Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #43
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
happens to me. Just close your windows and have a good wax on the car. The wax will cause all the water to come off once you start driving, and then open your windows and you're good to go.
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #44
rykeith

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
I usually don't open my window when it's raining.
lol this.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:43 AM   #45
LakeMarySS

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS
Since I live in HOT and HUMID FL I can't think of any reason why I would even consider rolling my window down ever. So I will never know if mine leaks like that.
LakeMarySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:22 AM   #46
Waste

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro/ss/rs View Post
Same here in Florida..... Windows up...
Agreed... I don't see a point rolling the windows down when its raining. Why complain then. ??
Waste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #47
Caspers2SSRS
Caspers2SSRS

Drives: Summit White 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
OP I'm with on this one 100% and have myself considered adding window guards.........on a side note I'm enjoying the humorous responses like," Sell the car " , "It's Heritage" , "Never opened my windows", ie.

Some of same folks who would respond to someone 6' 2"asking if sunroof equiped cars have enough headroom, by chiming in with , Yeah ......If your over 5'7" you should avoid buying the car because the roof lines too low. When in fact..........it appears that most owners of sunroof equiped cars... seem to be 6'-7' tall and satisfied with headliner height.

The same group that would respond to someone complaining about headroom with the same ,................... its Camaro Heritage, Sell the Car, Floridians don't complain, Don't buy a sunroof equiped car, ie.
Caspers2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:55 AM   #48
SSBlack
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS JFB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post
OP I'm with on this one 100% and have myself considered adding window guards.........on a side note I'm enjoying the humorous responses like," Sell the car " , "It's Heritage" , "Never opened my windows", ie.

Some of same folks who would respond to someone 6' 2"asking if sunroof equiped cars have enough headroom, by chiming in with , Yeah ......If your over 5'7" you should avoid buying the car because the roof lines too low. When in fact..........it appears that most owners of sunroof equiped cars... seem to be 6'-7' tall and satisfied with headliner height.

The same group that would respond to someone complaining about headroom with the same ,................... its Camaro Heritage, Sell the Car, Floridians don't complain, Don't buy a sunroof equiped car, ie.

Some people are honestly trying to help and some people are just richards. That's internet forums.

I don't know about the OP, but mine is waxed. Wax doesn't create a force field, or make the water evaporate. It has to go somewhere and that somewhere is INSIDE the window, if you lower it.

For those that DO drive theirs in the rain, do this. The next time you are stopped at a light, in the driveway, wherever, and it's raining; just lower either window one inch. You will witness the amazing rushing water the OP is talking about.
SSBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #49
Rage
TRI-COUNTY CAMARO... FTW!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6 Cyber Grey
Love my car, learned not to open windows after rain storm, or while raining. Its the price you pay for driving am aggressively styled sex machine.
CAI inc. cold air intake, LG G6x3 cam, Patriot Gold Extreme Dual springs, Titanium retainers and locks, LG SuperPro 1 7/8 Long Tube headers with full 3" exhaust, DynoMax VT mufflers, SLP 4" tips, Moroso catch can, Race Ready electronic exhaust cut outs, Full painted Razzi body kit, Headlight Armor Smoke taillight and marker blackouts, T-Rex aluminum upper and lower grille, Polished aluminum front and rear bowties. Professionally installed and Dyno Tuned by HorsePower Sales, Pompano Beach FL.
Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:10 AM   #50
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Doesnt do it on my car
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #51
Gr8ride

Drives: Camaro 2Lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I have never driven mine in the rain.

hahahaha Talk about babying your car, I bet the paint is absolutely perfect!
I need a garage!

Ive never had that problem, either that or I just kind of expected that if its raining and I open the window, im gonna get wet. My previous car leaked from the sunroof and it had a hatchback that would gather lots of rain water and when I opened the "trunk" about half a galon would pour in..Then It would be damp and smell like a wet dog for days. Comming from that to the camaro I guess I didnt really notice or think it was a design flaw.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:10 AM   #52
PsychoDRAMA

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post
Ahh...I did notice this. It is the same on my F-150. So I just assumed it it is like this in every vehicle. So I guess Ford and Chevy can't master it...maybe dodge?
nah lol, I just came from two previous dodge vehicles, same thing. Same thing for everyother vehicle Ive driven, including high end cars. I always figured its absolutely normal depending on the amount of rain.
PsychoDRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:11 AM   #53
Stealthpanda
Thread Ender

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caspers2SSRS View Post

Some things that irritate you/him may not irritate others. Different strokes for different folks. Cheers.

EDIT: Let me explain, as not to look like a total nitwit.
Driving in a 5th gen Camaro with a sunroof, to me, is the same thing as this water drip thing is to you/OP. Driving in a sunroof'd Camaro irritated the sht out of me. The water drip issue, where I remember it happening in a drive thru once... didnt really grind my gears all too much. Nappy nap napkin and fixd. Cheers bub.

Last edited by Stealthpanda; 05-06-2012 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Hurp
Stealthpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:19 AM   #54
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This may just be me, but why are you rolling your windows down in the rain? Then complaining that water gets in?

I find this hilarious that people are actually complaining about this. So many worse things in the world and all you guys do is sit and complain about water getting in your car when you roll down the windows in the rain.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #55
PsychoDRAMA

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
This may just be me, but why are you rolling your windows down in the rain? Then complaining that water gets in?

I find this hilarious that people are actually complaining about this. So many worse things in the world and all you guys do is sit and complain about water getting in your car when you roll down the windows in the rain.
dont worry, its not just you....lol
PsychoDRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #56
strych9
I'll be back...

Drives: Subaru, HD Road Glide Special
Most newer cars do this due to the "flush window" design. You have no case if the dealer can take you to a new one on the lot and it does the exact same thing, which it will.

"Operates as designed. Normal, NPF."