Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #15
brt3
Runs with scissors...

Drives: '14 Z/28s SIM/SW
For me, the Z/28 is perfect. I never expected the carbon-ceramic brakes, nor did I expect the Multimatic suspension bits. To me those things are the icing on the cake, as they are absolutely crucial to the overall performance of the car. In that regard these items are the opposite of "bling" to my eyes, since they have nothing to do with looks and everything to do with lap time.

The only flaw is the weight, which is impossible to deal with any better given the starting point the engineers had to work with. At this point I'm OK with that. Sure, she's a little big-boned -- but I can't wait to get her out on the dance floor!

This is The One car that is GM's equivalent of the shot heard round the world for hard-core enthusiasts. The new Z06 shows that GM has the cojones to execute some great cars and intends to keep pushing hard on the performance front. I am thrilled by this, as the last GM car I owned was a Chevy Vega -- the first car I purchased in High School. All I can say is "it's about time" and "THANKS!"...