Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-18-2016, 10:56 PM   #141
shags

Drives: 2016 SS Garnet Red A8
I think it's possible as well. Would need to go on a diet to achieve maybe.. maybe not

shags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 10:58 PM   #142
shags

Haha damn you caught me

Old 04-18-2016, 11:06 PM   #143
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shags View Post
I think it's possible as well. Would need to go on a diet to achieve maybe.. maybe not
Yes I agree! The P/W ratio needs to be improved. I have been taking off weight here and there on the car. With just a 1/2 tank of gas, the curb weight is 3592lbs, which will help in launching. My goal is to get her curb weight down to 3500lbs with an 8pt cage
Old 04-18-2016, 11:09 PM   #144
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
These cars are actually a lot lighter than what theu claim. When Byron only had the CAI intake and the MRT v1 he weighed in at exactly 3,600 lbs on empty. With his catless downpipes that'd put him below 3,600. If I removed my seats on top of that it should put me close to 3,550. That's damn near Mustang V6 weight but with more power.
Listed curb weight includes a full tank of gas and a gallon of water weighs approximately 8lbs so using the weight of water for a quick calculation; 19.5 gallons * 8lbs = 156lbs. A stock v6 camaro has a curb weight around 3769lbs.

Last edited by djcolopi; 04-18-2016 at 11:39 PM.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:20 PM   #145
Shawno72

Drives: 2015 Black 2LT RS M6
A gallon of water is 8lbs and has is roughly 2 pounds lighter so 6lbs
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Shawno72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:25 PM   #146
Shawno72

That's what I said yo. Gas and oil are considerably lighter than water
Overkill tune/E85/80mm•CAI cold air intake w/my custom maf tube•Apex air scoop•JacFab ported intake/Extendolater•Vitesse•EE EX2 catch can•Innovate wideband•ARH HFC's•NPP exhaust•11386 xpipe•Brembos/cross drilled/slotted rotors•SS M/C•Pfadt 1.25 springs•1LE struts/sways/strut tower brace•BMR diff bush, trail arms/bush, adj toe links•My custom Tunnel brace•Hurst short throw shifter•JDP stage 1 clutch res•1LE steering wheel, shift boot•ZL1 rear diffuser/splash guards•GM splitter•Z/28 grille/flowtie/spoiler/wheels•GM performance pedals•"Chevrolet" door sills•10" Kicker sub•BigWorm overlays
Old 04-18-2016, 11:28 PM   #147
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawno72 View Post
That's what I said yo. Gas and oil are considerably lighter than water
Technically you said 2.2lbs which would put it around 5.8lbs. However, the calculation works because you can then look at the combined weight of the fluids in your vehicle.

And its like using the acceleration of gravity in everyday language and simple calculations 10m/s^2; however, it is technically 9.814m/s^2.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:32 PM   #148
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
Technically you said 2.2lbs which would put it around 5.8lbs. However, the calculation works because you can then look at the combined weight of the fluids in your vehicle.

And its like using the acceleration of gravity in everyday language and simple calculations 10m/s^2; however, it is technically 9.814m/s^2.
No technically I said 2 pounds lighter. I was just able to correct my statement before one of you guys quoted me. I've been around gasoline and cars many years. I didn't have to google it or use some Mumbo jumbo to look Internet cool. Jk bro. Don't quote me on that
Old 04-18-2016, 11:34 PM   #149
Shawno72

Keep it simple guys. Y'all getting technical which does little to the punk kid in the car next you. All he thinks is "man that car is fast". That's when it's real fun
Old 04-18-2016, 11:52 PM   #150
Shawno72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay Collins View Post
Why I gotta be a punk?
Haha you no kid. Oh wait your not napping either lol. Ok is twirp better?
Old 04-19-2016, 03:01 AM   #151
derek1387

Drives: 2015 1LS Red V6
Well, Aero exhaust coupler will be here Thursday according to tracking. They told me it shipped last thursday and would be here Monday...according to tracking it didnt get dropped off till yesterday. :-/

So....thats what im waiting on now.
JacFab Machining
APDEG
Dream Gear Mobile Audio

Thanks to Will @ Overkill Motorsports, Jason @ JacFab, Jim @ Ohio Speed, Brandon at Dream Gear, and the boys at Randy Curnow Chevrolet

5th Gen V6 Performance Facebook Group
derek1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 05:52 AM   #152
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Okay Ill give credit where it is due, he pioneered rear mounted turbos on the LFX platform.
He didn't run a rear mount setup. Here's his build thread in case anyone wants to read up on it. Still pretty impressive.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258249
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:05 AM   #153
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
With my setup I would not be surprised to see a low 10 second pass the end of this summer. With everything else I plan on doing 9 seconds should be a breeze next year. I already laid the foundation to break 11 seconds. I am just waiting to get the last kink worked out and then purchase the rest of my suspension from BMR.
You are very ambitious. I'd love to see it don't get me wrong but 9's a breeze? That's crazy. Better get those runs on video for sure.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #154
shags

No wonder I'm only 210 gasoline running through my veins makes me lighter than water