Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 06-27-2009, 05:58 PM   #141
Halo2

Drives: 04 Mercury Marauder
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Sure, kick him when he's down!
Sorry, not meant to be that way. More ammo for his dealer that something is terribly wrong.
Halo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #142
LeatherNeck13

Drives: now riding a 2008 Hayabusa
I don't know what the deal is with this. I'm glad they bought it back from me. You better believe I'll have a gtech mounted on the test drive before I bring one home next time. Hoping they release the Z28. Everyone has an opinion on what was wrong and how or what I should have done to fix it but they are all missing the point. It DID NOT RUN. Damn sure didn't zero to sixty in 4.7. I'm heartbroken but relieved I didn't have to pay for a car that did not satisfy my expectations. All I wanted was what they advertised.
LeatherNeck13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #143
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bballr4567 View Post
Why did you sale it back??

A VERY simple fix was in order for yours. A tune. There has already been a few cars delivered that the ECM was FUBAR'd and a new fixed all the problems.
Lots of people tried telling him this, including me but they didn't try ANYTHING to fix the obvious issue... Something is wrong but there is now way a dealer is going to fix it, YOU have to. There is no money in it for the dealer especially when it's not pulling codes and they say nothing is wrong.

But, I was told to have some respect and basicly shut up, so sorry an "Enthusiast" such as this sold his subpar camaro back to the dealer.

We need someone who actually wants to try and fix the obvious problem, actually put the time and effort in to fix the issue so everybody who buys a subpar A6 doesn't have to sell it back. Lets fix this issue cuz GM and the dealers probably won't!
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #144
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherNeck13 View Post
I on the other hand won't perform as advertised in the form of monthly payments if the above is not taken care of. Don't care about the credit score plummeting for a default.
This would be an very unwise move.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:10 PM   #145
leviticus88
Camaro Owner Soon!

Drives: Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC S2 GMPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post

First of all, if you go back and read Scott's posts, you will know he is a die hard enthusiast like most of us here. He has a lovely daughter fighting cancer and has had contact with some of GM's best employee's who helped him get the car as early as possible and for his daughter and him to get a test ride in a camaro before his was delivered. He is an outstanding forum member.. Crying about this issue is far from what Scott is doing.. Have some more respect and understand also he is not the only one having these issues.. The Automatic SS is advertised as having a 0-60 time of 4.7 seconds. Has anyone so far achieved that with a stock automatic? Not on this forum at least..
In response...

I am well aware of who he is and I'm not really attacking him personally and my heart and prayers go out to his daughter...

Some A6's are having issues of being rather slow and there is obviuosly a problem. If everyone who has one of these cars sells it back to the dealer, the entire community won't know whats really wrong.

Someone is going to have to put the time and effort into fixing the issue instead of running away from the car. That someone will have to be a true enthusiast and a member of the online community. I have yet to see that person step forward and "try" to fix the issue and help others with the same problem. (this is hard to do on a 40k brand new car but, the benefit is huge!)

I don't need to be told to have some respect, I want to see the Camaro succeed! I want someone on the forum fortunate enough to have an SS/A6 that happens to be having these issues, take the time to fix them and tell the rest about there success. GM and the dealers won't fix the issue because there is no money in it. They will just tell you "nothing is wrong".

Camaro owners have a huge resource in this forum, if all they here about are how slow the A6 is and how it wasn't worth owning. Then tell me how that helps the Camaro name and GM live on?

Lets fix the issue, not support the idea of running away from the problem... Please!

USA
leviticus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 05:27 PM   #146
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
I am not running away from it. We love the Camaro (Bee Bee), we are going to give them 4 months to get it fixed at the max and if it is not then Alabama Lemon Law comes into play.

I believe GM can and will fix it. If enough of us complain then it is obvious it is not just one car and a real issue. They do not need issues at this time in history and I think will want happy A6 Camaro owners.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 07:25 PM   #147
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo2 View Post
Sorry, not meant to be that way. More ammo for his dealer that something is terribly wrong.
Just kidding around...
Old 06-28-2009, 07:35 PM   #148
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

You need to get the car dynoed to really have some tangible evidence to show the dealer. I personally think that these L99 with problems are tuned way to conservatively from the factory. I can't explain why some are and some are not, but I believe if hooked up to a dyno and HP tuners all the answers would be right there. No you should NOT have to do a dyno or anything for that matter, but I'm not sure without concrete evidence that anything will get done. We all know GM gets much information off this site, so hopefully they will address this. I know if Scott S. has anything to say about it, something will get done. Good luck. I really am anitcipating the fix to the problem.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:48 PM   #149
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
I am not running away from it. We love the Camaro (Bee Bee), we are going to give them 4 months to get it fixed at the max and if it is not then Alabama Lemon Law comes into play.

I believe GM can and will fix it. If enough of us complain then it is obvious it is not just one car and a real issue. They do not need issues at this time in history and I think will want happy A6 Camaro owners.
You're doing the right thing Scott I'd be doing the same in your situation.
Old 06-28-2009, 07:52 PM   #150
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviticus88 View Post
In response...

I am well aware of who he is and I'm not really attacking him personally and my heart and prayers go out to his daughter...

Some A6's are having issues of being rather slow and there is obviuosly a problem. If everyone who has one of these cars sells it back to the dealer, the entire community won't know whats really wrong.

Someone is going to have to put the time and effort into fixing the issue instead of running away from the car. That someone will have to be a true enthusiast and a member of the online community. I have yet to see that person step forward and "try" to fix the issue and help others with the same problem. (this is hard to do on a 40k brand new car but, the benefit is huge!)

I don't need to be told to have some respect, I want to see the Camaro succeed! I want someone on the forum fortunate enough to have an SS/A6 that happens to be having these issues, take the time to fix them and tell the rest about there success. GM and the dealers won't fix the issue because there is no money in it. They will just tell you "nothing is wrong".

Camaro owners have a huge resource in this forum, if all they here about are how slow the A6 is and how it wasn't worth owning. Then tell me how that helps the Camaro name and GM live on?

Lets fix the issue, not support the idea of running away from the problem... Please!

USA
If he would pay for a tune and that makes his Camaro as fast as it is advertised, should Scott get a refund from GM for the cost of the tune? Ultimately the car should have been delivered with the advertised abilities and nothng less.. He is not running away from the problem by taking many of our forum members advice to use the lemon law on this one and getting GM involved.
Old 06-28-2009, 08:19 PM   #151
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
these tables explain all the L99 issues, first the shift points, check out how soon you are in 5th and 6th gear and how soon the lock up converter comes on:

and here, check out the wide open throttle tcc apply speeds, if the converter is locked at this slow of speeds at wot you will not have any performance:

415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #152
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
these tables explain all the L99 issues, first the shift points, check out how soon you are in 5th and 6th gear and how soon the lock up converter comes on:

and here, check out the wide open throttle tcc apply speeds, if the converter is locked at this slow of speeds at wot you will not have any performance:

This is big time info!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 08:56 PM   #153
LeatherNeck13

Look fellas. I did not pay 37k to "fix" a brand new car. I took it to the dealer and was promptly told nothing was wrong. They admitted it "seemed" to be lacking power but.... oh well. GM said the same thing. I bought the 08 busa that I still have now and with 6miles on the clock the clutch was slipping. It was the very first one sold within 200 miles of here and the only one they could get for 4 more months. And after 3weeks and countless scrathes later, (no lemon law on a bike) I ended up having to fix it myself and no longer do buisness with Camden Motorsports of Glynn. I spent 32k with them that year alone and tens of thousands before that and they still said sorry for your luck. So screw that. It seems there are about 70% of the folks posting on this thread only have opinions and actually know very little about drag racing. I was looking here to see if someone else had had or was having the same issue and there are. No one has had a fix. Only opinions. EVEN GM. YES I will agree it is most likely a simple fix. Even more so a tune. I did not buy the car to have to fix to run the factory specs. Most guys read that the busa will run 9.40's in the quarter stock and are upset when they can't break tens. BIG FREAKIN difference. You actually have to be able to ride. Mine has never run a ten anything. Even spinning and wheelying and the occational missed shift into second gear. It has always run within 3tenths of what is advertised no matter the track or temp. An automatic car aint crap to drive so the fact of it being down @ least 8mph and at least 9tenths is bulls--t! Period! I LOVE the Camaro. I will have another one. I will not spend that kind of money on something brand spankin' new to have to "fix" it. Dealer did me right buying it back and I am certain that someone else will end up with the car as is and hopefully by then GM will have stepped in with a reflash or give those customers 8k back on a car that runs like the v6 and gets less mpgs. To the 30% of the guys on this board I'm sorry for the rant. I know you know who you are. I am glad you understand. May 9's be in your near future with a minimal amount of cash.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #154
LeatherNeck13

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post

That is great data!