Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 05-04-2011, 05:45 AM   #127
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
Screaming... you must be back east somewhere. Here in Utah its 4:30am, and I thought I was the only sucker who was dumb enough to be up this early.... and by the way..what he said!
Yep... i'm back here in Michigan... so it's two hours later than you..
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #128
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ91 View Post
can someone run me through the paces of how about someone would go, spraying safely.
Lets say were at the light(track lol)
What exactly would you do and when would you spray to do it safely. PS I have an m6 and just want to learn more.
1)Do your burnout normally.

2) Turn the switch on to arm the system. This adds power to the system and accessories like a window switch or progressive.

3) Purge the system if you have it.

4) Light the bulbs.

5) Now all you do is drive the car normally. We will set the nitrous up with WOT activation and a window switch. Possibly even have a progressive.

As an example of a car with WOT and window switch

Lights the second bulb. Launch the car. Car is WOT and hits 3000 rpm. Nitrous starts spraying. You left off to shift nitrous turns off. You shift. You are WOT now in second at 4000+ rpms. Nitrous starts spraying. Same at the 2-3 and 3-4 shift.

You let out at the top of the track, nitrous turns off. Purge if you have it. Turn off system. Close the bottle once you park.

Caution. Can cause huge reduction in ET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff4946 View Post
Well the systems now, are set up to run off your throttle positioning sensor, which are set at wide open throttle. Also ,with a m6, you want to go with a window switch which you set to spray at certain rpm. Once you ARM the system, you really have nothing to do with it, except mash the gas, and grow the gears. System does it for you.
This right here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Not sure of the laws in your area, but here, N20 is illegal to use in most states. In some states it's illegal to even have the bottle hooked up. Having run N2O before, i would say it is really is just for the track..

That being said... spraying is very straightforward, you need to "safety" switches that will automatically trigger your N2O system:

1) WOT switch - This switch only goes active when you have the gas pedal wide open - However on modern drive by wire cars, you actually go wide open BEFORE the pedal is all the way to the floor.

2) Window Switch - You set this so it only goes active when you hit a certain RPM, like 2500 RPM, and you can set it to shut off at an upper RPM like 6000 RPM... thus it creates a window of when the switch is active.

When BOTH of these switches become active then the N2O starts spraying. The idea is you want to have enough air being sucked in to draw all the fuel into the cylinders and not pool up in the intake... and you also want to make sure you are not at to low of an RPM which will cause big problem...

That's the very quick overview...
As far as the legality of it. In Texas at least. The only law regarding nitrous is that it is a controlled substance. You have to be over 18 to possess it but nothing regarding automotive use.
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:38 AM   #129
ROD1
Retired

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS V6 #1301 DOB 3/23/09
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet View Post

As far as the legality of it. In Texas at least. The only law regarding nitrous is that it is a controlled substance. You have to be over 18 to possess it but nothing regarding automotive use.
I love Texas and Ive never even been there!
ROD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #130
Graham@N

Drives: Pontiac Firebird
Texas = Disney Land for Street cars.
Graham@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:34 AM   #131
Nique303

Drives: 2010 Camaro
so if you have a auto is it better to use the tap shift option or to stay in drive/ does it matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham@Nitrousoutlet View Post
1)Do your burnout normally.

2) Turn the switch on to arm the system. This adds power to the system and accessories like a window switch or progressive.

3) Purge the system if you have it.

4) Light the bulbs.

5) Now all you do is drive the car normally. We will set the nitrous up with WOT activation and a window switch. Possibly even have a progressive.

As an example of a car with WOT and window switch

Lights the second bulb. Launch the car. Car is WOT and hits 3000 rpm. Nitrous starts spraying. You left off to shift nitrous turns off. You shift. You are WOT now in second at 4000+ rpms. Nitrous starts spraying. Same at the 2-3 and 3-4 shift.

You let out at the top of the track, nitrous turns off. Purge if you have it. Turn off system. Close the bottle once you park.

Caution. Can cause huge reduction in ET.

This right here.

ZEX NITROUS KIT
REAR WINDOW LOUVER
CUSTOM PAINTED RIMS
CUSTOM PAINTED CALIPERS
WHITE RACING STRIPES
METRA KIT INSTALLED
PIONEER TOUCH SCREEN DVD
1-12INCH PRIMIER SHALLOW MOUNT SUB
800 WATT SINGLE CHANNEL PIONEER AMP
FRONT AND REAR LIGHT BLACK OUT KIT
Nique303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #132
DarkneSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 6MT
Just wire your solenoids to a switch. Always spray above ~2,500 and just release the button in between shifts. Always make sure to spray under full throttle.
DarkneSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 12:54 AM   #133
ADKINS PERFORMANCE
Banned

Drives: boosting camaro
We sell all the different nitrous kits out and also do installs for you local guys
ADKINS PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:19 PM   #134
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
I can't find them damn spark plugs locally. Everyone has to special order. I tried pep boys, napa, checkers...
Old 05-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #135
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
I can't find them damn spark plugs locally. Everyone has to special order. I tried pep boys, napa, checkers...
I got mine from Napa. Ordered them in the morning and was installing them that afternoon.
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 02:42 PM   #136
PoorMansCamaro

Can't get anything until tomorrow.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:25 AM   #137
PoorMansCamaro

bumping this thread. mainly because it's a good read. My noobness of nitrous really shows in this thread. lol

also have a question...

I was reading a recent thread about 87 vs 93 octane gas for our v6's...and it got me thinking...since 87 pulls timing, would it be better to run 87 octane with a higher shot of nitrous? For instance 125 or 150 shot? I mean, obviously getting a tune to pull timing, and running the higher grade fuel would be best, but if I didn't have a tune, would the 87 be better? Didn't HDRS run 87 octane when he ran 11's with 125 shot?
Old 05-22-2013, 06:08 AM   #138
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
I ALWAYS run Premium fuel on motor or spray. Just my $.02 on the subject.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:12 AM   #139
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
This!!!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #140
h2oplay
Winners find a way

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post

This x2