Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-16-2012, 02:57 PM   #29
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11BEE View Post
Unions! They can destroy any company given enough time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I thought at first the title was about banned members of C5.....

Seriously, this is another example of why unions have had their day and its time to disband them. Anytime they would rather shut down a company and put 18,000 people out of work over taking a 8% pay cut and keeping everyone working is completely stupid.
See quote below.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
As a supplier to the baking industry, one other major issue facing Hostess/Sweetheart Baking is the age of the plants they use. Most are over 50 years old and very inefficient. The costs of the labor coupled with much needed machinery updates are the main reasons Hostess is where it is at today. It is pretty sad that a company with assets that are paid off cannot afford to update plants due to the costs of labor overwhelming them in a shrinking market. I am sure the names and products will live on...just in a new plant with up to date equipment that will do the work of these plants with a third or less of the people they have now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GbrilliantQ View Post
A one week strike by a few thousand employees of 18000+ total and they shut the place down?

Wow.

Sent from my Galaxy Note
Exactly. There are deeper problems at Hostess and lots not scape goat the unions because they are an easy target.

I'm sure the small union that voted to strike wanted to call hostess' bluff on closing the entire company. They lost. Granted seems stupid to me to risk it, but they voted and now have to live with the consequences.
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:05 PM   #30
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by papawattz View Post
the bright side, less Fat people

You are hilarious....
Old 11-16-2012, 03:52 PM   #31
C5RocksC5
Banned

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have had more than my share of twinkies but can't say I will miss them.
C5RocksC5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #32
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Quote:
Originally Posted by C5RocksC5 View Post
I have had more than my share of twinkies but can't say I will miss them.
I can honestly say that while I enjoyed the occasional Twinkie, Ho Ho, Snoball, or Suzie Q...I have never told myself "That was AWESOME...GIVE ME ANOTHER ONE OF THOSE!!" So, no, I would not miss them.
Old 11-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #33
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I thought Drakes was a separate company, so no more ring dings and yodels either, the world is going to end now, lol
Old 11-16-2012, 04:05 PM   #34
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
Drakes is dead as well, yes.

http://marketdailynews.com/2012/11/1...ad-operations/
Old 11-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #35
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
They are an American Icon. It's almost like when John Wayne died.... No matter if you loved them or hated them you had heard of them...
Old 11-16-2012, 04:07 PM   #36
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Quote:
Originally Posted by toesuf94 View Post
they better not cancel Christmas next
Old 11-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #37
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Worst part is it was one union covering only 30% of the employees that caused this mess. The other 70% wanted to keep their jobs.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM   #38
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
Keep a job at a long-standing American icon and tighten my belt like everyone else and pull my own weight.

Or shut the place down and look confused when no one wants to hire you before those who would of taken a 50% cut to keep a job, any job.
Aren't unions a wonderful thing...
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #39
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by papawattz View Post
Wait until you have ANY issues/problems and see how long OSHA takes to resolve those issues/problems, if you get it resolved at all. OSHA (there is no other orginizations to support workers rights and safety) was started in 1971 mostly for job sites(typically non-union) where contractors and or business owners had no regard for the workers safety! And actually OHSA is just for safety, they can give two S*&ts about your rights! You obviously worked for crappy union shop!
So you're saying OSHA only provides safety inspections, etc. for Union shops? I didn't know that. I thought they had their nose in everyone's business's business.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #40
Mark's SS

Drives: 17 Silverado 2500HD LTZ 4x4 Duramax
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Aren't unions a wonderful thing...
Yes.

Quote:
So you're saying OSHA only provides safety inspections, etc. for Union shops? I didn't know that. I thought they had their nose in everyone's business's business.
OSHA regulates workplace safety and health for all workers, union or not. You would not like your working conditions if they did not exist.
Mark's SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:32 PM   #41
papawattz

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS +2014 El Tigre
Quote:

What? where did I say that I think you need to read it again, my Camaro brother from a different mother
papawattz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 06:34 PM   #42
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Little Debbie will thrive
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote