Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-12-2015, 03:47 PM   #15
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Sympathies from the left coast... it truly sucks that there are people out there that are that depraved as to think that somebody else's stuff is just there for the picking.

Fight the insurance company: For the reasoning offered by your agent, ANY theft could be considered the "owner's fault," in one way or another. Even a locked car stolen form a guarded lot could be considered the owner's fault for not having it under a steel dome filled with hungry Dobermans. Leaving a door open does not make stealing your stuff legal... ESPECIALLY in your living area.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 05:47 PM   #16
Sesiom Summers

Drives: 94 Z28 / 01 Z28 / 2015 50th GT
Send a message via MSN to Sesiom Summers
Thanks for all the support, I already check craigslist for any LS part, nothing there yet, the insurance will cover a part (30%) of the loss value (total value stolen: 9.000 approx) my Alarm its a old alarm, so I made a few calls and tomorrow I ll get a new alarm with all the gadgets, one of the Guys took my Metal Gear Solid Signed by Hideo Kohima himself (that's the game who make me want to be a game designer) so It was really a personal loss more than a material lost, but the god thing of america is you guys like to help each other, some one gave me his old set of dual springs and titanium retainers in exchange for a new logo design, so things are starting go get better
Old 02-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #17
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Animals out there, just unreal.

Hoping you get things turned around soon.
"But, House Mormont remembers. The North remembers! We know no King but the King of the North whose name is Stark. I don't care if he's a bastard. Ned Stark's blood runs through his veins. He's my king–from this day until his last day."

Mods: ARH headers and hi flow cats, VMAX ported throttle body, CAI air intake, Slowhawk Performance tuning
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 06:45 PM   #18
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
Insurance should cover it. They insure for loss. If you had left the front door open and someone stole out of your house you should be insured against theft. It isnt up to them to decide fault. Someone tresspassed and stole from your home. Something is not right with your agent.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:07 PM   #19
Tricksta

Drives: 2018 ZL1 A10
This sucks so bad man :/
Old 02-12-2015, 10:18 PM   #20
CRF8
Scenic City Camaro

Drives: 2022 Camaro ZL-1 /1974 Firebird 400
I got Screwed by a thief...

If your police report was taken by Orange County sheriffs office, winter park police, or Orlando police, please PM me. Also, pawnshops have a 30 day hold requirement, so your property won't be visible if you check the shops. Serial numbers for the stolen items would be good, check with neighbors to see what they saw, if anything. Call 407-254-1010 if the report is by Orange County, ask for records , copy of the report is free. Use it to file an insurance claim. It's not up to your agent to make s claim decision, an adjuster will get the case. Be prepared to document your hospital trip and ownership of the stolen property with written documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2015, 10:44 PM   #21
Tmick5jr
Todd

Drives: 2012 Camaro
people from florida are such scumbags. A couple years ago my teacher went on and on about how people from florida are such scums and thats its a terrible place to live (he lived there for 20 years). I had no reason to disagree but whatever. Well my dad moved there about a year ago and has gotten robbed 3 times!! Break ins. and one night he left his car doors unlocked and got thousands of dollars in merchandise stolen. Wtf? i don't get it
Tmick5jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2015, 10:58 PM   #22
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
people from florida are such scumbags. A couple years ago my teacher went on and on about how people from florida are such scums and thats its a terrible place to live (he lived there for 20 years). I had no reason to disagree but whatever. Well my dad moved there about a year ago and has gotten robbed 3 times!! Break ins. and one night he left his car doors unlocked and got thousands of dollars in merchandise stolen. Wtf? i don't get it
It's all about where you live bro. I've been here the majority (42 years) of my life except for the 2 or 3 years I lived in Jersey. Never a problem except in my teens when I was stupid.

I'll tell you given the choice FL is a million times better.

Now Jersey that's a crappy place to live. Grouchy ass people and horrible weather.

My mother even grew up in Jersey (born in FL) and she'll tell you don't live there.

It's all relative man...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 02-12-2015, 11:39 PM   #23
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRF8 View Post
If your police report was taken by Orange County sheriffs office, winter park police, or Orlando police, please PM me. Also, pawnshops have a 30 day hold requirement, so your property won't be visible if you check the shops. Serial numbers for the stolen items would be good, check with neighbors to see what they saw, if anything. Call 407-254-1010 if the report is by Orange County, ask for records , copy of the report is free. Use it to file an insurance claim. It's not up to your agent to make s claim decision, an adjuster will get the case. Be prepared to document your hospital trip and ownership of the stolen property with written documents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wow this is a ton of info, thanks It is really helpful

the policeman told me about the serial Numbers but I only have the serial number of my pc, and ps4 and that's it, my friends helped me with my insurance claim today,when I was at the insurance company office, I told the woman who attended me about what happened and what the guy at the phone told me, the woman was really upset and she told me there is no way Its my fault to the robbed, she was really helpful and then, she did all the proper questions, she see all the receives and important papers I had and she told me To talk to her again on Friday and I don't need to worry about, I spoke with the Cuban Lady who called me, she told me she couldn't see much because was already dark, but she told me interesting details, so Im thinking I need to change where I live.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:40 PM   #24
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
It's all about where you live bro. I've been here the majority (42 years) of my life except for the 2 or 3 years I lived in Jersey. Never a problem except in my teens when I was stupid.

I'll tell you given the choice FL is a million times better.

Now Jersey that's a crappy place to live. Grouchy ass people and horrible weather.

My mother even grew up in Jersey (born in FL) and she'll tell you don't live there.

It's all relative man...

because skin cancer and 90% of the population that cant speak english is better.
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 12:04 AM   #25
Sesiom Summers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
because skin cancer and 90% of the population that cant speak english is better.
this is kind of rude... but got your point... If you want to live in a certain country at least Learn the Idiom... Florida its a beautiful place but insecurity its getting worst, they are stealing EVOS X like crazy here, they broke them into parts to sell them, now my puerto rican friends told me the pentagon Its about to take over Puerto Rico because the situation there its out of control and people is leaving puerto rico and came here with nothing, now this is only a theory but ... its really accurate...
Old 02-13-2015, 05:19 AM   #26
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Well unless you count speaking red neck as not speaking English you are confusing Dade county with an entire state. As for skin cancer I can take care of that with some sun block.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:47 AM   #27
mar10

Drives: 2010 SS RS
While a buddy of mine was in college him and another friend rented a small house together. After some drinking my friend picked up a sleazy chick at the bar. Brought her home did some more drinking with her and the roommate. Then she ended up sleeping over but my friend doesn't remember much after doing what drunk naked college kids do. He's pretty sure she drugged them. But they woke up and both their wallets were gone their cellphones their lap tops an Xbox and two tvs were also missing. The chick doesn't take either of their cars or guns that she could easily have taken along with the other stuff. It took him forever to get all the stuff he lost in his wallet replaced like Id social security card and bank cards.

But when I saw the title "screwed by a thief" I expected a story like that. Good luck worth the insurance. Make sure to fight every low ball value and payment they offer. They are most likely going to try to get out of it by spending the least amount necessary. Sorry to hear all this.
mar10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 03:06 PM   #28
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmick5jr View Post
I disagree with your Broad assessment. Sure we get Ass-Clowns from all over the Country, Puerto Rico & Cuba, but some of the Finest people that I have ever met live here.

I live in the Center of Tampa, I leave my doors unlocked a lot times and have never had an issue. When I lived in another section of town I had 2 Cars stolen. So it depends on where you are.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote