint going to do in 3 or 4 years when they need to get their car inspected? Take it off?

I think I’m still going to get my windows tinted, but I guess I’ll be ripping it off in 3 years to pass inspection? NJ laws really do suck. Hell, what else should I expect from a state that doesn’t even allow you to pump your own gas.
You become buddies with somebody that knows the owner of a shop. When your due you take it to said shop with windows down. You pay for the inspection and get your new sticker .
Old 04-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
SirBrad
The Captain

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS SIM
Quote:
You become buddies with somebody that knows the owner of a shop. When your due you take it to said shop with windows down. You pay for the inspection and get your new sticker .
I was thinking of going to the shop with the windows down.

Luckily my inspection runs out in June so it won't be as obvious is I'm pulling up to the shop with my windows down in one of those 24" New Jersey snow storms in February.
SirBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 03:18 PM   #10
stealth camaro

I dont even think they will notice that it's all blacked out lol Name:  IMG_0529.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  148.9 KB
Old 04-13-2010, 03:24 PM   #11
Spaceballone

Quote:
SHHHH!!! your not supposed to post that...lol
But yes if you know of said shop you pay the 65$ to get it inspected to avoid NJ depot's. But yes anyone who goes an tints their windows, if you go to a NJ depot in 3 yrs and still got that tint bam! Fail! lol it does suck.

Damn so basically you are running open heads with those cut outs....i would keep them closed on local roads and open her up on the highway...
Old 04-13-2010, 03:26 PM   #12
Spaceballone

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth camaro View Post
I dont even think they will notice that it's all blacked out lol Attachment 112841
That sir is an NJ troopers dream to catch lol....
Old 04-13-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
SNV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceballone View Post
That sir is an NJ troopers dream to catch lol....
LOL
I'll have to gets some pics of my nephew's jetta. I think he went 5% all around and 15% on the windshield. It is regged in PA. We was staying in NJ. He had he balls busted a little but they told him they can't ticket him becuase tint is legal in PA.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #14
SNV

For those who don't remember. The law was put in place after a NJ trooper was shot. Windows were tinted all around. As he walked up to the window the drive put the window down and shot him. Trooper was killed. Not long after the no tint on front windows was put into law.