Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-02-2008, 04:04 PM   #1
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Funnies: Gas Prices.

You may have seen these before. I thought they were pretty funny.

"We're registered at... " hilarious.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 06:07 PM   #2
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Funny but you still have it easier then us with our lovely 8 bucks a gallon.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:30 PM   #3
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
Funny but you still have it easier then us with our lovely 8 bucks a gallon.
WTF

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:18 AM   #4
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
Yeah I'm not lying, adjuste back into dollars instead of Swedish Crownes and into gallons instead of liters we pay 8 bucks a gallon over here.
Old 05-03-2008, 07:19 AM   #5
Eisenhower
I drank what?

Drives: DANGEROUSLY
Quote:
Yeah I'm not lying, adjuste back into dollars instead of Swedish Crownes and into gallons instead of liters we pay 8 bucks a gallon over here.
Yeah, I mentioned $8 p/gal. in another thread- oh but don't worry, that crap's coming our way soon enough. You know, I still see folks with the H2 Hummer's rollin' around with their air on... must be nice
Attached Images

Eisenhower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 12:13 PM   #6
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
I was listening to Clark Howard yesterday. He sited a study that showed people who earn 50K/yr spend on average 4 cents of every dollar on gas at the current prices. And it makes very little impact in their driving habits. People that make more than 50K are upset by the prices but won't change their driving habits until gas prices soar beyond what they currently are. The bad news is for the lower to working class, They spend as much as 10 cents per dollar on fuel. They're the ones who have to make it somewhere else. What I thought was interesting was they still drive the same amount. The just don't spend in other areas. The study said that the discount stores like Big Lots, and the dollar stores are really the ones feeling the gas prices because their customers are the lower income families.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisenhower View Post
Yeah, I mentioned $8 p/gal. in another thread- oh but don't worry, that crap's coming our way soon enough. You know, I still see folks with the H2 Hummer's rollin' around with their air on... must be nice
Well I'm not terribly worried. There's a pretty good chance that the Camaro will be ethanol compatible, and it looks like I won't afford it until I'm rich anyway so it'll work out fine.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
If gas prices are $5 a gallon before I get my Camaro, I'm going to go apeshit.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 10:47 PM   #9
WillInThe04Ranger

Drives: 04 Ranger, 95 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to WillInThe04Ranger
Missed one good one :P

Old 05-04-2008, 03:05 AM   #10
Power Junkie
GM give me my fix please!

Drives: 95 Toyota GT4
Location: England.. aka the EU's whipping boy!!! (but not for much longer, hopefully)
Quote:
$8 per gallon... that's cheap it's about $9.87 here in the UK and they want to add another about 4 cents a litre on to it... our Govs what a sense of humour
Power Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
damm, you euro's have it really expensive. I was going to give a reality check saying that we are around $4.60 here. But thats still half price to you guys.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 01:45 AM   #12
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
I hate the say I'm ashamed of my fellow Americans, but I just have to say it this time. We've got it great. We're so spoiled by the cheap gas and zero profit margins of the past few years that we think prices set at half of what the rest of the world pays and wafer thin profit margins for the oil companies is criminal gouging. Our memories are so short we don't realize that except for the past few years, gas still takes up a smaller portion of our income than it ever has. Adjusted for inflation, it is slightly more expensive than it was in the 60s, and in the meantime fuel efficiency has more than doubled. If it happened more than a commercial break ago, we forget it. Americans need to grow a pair. Despite the perfect storm of a credit and housing crisis, a cyclical downturn, and some pretty high inflation, we haven't actually entered a recession yet. If we do, it will likely be unusually mild and short. Yet people are screaming bloody murder. Sure some people can't afford to drive their Sequoias on their single-person commute across the state every day. So we can only afford to buy one new video game this month. We can't afford to take a vacation this year. On and on and on. We're so busy whining about how badly our lives suck and how mean the gas companies are that we scarcely notice that 15,000 people died in Myanmar in the past few days and people are rioting across the world due to food shortages. Yes it is belt tightening time in America, but the fact you have a belt to tighten and pants to tighten it around (speaking figuratively) already puts you better off than the majority of the rest of the world. Breath. Relax. Everything will be OK for us. And if you get a stimulus check, spend it helping someone who really needs it.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:30 AM   #13
proxemics

Drives: 09 shelby GT500
god helps you all
thanks god we still have it easy at $0.65/gallon for 95 octane

2005 honda accord DD
2009 shelby GT500
1990 LS1 foxbody.Sold
1996 mustang GT.Sold
1994 corvette.Sold
2000 mustang.Sold
1987 camaro Z28.Sold
1985 Supra.Sold
2008 mustang GT.Sold
proxemics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:58 AM   #14
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...