The 2014 Corvette Stingray Forum
News / Blog Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Chevrolet Corvette Stingray C7 Forum > Corvette7.com General Forums > Corvette Stingray C7 General Discussions

Old 09-18-2013, 02:13 PM   #15
zimm888

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
a review claiming the auto isn't bad

http://www.digitaltrends.com/car-rev...nd-beauty/#/35
zimm888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #16
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
And, my 67 YO hottie is on www.bandmix.com under DRZPHD. I know I shall severely criticized for saying this, but I would take her over my C7. I wouldn't tell her that of course as best to keep her wondering which I would take if I only had one choice. But, eventually, she shall ask, and I'll have to fess up (or die) and tell her I would take her over ANY Vette.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
And, my 67 YO hottie is on www.bandmix.com under DRZPHD. I know I shall severely criticized for saying this, but I would take her over my C7. I wouldn't tell her that of course as best to keep her wondering which I would take if I only had one choice. But, eventually, she shall ask, and I'll have to fess up (or die) and tell her I would take her over ANY Vette.
Richardlord: As suggested to you here and on other C7 Forums, how about keeping your posts limited to C7 comments and less self aggrandizement?
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #18
Sajonf

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray Z51
But we haven't had a chance to hear about his six figure income and two waterfront properties in this thread yet.... What a joke
Sajonf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:51 PM   #19
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsvette View Post
Richardlord: As suggested to you here and on other C7 Forums, how about keeping your posts limited to C7 comments and less self aggrandizement?
You sir/ma'am win the word of the day!

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #20
zimm888

Word of the day lol. Sounds so sophistimacated, almost French to
Old 09-19-2013, 05:28 AM   #21
Richardlord

Drives: Dodge Magnum RT Hemi AWD
Corvettes and hotties go naturally together and are apt for discussion like guns and the right to own and carry as Kalimus has added to this thread, to which no one, and certainly not I, has objected. How many pics are there out there of guys flaunting their Corvettes and babes. If you got it, flaunt it. All of us most certainly shall be flaunting our C7s, and our babes (if we got one), shall we not? I shall be flaunting my C7 and babe, how about you? Lets get real, there's no modesty in driving a Corvette. When one drives a Corvette, one gives up all pretense to modesty, and even more so with a babe riding shotgun. I have yet to run across a humble Corvette owner. Corvette and humility are a contradiction in terms. How many contrite guys do you see at car shows, showing-off their cars, and babes (if they got one). My C7 is a Vert 3LT Z51 performance exhaust in Torch Red with Adrenaline Red interior with black wheels & red calipers, black top, black hood stinger, black spoiler & mirrors, and you can't get more immodest than that. But, no one shall fault me for my C7. Now, getting back to the discussion on Shift v Automatic ...

Last edited by Richardlord; 09-19-2013 at 06:38 AM.
Richardlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #22
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardlord View Post
Corvettes and hotties go naturally together and are apt for discussion like guns and the right to own and carry as Kalimus has added to this thread, to which no one, and certainly not I, has objected. How many pics are there out there of guys flaunting their Corvettes and babes. If you got it, flaunt it. All of us most certainly shall be flaunting our C7s, and our babes (if we got one), shall we not? I shall be flaunting my C7 and babe, how about you? Lets get real, there's no modesty in driving a Corvette. When one drives a Corvette, one gives up all pretense to modesty, and even more so with a babe riding shotgun. I have yet to run across a humble Corvette owner. Corvette and humility are a contradiction in terms. How many contrite guys do you see at car shows, showing-off their cars, and babes (if they got one). My C7 is a Vert 3LT Z51 performance exhaust in Torch Red with Adrenaline Red interior with black wheels & red calipers, black top, black hood stinger, black spoiler & mirrors, and you can't get more immodest than that. But, no one shall fault me for my C7. Now, getting back to the discussion on Shift v Automatic ...
Hold up now. My signature hardly was contributing to the conversation. It wasn't a talking point, and it certainly wasn't used as a side step in conversation. If you had a pic of you and your GF/wife/whatever in your signature standing in front of your summer home with your car (to which you really don't need to give every detail about every time you post it, especially twice in the same thread), not a single person would have said anything.

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:15 PM   #23
C7vette

Drives: 2009 CLK550
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimm888 View Post
a review claiming the auto isn't bad

http://www.digitaltrends.com/car-rev...nd-beauty/#/35
I just quickly skimmed the article and I'm not sure if this reviewer is clear on what he's driving. He says, "stuffing the gas pedal brought out the best of the dual-clutch automatic as it stepped through the gears close to redline" and I have not heard anything about a dual clutch auto trans for the C7. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
C7vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #24
volsfan0911

Drives: '10 GTI for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by C7vette View Post
I just quickly skimmed the article and I'm not sure if this reviewer is clear on what he's driving. He says, "stuffing the gas pedal brought out the best of the dual-clutch automatic as it stepped through the gears close to redline" and I have not heard anything about a dual clutch auto trans for the C7. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
You are correct - there is no DCT for the 'Vette currently. The auto is a heavily revamped 6L80 conventional torque converter automatic with 6 speeds. He claimed it was a 7 speed dual clutch. Maybe he climbed into an Audi S4 by mistake?
volsfan0911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:38 PM   #25
zimm888

Ya I was confused if he drove both an auto and a manual because the pics show auto and he talks about both. Even when not getting confused.
Old 09-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #26
jsvette

Drives: C7, XTS, Porsche, C70
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
You sir/ma'am win the word of the day!
Why thank you I was simply trying to be polite.
jsvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 10:25 AM   #27
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
I'm 24 with a 6-speed g37 and I drive my dad's camaro with a 5-speed
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #28
jashobbsie
Davenport Stage 5+

Drives: Camaro ZL1 & C7 Corvette 3LT Z51
My ZL1 is auto...for the drag track.... My newly ordered C7 will be Stick...I'm in my mid 30's