Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #15
SSTG

Drives: 2014 Z51 Corvette
I have the Recaros in mine and they are worth having with out a doubt. Infact they were a must for me.
As for pricing, my 1LE had a sticker of over $47,000. Getting it for $40,000 wasn't going to happen. We really need to know ALL the options this one has to help you on pricing.
They come wildly optioned across the board.
SSTG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:33 PM   #16
SSeric

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
lol guess I really did come to the wrong place to be talked out of it!

@SSTG - Good call about the options. This one is a 2SS with the 1LE pkg ($3500), RS ($1350), and nav ($795). Total vehicle & options on the sticker is $42,500.

I'm really impressed w/ the 2014's handling. She definitely wants to carve the canyons. On the flip side, I really (*really*) liked the idea of those Recaros. I guess I can see what kind of offer they'll make and go from there but so far this car has definitely got my attention. I'm scouring through eBay right now to try to iron out some standard of pricing.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
SSeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #17
SSeric

If I were to pass on this particular car and decided to order one to my exact specs, what kind of lead time is to be expected? I'm not familiar with the new car process. Does the 1LE or Recaro package result in any longer of a delay for the process?

Oh dang, I just remembered that there's a randomly generated $1k credit that you can get from GM's website randomly too. Crap. They're making it too tempting!
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS | RotoFab CAI | ARH 1 7/8" LT Headers w/ HFC | SW Retro Exhaust | ZL1 Shifter | Ridetech Coilovers | FE4 conversion | UMI toe rods & trailing arms | Prothane Subframe & UCA bushings | Detroit Speed sways | Forgestar F14 wheels | ZR1 Blue Calipers | Tuned by ADM Performance

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 03:51 PM   #18
Mwalterhouse

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS LS3
If I were in your position I would have already signed the deal.
Mwalterhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #19
96SS10SS
hates winter

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS LS3
This is from a guy who hasn't driven or even seen a 1LE on the road.

But from what I have seen and read on here, for an add-on of $3500, the 1LE package is an awesome deal. I also think the 1LE appearance looks much meaner than a non-1LE.

Does it feel better than your 2010 with coilovers (and other mods)?

I know it's ridiculously expensive to buy/install all of the 1LE upgrades (tranny and wheels seem to be most expensive from what I recall), making it cheaper to buy the 1LE if you really want EVERYTHING, but couldn't you surpass the 1LE performance with mods if you are patient?

I wish my dealer would tempt me the same way so I could find out myself.

Good Luck!
2010 2SS/RS LS3 built October 30, 2009; 416ci/6.8L forged LS3 with 495 RWHP@6k/470 TQ@4.4k; Lunati 235/243 .626"/.634" 114LSA +3; Monster LT-1S twin disc, SLP retro badges, MGW shifter/knob, Hotchkis TVS Stage 1, Pedders Street Z bushings, 3.91 Gear swap, red calipers, Z28 CAI, ZL1 side skirts/rock guards, Kooks 1 7/8" headers, SLP front splitter.
96SS10SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #20
Green Machine
Always Workin

Drives: 2021 Mazda MX-5
I love my black 1LE! I said I'd never buy black but I seen this and put money down before seeing it in person.

One of those things I'll buy one sometime soon so might as well look around. Always a bad idea, although I did the same with my house but was lookin online for about a year until I went with financing and seriously started looking.

Sent from the road.

2018 1SS 1LE, HyperBlue Metallic (Sold)
2014 1SS 1LE, Black, Twin Turbo (Sold)
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:21 PM   #21
SSTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeric View Post
If I were to pass on this particular car and decided to order one to my exact specs, what kind of lead time is to be expected? I'm not familiar with the new car process. Does the 1LE or Recaro package result in any longer of a delay for the process?

Oh dang, I just remembered that there's a randomly generated $1k credit that you can get from GM's website randomly too. Crap. They're making it too tempting!
You can't "order" a 1LE until mid Feb.
I would recommend atleast doing this. Find one with Recaros and drive it.
If you can live without the feel and looks you'll save yourself a couple grand.

But, I look at it this way, the Recaros will be a big plus for resale on these in the future.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:24 PM   #22
K1SSRSS
Chief Many Camaros

Drives: A paid off Camaro!!!
Hmm, well first off its a 2014 not a 2010. I really dislike the styling differences, ugly taillights squished frontend ect.

Second think about how much you can put into the SS that you would save not buying the 1LE, could build a lot more car for the extra money you would spend.

Yea, the black vinyl and wheels look nice, but for about 2grand you could do that if you wanted to.

If you already have an SS, I see no benefit to trading it in on a 1LE. If I were buying a new camaro straight out, then possibly the 1LE would be a good idea. Remember, its not a model, its just a package and its not limited. If you really want to trade up you might as well take the jump to a ZL1.

504hp/478tq
Performance: Kooks LT, 3'' Exhaust, V-Max TB, Roto-Fab CAI, Custom Ported/Port Matched Heads and Intake
Suspension: BMR Adjustable LCA's, BMR Trailing Arms, Poly Bushings, BMR Toe Rods
Coming Soon (still in the box): Procharger F1R, G-Force Axles, 3:91 gears w/Eaton Truetrac
K1SSRSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 04:25 PM   #23
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Just remember 6th gen will probably be available in a little over a year. I'm waiting for that. I'd say just keep what you have, not worth losing your ass on trade in.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #24
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
I traded my Modded SS for a 1LE and happy with the upgrade. I worked over the dealer. I did not steal the 1LE, but I did get a fair deal with my persistance. 1LEs are slower at the drag strip, but more fun to drive, and kill on a road course.

Remember though, the 1LE ride is a bit rougher.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:32 PM   #25
SSeric

96SS10SS - Does it feel better than my 2010 with coilovers? Tough to explain. They both handle great, but approach their handling characteristics in a different way. The coilovers give me the flexibility to really dial it in, but the 1LE really exposes the limitations of the other components (toelinks, control arms, etc etc) in their older design. The improvements are really noticable. With the 1LE, it's more of a point and shoot...by that I mean it gives you a better driver confidence...going where you want it to and asks for more. In comparison, my 2010, while still capable, takes more effort/finesse to control. Could I surpass the 1LE? Sure...the aftermarket has a ton of options...just takes time and (a lot more) money. But it'll still have the weaknesses that have been addressed in the last two generations of suspension designs since 2010. Gotta hand it to GM, they really made a solid case of shying away from the aftermarket here. This car's got muscle and control...all with a factory warranty.

Green Machine - I always said the same thing...black was not gonna be ok. But seeing this one in person...the only word that comes to mind: Sinister.

SSeric's Build Thread
Old 01-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #26
SSTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeric View Post
96SS10SS - Does it feel better than my 2010 with coilovers? Tough to explain. They both handle great, but approach their handling characteristics in a different way. The coilovers give me the flexibility to really dial it in, but the 1LE really exposes the limitations of the other components (toelinks, control arms, etc etc) in their older design. The improvements are really noticable. With the 1LE, it's more of a point and shoot...by that I mean it gives you a better driver confidence...going where you want it to and asks for more. In comparison, my 2010, while still capable, takes more effort/finesse to control. Could I surpass the 1LE? Sure...the aftermarket has a ton of options...just takes time and (a lot more) money. But it'll still have the weaknesses that have been addressed in the last two generations of suspension designs since 2010. Gotta hand it to GM, they really made a solid case of shying away from the aftermarket here. This car's got muscle and control...all with a factory warranty.

Green Machine - I always said the same thing...black was not gonna be ok. But seeing this one in person...the only word that comes to mind: Sinister.

Agreed.

Sure you can mod your current car to death. But we all know you won't get anything back on it, so why not buy new?
The older 10-13's are dated, I'm not trying to down anyone's car as I love them all. But why else would GM do a "refresh''.

And encase you needed a little more persuasion.

A pic of mine.

Old 01-24-2014, 05:18 PM   #27
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
The big question is the trade in value they will give on your 2010?
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 05:27 PM   #28
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsoul View Post
The big question is the trade in value they will give on your 2010?
THIS. If you are okay with losing 10 - 15k on the deal then go for it. Are you going to want to trade again next year to a 6th gen?