Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Emblempros
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2014, 11:12 AM   #477
jessrayo
Speed Freak
 
jessrayo's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 Camaro, 2016 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Ardmore, OK
Posts: 2,578
Well the 6th generation Camaro is supposed to be lighter by every account. I say watch what Cadillac finally comes out with on the next CTS-V and you will have a pretty good guess what the next ZL1 power-plant will be. I think they have enough time to bump power up a little in the camaro just like they did the last time.
__________________
2016 SS -AGP twin Borg Warner 7163 EFR's, LT4 mechanical pump, LT4 injectors, Walbro 255 low side, Castrol SRF. 734whp/759 tq

2013 ZL1 -ADM - 427 LSX 6 bolt, O-ringed block built by LME. Twin PT6466 turbos. RPM custom manual trans, RPS Quad carbon clutch, 9" Hendrix rear diff & axles. ADM/squash fuel system, Ron Davis radiator, Spal fans, AGP air to air, turbo plumbing. LPE oil cooler, rear bushing upgrade, roll bar...etc. rwhp 1400+... 212.5mph, best Texas mile to date.
jessrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 12:21 PM   #478
hotlap


 
hotlap's Avatar
 
Drives: 16 2SS A8
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: WI
Posts: 3,727
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
Well the 6th generation Camaro is supposed to be lighter by every account. I say watch what Cadillac finally comes out with on the next CTS-V and you will have a pretty good guess what the next ZL1 power-plant will be. I think they have enough time to bump power up a little in the camaro just like they did the last time.


"....speculation involves what will power the CTS-V. The most common guess is a version of the 6.2-liter supercharged LT4 V8...

"Cadillacís CTS-V prototype comes roaring down the straight towards a sharp right hander, its V8 bellow echoed by the unmistakable high-pitched whine of a supercharger
."

Read more: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2014/07/...#ixzz3A6JnrgkE
__________________
2SS, A8, NPP, MRC, Nightfall Gray, Kalahari, Gray Machine Face Wheels (56R), Blade Spoiler, Black Fascia Extension, Black Hash Mark, Black Bow Ties, Splash Guards, Black Suede Knee Bolsters, Navi, Foot Well Lighting, Black Tail Lights.
12.24@116.47 - 100% stock
hotlap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 07:12 PM   #479
tones2SS


 
tones2SS's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 Roush S3 '16 Ram Sport 4X4
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,100
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotlapZL1 View Post
"....speculation involves what will power the CTS-V. The most common guess is a version of the 6.2-liter supercharged LT4 V8...
"Cadillacís CTS-V prototype comes roaring down the straight towards a sharp right hander, its V8 bellow echoed by the unmistakable high-pitched whine of a supercharger
."
I LOVE it!
__________________
tones2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:45 PM   #480
SS Jett
 
Drives: 2013 ZL1 #17
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 71
Charger is getting the same 707 hp engine.
SS Jett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 01:48 PM   #481
motorhead


 
Drives: POS MOPAR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Overlook hotel
Posts: 10,548
So much for weight being the answer to all our ills. The charger is heavier than the challenger yet faster in the 1/4 and top speed. No substitute for HP and Areo.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:02 PM   #482
MEDISIN

 
MEDISIN's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
Posts: 1,496
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
So much for weight being the answer to all our ills. The charger is heavier than the challenger yet faster in the 1/4 and top speed. No substitute for HP and Areo.
Weight still plays a critical factor as does gearing in terms of straight line acceleration. The Challenger will still be marginally faster than the Charger around a track. 4550lbs is a lot of weight to throw around.

If the next generation V/ZL1 do receive the 650hp LT4 and weigh 4,000lbs or so, it will be a drivers race in the straights vs the Hellcat twins.
__________________
2012 - Present: 2011 CTS-V Sedan, A6, Airaid, Zmax TB and Tune by R.P.M. = 535 hp/503 lb-ft.
2009 - 2012: 2010 2SS RS IBM M6, MGW Shifter, BMR Trailing Arms/Tunnel Brace, Roto-Fab CAI, VMAX Ported TB, Kooks 6511-Complete (Headers, X-Pipe, Mufflers), dyno tuned by R.P.M. = 415 hp/412 lb-ft.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #483
motorhead


 
Drives: POS MOPAR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Overlook hotel
Posts: 10,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
Weight still plays a critical factor as does gearing in terms of straight line acceleration. The Challenger will still be marginally faster than the Charger around a track. 4550lbs is a lot of weight to throw around.

If the next generation V/ZL1 do receive the 650hp LT4 and weigh 4,000lbs or so, it will be a drivers race in the straights vs the Hellcat twins.
No doubt on a road course about weight. I'm really hoping to see a 650hp, 4,000lb car with any name on it come out of the GM camp. That would be a came changer for sure.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 06:50 PM   #484
Taser Deployed

 
Taser Deployed's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 938
It's going to be interesting to see how GM handles this because I believe that Dodge is making everyone change their game plan.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #485
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 4,314
I don't think it changed anything, hopefully the GT500 was all the kick in the pants they needed.
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:35 PM   #486
motorhead


 
Drives: POS MOPAR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Overlook hotel
Posts: 10,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
I don't think it changed anything, hopefully the GT500 was all the kick in the pants they needed.
The game changer is now we get beat by two Dodge products with our ZL1s, and the harder kick in the pants is from a four door sedan. Ouch!
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:43 PM   #487
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 4,314
A four door sedan? Sorry not the same category.
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:52 PM   #488
motorhead


 
Drives: POS MOPAR
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Overlook hotel
Posts: 10,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
A four door sedan? Sorry not the same category.
Yeah, that's what sucks about it. Four door sedans are supposed to be people movers and grocery getters not ZL1 killers.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:29 PM   #489
Drumminxx
 
Drumminxx's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Ohio
Posts: 656
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven59 View Post
A four door sedan? Sorry not the same category.
What category? a four door sedan that kills muscle cars or that it's not your average 4 door sedan?
__________________
Nice car bro!
Drumminxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 08:50 PM   #490
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT
 
Sven59's Avatar
 
Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Tucson AZ
Posts: 4,314
If you include 4 door sedans then why not compare the corvette.
__________________
"DO YOU WANT ME TO PUT THE HAMMER DOWN?"
Sven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.