Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2012 Camaro5 Fest (III)

Old 08-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #57
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
My Miller Lite stock went through the roof due to the fest. Awesome! Thanks to all who helped with that.

Good times, good people, fast cars..... what could be better that that?
Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 AM   #58
RADREVX

Drives: 2012 SS
loved it. hope to go again next year
RADREVX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #59
Inferno Orange 2SS-RS
US Army Retired

Drives: IOM 2SS-RS - A6 (L99)
I liked it, the ride out with the Mid-Atlantic crew was a blast. The Fest was great, enjoyed the people, cars and vendors. Will do it again next year.

Inferno Orange 2SS-RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:53 AM   #60
MudderFinger

Drives: 2011 IOM SS/RS
I loved it, had a blast.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:45 AM   #61
boltmark
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2 SS/RS IOM Camaro
Best freaking time of my life.

Quick story. This guy come up to me saying he was trying to catch up with me. He handed me a towel and said he found it laying next to my car. He did not want to just pick it up and put it in my chair becuase he was afraid it might have some small debis in it and didnt' want me to just come back pick it off the chair and use it to only scratch the car. You don't find that at many or any other car shows.
boltmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #62
Zeus95

Drives: IOM 2010 - 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSSian View Post
I loved it as well. Loved the location, weather, people, cars, booze. Was a GREAT time!!!!!
+1

Wish we could have auto X a little more !!
2010 2SS/RS IOM Upgrades: Fastlane CAI / SLP II Loudmouth axle back / V Max Ported TB / Kook's Step Long Tube Headers / High flow cats / Straightline Tune / BMR front & rear sway bars / Hotchkin End Links / Hurst Short Throw. LG ZR28 Wheels 1 of 2 sets made. Pfadt trailing arms / Diff Bushings & Sub Frame bushings / 1LE Axle & Hubs.
Zeus95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:25 PM   #63
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Fest

I enjoyed it. It's sad I consumed more drinks in Indiana then in Vegas I think I enjoyed it more this year because I actually got to drive my camaro there instead of flying out like last year. I enjoyed hanging out with the C5G crew. I'm happy that loose puma cat didn't eat me the first night MY only cons this year were getting a flat tire Wednesday night and having to drive 8 hours by myself to Indy on Thursday instead of joining a group. I definately missed Boundrant RACING. I wanted to go on another hot lap:(
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #64
KILLER74Z28
MOD SQUAD

Drives: 2G1FT1EW9A9100666
Quote:
Originally Posted by its a syn View Post
My 1st Fest, where do I begin. This was by far and above the best and most understaffed event I had ever attended! Not once did I see or even hear of a Police presence to break up an argument. Thought everyone was on good behavior considering speed and alcohol was involved. That combo get get out of hand in a heartbeat on any givin Saturday nite. Okay I did hear of a couple of speeding tickets, but you'll have that as every Mustang and Challenger wanted a race at every corner it seemed. The staff needs to be given gold medals on all the planning that goes into something this big. The vendors were great too, can't beleive more don't show up. I know they lighten my wallet load. Lucas Oil Raceway did an outstanding job with the track considering the weather-heat&rain. My compaints are that we didn't know which gate to go in and missed the goodie bag the first day. Totally a failure on my part. Would have liked to see a placard to put in the vehicles instead of the neck lanyard nobody was wearing them.Also no flashers during the cruise that was a disaster waiting to happen as it disenables our brake light except for the 3rd one. All in all most of this is minor and I can't wait for the next one!! Almost and I say almost hope there isn't a 6th Gen Camaro because then what will happen to Camaro5fest? Sorry for the long read.
Don't worry, CAMARO5 is not going anywhere. You'll be able to get all your 6th Gen news right here.

Who cares about the Blue Oval crowd and their little Ponys? We're getting our Camaro back-and it'll be Supercharged!-MDAII
Team LS3
KILLER74Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:03 PM   #65
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
My wife and I had a great time! The best times for us were hanging out with our friends, meeting new friends, and just the people there in general. Friday night in the host hotel parking lot was a blast!
I hope we can make the next one.
Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #66
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
Our first fest and loved every minute. Saw an unbelievable number of incredible cars, had some mods done to our car, got to meet Becky in person and found out our plate stinks, got to get a vanity plate asap!!!!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #67
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Loved it.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:48 PM   #68
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
This is the second fest that I was able to attend and I had a wonderful time at both events.
Highlights of CF3:

Meeting the Texas Group at the National Corvette Museum.
Trying to stay with Sir Nuke and company at 125 MPH.
Partying in hotel parking lot.
Thanks to Rodgers Chevrolet for giving all of us a great pizza party.
Great deals by the attending vendors.
Getting my LED lights installed.
Being selected for an award by Team Camaro and parking in the Chevy area.
Auto crossing our car on a great course.
Meeting lots of great Camaro friends.
Driving 2800 miles in our ZL1!

A very big thank you to all of the mods and staff for making it a great event.
Old 08-13-2012, 11:32 PM   #69
Atti2de
Móderator

Drives: 2SS/RS
It was a blast and people who want to nit pick prices, vendors, organization or anything need to just stay home. Like stated before people donated time, money and energy to make this event what it was. AWESOME! Been to two fests and like different things about both. I did not come to race or track my car, I came for the friendships. Old and new, and maybe to one up the last Texas Parking Lot Bar. Which I think we did. 98% of the liquor was donated by camaro5 members. Don't think they or us knew what we were getting into this year with the bar, and next year scares me.... the simple fact is we asked for donations from people we never met and it poured in (and out) pardon the pun. Camaro people rock.

I donated my time stuffing the goodie bags, my wife, little mike and billie helped sell your camaro5 gear your wearing. you should have seen the mods (EVEN TAG) and others working their asses off to make things run smoothly. no one complained (except for us stuffing bags) to make this event what is was. Yes again, AWESOME!

Basically, never under estimate the power of camaro owners in a group!
Old 08-13-2012, 11:58 PM   #70
CruznSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Camaro ABM - Silver Ralleys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atti2de View Post
It was a blast and people who want to nit pick prices, vendors, organization or anything need to just stay home. Like stated before people donated time, money and energy to make this event what it was. AWESOME! Been to two fests and like different things about both. I did not come to race or track my car, I came for the friendships. Old and new, and maybe to one up the last Texas Parking Lot Bar. Which I think we did. 98% of the liquor was donated by camaro5 members. Don't think they or us knew what we were getting into this year with the bar, and next year scares me.... the simple fact is we asked for donations from people we never met and it poured in (and out) pardon the pun. Camaro people rock.

I donated my time stuffing the goodie bags, my wife, little mike and billie helped sell your camaro5 gear your wearing. you should have seen the mods (EVEN TAG) and others working their asses off to make things run smoothly. no one complained (except for us stuffing bags) to make this event what is was. Yes again, AWESOME!

Basically, never under estimate the power of camaro owners in a group!
The bar rocked the parking lot! Thanks to all that set up and worked the bar... As for the fest - it was originally, a south Georgia get together that grew to C5fest. The people and owners make this site and the fest is a way to get together and share our love of CAMARO. No complaints. Had a blast and can't wait for next one.....

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2