Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 07-21-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
No_Quarter

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
From a Mustang owner.

Hello Camaro5.com!

I would just like to say congratulations on the Camaro! I know its been a long wait, but I believe that patience is a virtue. I can't imagine what it was like to see the Camaro axed years ago.

I know there is plenty of animosity between Ford and Chevy, but I hope we can all agree that it isn't the brand that matters, but the history of these cars in America. These are America's cars.

Albeit, a little rivalry is nice, but lets not become divided based on the brand of car we drive. Lets unite and understand that these cars represent our history, our passion, and our future!

Long live American muscle!

Also, visit your local Mustang enthusiast site. We would love to hear about your new car over at themustangsource.com or mustangforums.com.

Thanks for hearing me out friends. Enjoy your car!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:36 AM   #2
pinkcamaro10
2G1FC1EV1A9110079

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS, 2013 2SS/RS 1LE
Send a message via MSN to pinkcamaro10
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Quarter View Post
Hello Camaro5.com!

I would just like to say congratulations on the Camaro! I know its been a long wait, but I believe that patience is a virtue. I can't imagine what it was like to see the Camaro axed years ago.

I know there is plenty of animosity between Ford and Chevy, but I hope we can all agree that it isn't the brand that matters, but the history of these cars in America. These are America's cars.

Albeit, a little rivalry is nice, but lets not become divided based on the brand of car we drive. Lets unite and understand that these cars represent our history, our passion, and our future!

Also, visit your local Mustang enthusiast site. We would love to hear about your new car over at themustangsource.com or mustangforums.com.

good post!
Old 07-21-2008, 11:38 AM   #3
RB43TD
Me Likey My Camaro

Drives: 2010 Victory Red 1LT/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Quarter View Post
Hello Camaro5.com!

Old 07-21-2008, 11:39 AM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
It's so good to have discussion from members of the Mustang community who share our passion for cars in general, not just our own—welcome to the site!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 11:43 AM   #5
No_Quarter

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
It's so good to have discussion from members of the Mustang community who share our passion for cars in general, not just our own—welcome to the site!
Thank you!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:43 PM   #6
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
i think its a friendly rivalry that american muscle car fans have....there is no animosity...I would take a mustang over any japanese sports car
chevydude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:46 PM   #7
jmliptak

Drives: D
The competition makes us BOTH stronger, and the rivarly will help preserve all of these cars....
jmliptak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 12:56 PM   #8
Chogan2200

Drives: 96 Cavalier "Scarlet"
wow....that's something you would never see on a sport compact tuner site like ClubCav.com for example. That would be like a Civic owner coming in and saying hi, just wouldn't happen. I think the rivalry should be kept at a Highschool Football leage level, keeps interests and humor up, and we unite against foreign cars....except for the 350z cause c'mon, you have to admit that's a sexy piece o' ass ride!!! But I think above all, we will stand united as Muscle Car fans.....especially when the Middle East starts making cars.
Chogan2200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #9
Nickdago

Drives: 01 Z06 08 CTS 07 Avy LTZ
Nice!
Nickdago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM   #10
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
This is just the weak enemy pleading for mursey before battle. The king has returned, all hail and bow to your master.

haha jk its us against the ricers, someone pass the teriyaki!
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM   #11
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
Hey, I agree, its all about the history of AMERICAN MUSCLE. I think the Mustang is a good looking car, and would have bought one if GM hadn't decided to bring back my favorite car! This is almost like seeing a Cardinal and Cub fan sitting next to each other discussing baseball peacefully.
Rallysport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 01:22 PM   #12
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Be nice Bentley78 or I will out you for drooling over the Shelby you were staring at this weekend! HA! HA!

Mustang, Camaro, Challeger...it will be good to see them all together on the street again. I for one find the retro Mustang to be a beautiful car. So, after the race (legal) and we are done driving for the day, I will happily sit down with any sports car (er PONY CAR) driver and have a cold one! Just sorry that GM left the party in 2002 and we are just now getting our ride back to join you Mustang guys on the street.
toesuf94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #13
big_dog
Future Z28 Owner.

Drives: Future Camaro Owner
i just went to the mustang source and they were talking about the Z28..and i started thinking... "man...it too bad they are getting rid of that legend called Z28 "

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=470425
big_dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 03:01 PM   #14
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_dog View Post
i just went to the mustang source and they were talking about the Z28..and i started thinking... "man...it too bad they are getting rid of that legend called Z28 "

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=470425
they aren't it's just down the road. it's probably going to be the GT500 killer. Fbodfather stated it was down the road. so. . .it's not dead.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote