Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-01-2011, 06:43 AM   #281
2010_BumbleBee
2010 Camaro SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
WELL..... I hate to bring bad news, BUT I have the same problem. I thought it was strut mount and I am still thinking this after reading here... I will be taking to dealer this week. I know the guys there pretty well and we'll get to the bottom of this! I HATE this sound!
2010_BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #282
jtcamaro

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro SS2 RS
Heard back from GM 3 times since my last post but basically getting nowhere. They are supposed to take my car for a few days when the field engineer arrives. Apparantly there must very limited field engineers or there are are a lot of issues with GM. I will keep you posted but PLEASE KEEP CALLING GM.
jtcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #283
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS Rally Yellow
Of course I took mine in and had told them the noise it's makeing and they told me they didn't hear anything and test drove it a few times.
Old 02-16-2011, 08:14 AM   #284
Skyblu

Drives: 2010 Aqua blue 2SS/RS M6
Iv'e had mine in four times to three different dealers since I got it last July and they all acknowledge a noise, but they say it is within specs and they all do it no fix for now. I live on a dirt road so I get to hear it at least twice a day and it really bothers me. Of course they try to say it's my road but it has done it since day one and it will do it on rough road surfaces as well so it's not just my road.
Skyblu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 08:40 AM   #285
jtcamaro

Guys - GM finally asked me to bring my car to the local dealer on Monday where the Northeast Manager will meet me and take a test drive. They are going to keep the car while they try and troubleshoot and fix the issue. The lady I have been dealing with at the executive center in Detroit said they are hoping to pinpoint the issue and come out with an "official" fix for this problem. I will let you know what happens. Hopefully GM will finally come through and make us happy Camaro Owners once again. I am happy to be the ginny pig and have to drive a cobalt for a few days
Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #286
Jayhawk500

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
Guys - GM finally asked me to bring my car to the local dealer on Monday where the Northeast Manager will meet me and take a test drive. They are going to keep the car while they try and troubleshoot and fix the issue. The lady I have been dealing with at the executive center in Detroit said they are hoping to pinpoint the issue and come out with an "official" fix for this problem. I will let you know what happens. Hopefully GM will finally come through and make us happy Camaro Owners once again. I am happy to be the ginny pig and have to drive a cobalt for a few days
Make sure your with them on the test drive and point out the noise.

2010 2SS/RS, Six speed, Rally Yellow w/ Black Painted Stripes, Boston Acoustic Stereo, Polished 20" wheels, Solo Mach X Catback Exhaust, Solo HF Cats, Halltech CAI, Full Dash & Door ABL, ABL Lit Homelink Buttons, HUD Installed, Ride Tunes, Full Electric Passenger Seat, Fbodfather signed, VIN # 4492, PAID OFF!!!
2010 Yellow 2SS/RS with black painted Stripes...$37,000.00; Ride Tones sound system and remote...$ 40.00; Seeing the kids faces (Young and Old) light up and almost wet their pants....Priceless!!!
Jayhawk500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:46 PM   #287
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtcamaro View Post
Thanks, Your doing a awesome job!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:46 PM   #288
jtcamaro

I just picked up my car from the dealer. Basically the regional manager and the service manager said they did not hear anything that wasn't "normal". This was at 4:30pm after having it there all day!! I insisted on test driving the car with them so I drove straight to the dealer in my loaner Chevy Cobalt and took a 20 minute test drive with them. Sure enough the "clunking" sound that I hear every day happened several times with them in the car but they insisted that the sound was normal. The regional manager then said he didn't have the best hearing (if you can believe that).
So to summarize where I think I (we) all stand on this; We, GM's customers, are trying to convince GM that these front end sounds are not acceptable to us but they do not seem to give a damn. It seems that they have no intention of fixing our Camaro's. For GM to create a service bulletin about this and by the amount of traction this forum received leads me to believe GM is receiving a lot of complaints and that mine is not the only one having this issue (which they are trying to convince me is the case)
So at this point, I think we need to escalate this on our own. I am open to suggestions but I think we need to start a "petition" or even a "class action lawsuit" that will show GM how many Camaro owners are having this issue. The last thing I would think GM wants at this point is bad press after their bankruptcy and the new convertible Camaro and Z28 coming out. I am going to put up a website with a form to collect owner information and complaints that we can use as a starting point. Let’s see where this takes us. Please make sure you all have a service request opened documenting your complaint with GM so we can include the SR number as well.
If you think I am going about this the wrong way I am open to other suggestions but it is very clear to me now that GM has no intent on fixing this issue unless we force them to!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:05 PM   #289
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Hi just found this thread and wanted to provide a possible solution. I had the same sound on a previous car - tried everything to fix it. Replaced struts, strut bushings, tie rod ends, realigned, etc. Nothing fixed the problem, so I thought I would have to live with it. Long story short, friend mentioned that it might be the sway bar. Turned out if the sway bar bushings are not properly lubricated, it makes a popping noise when the bar is stressed such as going over bumps or pot holes. Greased the strut bar bushings - got rid of the noise. Had to remove the bushing clamp, slide the busing over, then greased the sway bar with a high quality silicone then slide the bushing back over the greased section.

Not sure if this will fix the problem with the Camaro, but it's a cheap fix to try. Wishing all the Camaro owners with this problem that it is fixed soon and completely.

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #290
jtcamaro

Thanks for the information. When I was at the dealer, they checked the sway bar as well and said it was OK. I don't believe they lubricated it so I will need to check that.

Once again, thanks for the info.
Jeff
Old 02-22-2011, 08:09 PM   #291
68/2010
Emerald Coast Camaros

Thanks Jeff, We just got to keep fighting.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 PM   #292
jtcamaro

No problem. I will continue on until this is resolved. I will not accept GM's response. They should not treat the customers who bailed them out like this! Stay tuned.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #293
jtcamaro

All - please take the time to fill out the SafeCar.gov online complaint form. This is very important and will allow the government to investigate the issue.

https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/online.cfm

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT)
Old 02-23-2011, 02:35 PM   #294
pnyklr

Drives: A Gift From My Wife
Any of you guys going to Camaro Fest this year?

-Funk
pnyklr is offline   Reply With Quote