Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-02-2011, 09:55 PM   #29
DietCoke
Slow Turtle

Drives: 2011 1SS
Send a message via AIM to DietCoke
Go steal a ds off of a rental car, and see if it fixes your problem LOL
DietCoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 09:58 PM   #30
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DietCoke View Post
Go steal a ds off of a rental car, and see if it fixes your problem LOL

I'd totaly get away with it too.

But, I need to figure out the cause if there is one.

Also, I wonder if it would be cheaper or easier to buy a whole new drive shaft rather than fool with this one. It's gonna cost me about 450.00 all together.

Bearing, U Joint, and shop to remove and repress the bearing, then put it all back together. I'd just do it myself if it didn't require a pressed bearing.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #31
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Not any more got a DSS one piece.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:03 PM   #32
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Also, I wonder if it would be cheaper or easier to buy a whole new drive shaft rather than fool with this one. It's gonna cost me about 450.00 all together.

Bearing, U Joint, and shop to remove and repress the bearing, then put it all back together. I'd just do it myself if it didn't require a pressed bearing.
The cause is, the stock DS is junk IMHO.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:10 PM   #33
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
Quote:

do you have m6 or auto, can,t remember...but a ton of us ran our cars hard on stock and had no problem,,,orange sc{ gary} road races the snot out of his at speeds well over 130mph , and runs it hard...still stock ds...mine had no problem till i went 9...my bud g200 is slamming his 600rwhp auto @ track with 100 passes....stock ds...there is someone selling a used stock ds in the member section....i would give you mine cheap if you need it ...m6...
Old 09-02-2011, 10:11 PM   #34
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Auto
Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 PM   #35
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuryman View Post
The cause is, the stock DS is junk IMHO.

sorry , i have to disagree, considering the mods i have seen that people are pushing this stock ds thru ..it has held up rather well , when you compare to the rest of driveline...much other weaker parts...axles/rear-1 wheel spin/rear itself/output shaft of tranny/i have seen less then a handful of oem ds break under some extreme mods...i have seen just as many aftermarket high performance ds fail...difference is the oem ds outnumbers the high perf ds by 2000-1...... this is my opinion ......opinions are like a##holes , we all have one..lol
Old 09-02-2011, 10:18 PM   #36
PQ
Booooosted.

Yup mine is an auto. I'm not really concerned about the two piece or one piece thing. Just might be easier to snatch one out and slap another one in rather than have this bearing done.
Old 09-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #37
mikepage0007

Quote:
Yup mine is an auto. I'm not really concerned about the two piece or one piece thing. Just might be easier to snatch one out and slap another one in rather than have this bearing done.
i def agree there, and the fact ..there are a bunch of ds out there from people who swapped there,s or ones that went 9in...hell, where is speedster,s send jamie{superchargedss} jenetty prob has 5 oem laying aroiund...if you spend 2 hrs looking you will find someone who is not worried about a buck and give it to you for the cost of shipping..i would of gave you mine...so for 25 shipping , some ofd us it,s not a big deal...no disrespect to others trying to get a couple bucks, but some are a little better off then others..so to help out a fellow member who got square wheels , i think we should start the randy foundation...
Old 09-02-2011, 10:24 PM   #38
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
A little cheaper, but I can't see an illustration to see if the bearing comes with it.
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #39
mikepage0007

theres 1 new one on ebay 229 free shipping...a used one - make offer...i would offer 125 with shipping...but you need to check your part number...i can call tommy hendrix, he may have a old 1 laying around..
Old 09-02-2011, 10:45 PM   #40
Redemption
Just Because!

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SSRS
Sounds like an excuse to buy a new tool! DIY

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-...ess-33497.html

But, does sound like a bad carrier bearing. Could just be the magical PQ "luck" and you got a bad one and its finally done.

J
Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #41
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
i def agree there, and the fact ..there are a bunch of ds out there from people who swapped there,s or ones that went 9in...hell, where is speedster,s send jamie{superchargedss} jenetty prob has 5 oem laying aroiund...if you spend 2 hrs looking you will find someone who is not worried about a buck and give it to you for the cost of shipping..i would of gave you mine...so for 25 shipping , some ofd us it,s not a big deal...no disrespect to others trying to get a couple bucks, but some are a little better off then others..so to help out a fellow member who got square wheels , i think we should start the randy foundation...

I've given a ton of stock parts to members on here at no charge. Drop springs, stock shifter, door panels, intake manifold, and a number of other things.

Heck, I gave GTAHVIT my exhaust and cats. ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
A little cheaper, but I can't see an illustration to see if the bearing comes with it.
Good Point. I gotta make sure it comes with the part that I realy need. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redemption View Post
Sounds like an excuse to buy a new tool! DIY

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton-...ess-33497.html

But, does sound like a bad carrier bearing. Could just be the magical PQ "luck" and you got a bad one and its finally done.

J
Jeez I hope its done.

But I'm not sure it's a simple press like that. The shop even said that they'd have to send it off to be done. To a clutch and drivetrain shop.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #42
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
theres 1 new one on ebay 229 free shipping...a used one - make offer...i would offer 125 with shipping...but you need to check your part number...i can call tommy hendrix, he may have a old 1 laying around..
How can I be sure it has the carrier bearing in it?