Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-21-2013, 10:02 PM   #99
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I never said anything bad about new owners and i love to help them so thanks for twisting my post. I said i dont link these dyno threads because most people cant grasp that dyno numbers are not as accurate as they want to believe they are. If you have learned that then i applaud you, if not then i hate this thread...not you. Its not personal
I actually don't understand the Dyno stuff. So, if you're willing, do you mind explaining it to me? I plan to have my car dyno'd soon. I think it should be plus 400 but I'm thinking your point is that that may not be reality. ???
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:07 PM   #100
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
I never said anything bad about new owners and i love to help them so thanks for twisting my post. I said i dont link these dyno threads because most people cant grasp that dyno numbers are not as accurate as they want to believe they are. If you have learned that then i applaud you, if not then i hate this thread...not you. Its not personal

Up until your post this may have been the most level headed dyno thread ever!

This thread is an attempt to understand the numbers on a new Camaro SS setup. There is almost no published data available. I don't think a single person in this thread has claimed anything yet. I bet you didn't even read all the post.

And I haven't taken anything personal, I have been a member here long enough and have seen the type of threads you are talking about, this is not one of 'em.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #101
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
I have remained relatively quiet in this thread on purpose. This thread is not to st that dyno results are gospel or even consistent. Accurate is to much to ask for. But what they do is provide a common measurement understood by most people. If the majority of stock 1LEs came up with abnormally high numbers we would know there is more at work than gearing making the car pull harder. If most pull the average and there are a few out of the normal range, we can reasonably conclude that the dyno was off or the car was a factory freak. That was the only point of this thread.

So back on topic. Post your dyno results and discuss or don't bother reading if you feel this thread is pointless. It was intended to compile data and nothing more.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:25 AM   #102
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Ya know it's funny but I wouldn't be surprised it they tweaked the 1LE's programming a little to take advantage of the different gearing in the tranny and rear. The only way to see if there is a difference is to take a 1LE and a standard SS and run em back to back on the same dyno on the same day.

Dynos are really best used to track gains from stock and to benefit you need to use the same one every time or else the data isn't (as) reliable.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:13 AM   #103
TripleT
TripleT

Drives: 2013 1LE 1SS
I've heard about happy dyno numbers ever since I posted my Harley Davidson SS 124 numbers, you have the nay sayers, jealous, and blah blah. If you don't understand about properly calibrating for optimum power then it can be complicated, humidity, temperature, etc. I for one believe the 1LE pumps out more than my 12 SS, but will be verifying with SAE shortly. With respect, if you hate dyno post then perhaps you may not understand or have never watched the process? Just saying
TripleT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:33 AM   #104
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
All Camaros have the nannies... think launch control is for ss and zl1

tramtwo posted this on the go
Launch control is only available for the manual shift cars.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:11 PM   #105
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
I don't agree with that statement completely. For the *same* car unless you are changing trams or rear end, those are constants and you can infer changes to fly wheel hp on a chassis Dino. Now between a different cars with different driveline s that is a different story.
The key word in your statement above is "changes" so we do agree with each other. You can infer changes to flywheel power but that's about it. This discussion about "tweaked" calibrations on 1LE's is hogwash. I hate that word. Does the new exhaust make a difference, maybe. I remember it used to be worth a few HP on Corvette. I just can't believe there is a big difference in flywheel HP beyond normal production tolerances.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:22 PM   #106
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueclyde View Post
The key word in your statement above is "changes" so we do agree with each other. You can infer changes to flywheel power but that's about it. This discussion about "tweaked" calibrations on 1LE's is hogwash. I hate that word. Does the new exhaust make a difference, maybe. I remember it used to be worth a few HP on Corvette. I just can't believe there is a big difference in flywheel HP beyond normal production tolerances.
To be clear the npp exhaust is only an option on the 1le. I hope in time the facts become clear.

Production tolerances... wonder what these are?
Old 01-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #107
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
Quote:
To be clear the npp exhaust is only an option on the 1le. I hope in time the facts become clear.

Typically +/- 3% or so.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #108
BRMcamaro1LE

Drives: 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Quote:

This is a actually incorrect. You can get the dual mode exhaust as an option on both coupe and convertible in each LT and SS trim for model year 2013 Camaros.

Edit: Not compatible with the auto transmission in SS models, my guess would be due to AFM
BRMcamaro1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #109
tramtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRMcamaro1LE View Post
This is a actually incorrect. You can get the dual mode exhaust as an option on both coupe and convertible in each LT and SS trim for model year 2013 Camaros.

Edit: Not compatible with the auto transmission in SS models, my guess would be due to AFM
I was saying that npp is not stock for a 1le.... only an option not only for the 1le. damn inteernets!!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:13 PM   #110
BRMcamaro1LE

Drives: 1996 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28
Quote:
I was saying that npp is not stock for a 1le.... only an option not only for the 1le. damn inteernets!!
Sorry buddy!
BRMcamaro1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #111
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
[QUOTE=tramtwo;6066647]Up until your post this may have been the most level headed dyno thread ever! QUOTE]

LOL, so true! I'm getting pissy over nothing.

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 PM   #112
tramtwo

[QUOTE=toehead93;6074099]
Quote:
Up until your post this may have been the most level headed dyno thread ever! QUOTE]

LOL, so true! I'm getting pissy over nothing.

I knew you'd come around. These 1le guys are very level headed.

The EPS and NPP as well as the lighter un-sprung weight of these wheels has added some HP to the stock LS3 SS. Just not sure how much yet. I also have a feeling and I don't know for sure but maybe the higher capacity fuel pump and extra pickups may be good for 1 or 2.

I still thought/think a 1le with npp should put down no less than 385 stock.