Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 06-17-2017, 02:16 AM   #1
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Checking catch can question...

Builder recommended changing oil every 3k and checking the catch can at the same interval...Car showed oil at 50%, went ahead and had oil changed (looked good, didn't smell burnt, showed correct level on dip stick)...Checked catch can and had just enough oil on the surface and looked like a light coat of baby oil on the skin...Just wanted an opinion or two regarding the frequency of checking the can and changing the oil...At this point I believe that I would be good to go with the normal intervals...No racing drag/track just and occasional spirited burst...Thanks for any feedback...

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:37 AM   #2
Crash76
Team 913

Drives: '14 ZL1, '15 Jeep GC, ‘22 Ram 2500
Only the pocket book hurts to change the oil more often... ive changed my oil 4x in 6k mi... but i track and have done a cam swap...

Check your catch can whenever you want, now that you know there is next to nothing after 3k mi you really dont have to worry much...

Personally I like to check the engine bay and marvel at all the awesomeness ... i empty the
catch can once or twice a month just cause im there in the bay... during the winter it was all just water vapor that condensed... almost no oil.
Crash76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 03:37 AM   #3
STUNNAH
"BEASTM*DE"

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash76 View Post
Only the pocket book hurts to change the oil more often... ive changed my oil 4x in 6k mi... but i track and have done a cam swap...

Check your catch can whenever you want, now that you know there is next to nothing after 3k mi you really dont have to worry much...

Personally I like to check the engine bay and marvel at all the awesomeness ... i empty the
catch can once or twice a month just cause im there in the bay... during the winter it was all just water vapor that condensed... almost no oil.
Appreciated!!!

STUNNAH is offline   Reply With Quote