Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #323
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfighter View Post
"Should of got a mustang"
"Oh Look a Camaro DONT PUT a Scratch On it"
"Should of gotten a faster car"
"Should of gotten a Porsche that's a real mans car"
Porsche - a "real mans car" - that's a first
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #324
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
"If your wife made you choose between her and the car what would you do?" I'd sell the damn car. Duh!
Old 12-03-2013, 01:59 AM   #325
IkoIko
IkoIko

Drives: '12 2SS 6MT Victory Red
Send a message via AIM to IkoIko
"Oh...well it is just a CAMAROOO!" This from my neighbor who lives down the block from me and chose to park her 45th anniversary edition in front of my house to show off and then ran outside as I was pulling into my garage. As it turns out, she "won" her car in a divorce.

I am sure her ex damn near chewed off his right leg to get away from the man trap. But the 45th is cool (too bad her ex didn't get to keep it though). LOL
IkoIko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:53 AM   #326
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
Got one went to pick up my wheels from paint had a guy say really nice wheels what are they going on. I told him my camaro and he proceeded to say, a new one those things are ugly as hell and heavy that's why I got a mustang gt it has a 5.0 in I've smoked a few new camaros. I just kind of laugh do really care keep to myself after going in side for the last wheel he says if you ever want to get beat drive that piece up here. I couldn't help it I just said ok let's go see this hotrod I wanna take a look at it he said I didn't drive it today I drove my civic I started laughing said I hopefully will see you next spring it's tore apart for winter build, he said what are you scared I told him yep I heard people that drive mustangs and Hondas walk around with their junk tucked in between their legs all day and since you drive both wooooo that's got me a bit nervous. He had a pissed look on his face and walked away.
Trob85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:18 AM   #327
Grasser54

Drives: 2010 aqua blue camaro LT RS
"but its an automatic..."
"its only a V6"
"Camaros aren't muscle cars anymore"<----- -__-
"mustangs have always looked cooler"
"Nice CHARGER"
"Im going to serene wrap your car" actually did it... almost knocked him out.

I have literally wanted to kill people I hear this stuff on a daily basis!!!
Grasser54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #328
taf21979

Drives: 2013 2ss vert
I'm lucky I live in a city that is mostly american cars and trucks so people don't hate on a nice camaro around here all I get is nice car and how much was it. Before the camaro I had a BMW m3 vert and had nasty comments a few times about it not being american and had to park in the way back at work because it being German.
taf21979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:19 AM   #329
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaGuy View Post
That sucks. In my town most with a pony car wave no matter brand or year.
Same here.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #330
13lstuner

Drives: 2013 2LS BLK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbump View Post
I drove my ZL1 to dinner with my girlfriend on homecoming and this is what happens... i pull up to this this place called Garlic (kinda a higher class place), i instantly draw a crowd, the manager comes out and tells them to valet park my car in the VIP section for free, then this little kid comes up to me freaking out that i have a ZL1 then he asks if its a manual and i tell him no then he frowns and asks if in a homo, i calmly respond "I love my car and its a lot better than the car you don't have, and if it came down to a race between my car and your scooter id take my car so please don't patronize me and let me enjoy my night in peace." I dont understand why kids are getting more and more disrespectful to other people even when they don't know them (and yes i'm only 18 so its ironic me complaining about kids)

18 in a zl1? I have a hard time paying my payment on my 2ls and I'm 19-.-
Want to help a fellow teenager out???
Old 12-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #331
Cameroman

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2ls
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbump View Post
I drove my ZL1 to dinner with my girlfriend on homecoming and this is what happens... i pull up to this this place called Garlic (kinda a higher class place), i instantly draw a crowd, the manager comes out and tells them to valet park my car in the VIP section for free, then this little kid comes up to me freaking out that i have a ZL1 then he asks if its a manual and i tell him no then he frowns and asks if in a homo, i calmly respond "I love my car and its a lot better than the car you don't have, and if it came down to a race between my car and your scooter id take my car so please don't patronize me and let me enjoy my night in peace." I dont understand why kids are getting more and more disrespectful to other people even when they don't know them (and yes i'm only 18 so its ironic me complaining about kids)
18 with a ZL1 :-0! can i have a peice of your family fortune. But seriously congrats on the success!
Cameroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:41 PM   #332
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casperadub70 View Post
I mainly get......... your tail lights are ugly.......... mostly from you guys. Everyone else thinks its beautiful.
Casperadub your rear end is beautiful,

and you got nice headlights LOL
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro
Chain Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #333
Chain Blue Lightning
Chain Blue Lightning

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro SS
A bit of a prelude - My dad did Chevys when I was 14, Fords when middle bro was 14 (12 years difference) Mopar when youngest Brother was 14 (10 years more). So when i recently got Chained Blue Lighting the comments were
Middle Brother "Your never going to beat a Stang if you weigh 5500 lbs"
Reply "I already dusted two on the way back home, A 302 model, and a 2011 GT 500"
Youngest Brother "you hung up on those old model caaamaaarooo's that can't *drag* race"
Reply "Lets do St Louis to Denver and back this weekend. I'll pick you up on the way back and take you to the parts store".

The Gt 500 at a stop light. Female passenger rolls down window and waves. I wave back. College boy driver revs car (can tell by body roll). I ignore him. Passenger leans out and knocks on window, I roll window down. College boy revs car again (see the little body roll again) I look over and smile. She leans back into car. Driver revs and light changes. I rev and smoke him all the way to the next light. I look over he pulls up and she said "what do you have in it" A V8 was my reply. He followed me to the mall and we talked for 90 minutes about cars. Nothing but respect for the Camaros.
1978 RS Camaro
1983 VH Commodore
1996 VS Commodore
2005 WL Statesman
2010 SS Camaro
Chain Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:58 PM   #334
SMN2011Z28
Always a work in progress

Drives: 2014 RRM SS RS 1LE
This morning after dropping my 14 1Le at the dealer, I'm sitting at Enterprise rent a car (dealer paid) and one of the guy is making conversation and asks me what I 'm having worked on. I tell him a Camaro that I bought on black Friday and he very excitedly says "ohhh..is it the one with a HEMI?" He was dead serious!
SMN2011Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #335
Elvs2011

Drives: 2011 camaro ss/rs
Mine is the L99 I mostly hear it's a girls car gets to me some times.
Elvs2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #336
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
A guy at the drive-through asked if mine was a ZL1...(go ahead, laugh)...then proceeded to tell me that the ZL1 has 800 hp stock
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote