Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 10-14-2012, 04:44 PM   #1
Lightrider

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 Hurst Convertible
3rd Annual Covered Bridges cruise - or something different?

Wanted to post this up while its fresh in everyone's minds. This was our 2nd covered bridges cruise and definitely another great time. Great people, great cars and great weather. I'm good to keep organizing a fall cruise and we can do this again.

But my question is, should we try something different next year?

I'm open to darn near anything so please use this thread to post up improvements, suggestions, idea etc. Only criteria is we have to account for ~30 cars.

Oh, and please no suggestions to exclude people with loud exhausts, cams, blowers, etc. Unlike some locals, we're tolerant and inclusive. LOL we definitely upset some locals but in all honesty, F'em. We looked and sounded GREAT!
Lightrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightrider View Post

LOL we definitely upset some locals but in all honesty, F'em. We looked and sounded GREAT!
Yes we did !!!!! I'm surprised we did not cause rock slides with the rumble of our exhaust which sounded awesome no matter what the locals said.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:54 AM   #3
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
I think we should take up Van Sant Airport's offer and make that our last stop next year.

And if someone is feeling adventurous...maybe they could take a glider ride and get some cool aerial shots.
Attached Images

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
That airport was really cool , i'd like to go there again. next time we should park our cars on the grass at an angle next to each other when we pull in. This way we can get a really nice shot of all the cars togehter along the airstrip.

Some of the roads were a little tight and bumpy but for the most part it wasn't bad at all. Weather was great and i'm definitely in for next year

As for the locals being upset, if we're just rumbling through town then they shouldn't get upset. I understand some of us including myself have a tendency to just get on the gas at times, Hey its in our blood. We just need to realize we're in someone elses back yard and need to keep light on the gas when were in someone elses neighborhood. A little bursts here or there on the back roads in the woods never hurt anyone just not through town and in front of peoples homes. I'm not saying anyone did this , I wouldn't hear ya anyway with all the noise my car makes lol

The reason I say this is because we had a lot of cars in our crew i'm sure it will only get bigger and i'd rather have a good time then a bad time with cops and tickets.

great cruise guys
Old 10-15-2012, 10:39 AM   #5
SSdude

Drives: Super Sport
Agree with all u guys . Glider shots would be awesome and I'd gladly volunteer for the glider shots.
All we need is a sick configuration on the field.

Quote:
Oh, and please no suggestions to exclude people with loud exhausts, cams, blowers, etc. Unlike some locals, we're tolerant and inclusive. LOL we definitely upset some locals but in all honesty, F'em. We looked and sounded GREAT!
By the way who's complaining?
Old 10-15-2012, 11:22 AM   #6
Lightrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSdude View Post

By the way who's complaining?

NO ONE in our group complained! We got a few choice words from someone in New Hope complaining about the noise then 'theragtopguy' had a cop talk to him about reports he's hearing about our group.

Sunday cruise, great fall day, scenic Bucks county, nothing we did was out of the ordinary. We get all kinds of car clubs cruising through here, continual streams of sport and Harley bikers and tons of pedal pushing cyclists around here. I don't complain about any and most people don't. Businesses certainly love the revenue it provides. All of the above comes with the territory.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:25 AM   #7
Lightrider

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDEALG View Post
That airport was really cool , i'd like to go there again. next time we should park our cars on the grass at an angle next to each other when we pull in. This way we can get a really nice shot of all the cars togehter along the airstrip.

Some of the roads were a little tight and bumpy but for the most part it wasn't bad at all. Weather was great and i'm definitely in for next year

As for the locals being upset, if we're just rumbling through town then they shouldn't get upset. I understand some of us including myself have a tendency to just get on the gas at times, Hey its in our blood. We just need to realize we're in someone elses back yard and need to keep light on the gas when were in someone elses neighborhood. A little bursts here or there on the back roads in the woods never hurt anyone just not through town and in front of peoples homes. I'm not saying anyone did this , I wouldn't hear ya anyway with all the noise my car makes lol

The reason I say this is because we had a lot of cars in our crew i'm sure it will only get bigger and i'd rather have a good time then a bad time with cops and tickets.

great cruise guys

We'll definitely go to Van Sant airport again. I was the first to park my car and my wife even said later we should've parked on an angle I'll blame it on on the cool airplanes and gliders around.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:38 AM   #8
IDEALG
Chevy's "Rumble" Best!

Drives: 2015 ZL1 6 speed
Send a message via AIM to IDEALG
Quote:
We'll definitely go to Van Sant airport again. I was the first to park my car and my wife even said later we should've parked on an angle I'll blame it on on the cool airplanes and gliders around.

haha yeah that was awesome, i was surpirsed when we pulled up and that plane took off right in front of us that was pretty cool.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #9
Bee

Drives: SS/RS - Rally Yellow
Quote:
I totally agree...the place where the most people will complain about excessive noise and tire spinning is New Hope. But we should try to be more mindful of rolling through towns next year, and leave the outbursts for the back roads.

SEPA5 South Eastern Pennsylvania 5th Gen Camaro Club
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 01:25 PM   #10
goatslapper
12.527@112.33 MPH

Drives: 2010 black ss/rs cgm stripes
I concur. Next year I will have headers and cut outs to sound as loud as those planes.
Old 10-15-2012, 03:38 PM   #11
R Kern
NFRNO SS

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS M6
Thanks again Bob and George, for your time and effort putting this together. We all enjoyed it.
My son Nick got to go along this year, and he loved it (especially following IDEALG ).
I think we kept 30 cars together VERY well. Nick said when he was in a VW group caravan they had trouble keeping 10 cars together!
Maybe next year we can recruit that Barney Fife guy (that videotaped us as we went by) in the old Dodge police car for traffic control.
Old 10-15-2012, 05:33 PM   #12
Lightrider

Quote:
haha yeah that was awesome, i was surpirsed when we pulled up and that plane took off right in front of us that was pretty cool.
Ummm, hmmm...didn't I mention that was planned...

Yeah, it was pretty cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Kern View Post
Maybe next year we can recruit that Barney Fife guy (that videotaped us as we went by) in the old Dodge police car for traffic control.

LOL Put we'll him up front and the Porsche's in the back!
Old 10-17-2012, 06:24 PM   #13
Zmans2ss/rs

Drives: 2010 chevy camaro 2ss/rs
I was able to take my Daughter this year and she had an awesome time. She loved all the cars and especially the loud exhaust. She feels the same way I do. AS LONG AS WE ARE CRUISING AND MAKING NOISE WE WILL BE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the cars looked great. I would love to go back to the airport again. You can count me in for the glider ride.
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Victory Red, MN6, Full American racing exhaust system, customized Air Raid CAI, Hurst Billet/Plus 2 shifter, Hotchkis under body brace, 20% window tint, Edlebrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 fuel pump, 82lb injectors tuned by Jeremy Formato
Zmans2ss/rs is offline   Reply With Quote