Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-30-2009, 02:45 AM   #43
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
This is super simple. They want you to get frustrated and walk away so they can make more money. If you buy all of their warranties and take less money for your RSX they will get enough out of you to make it worth their while, if not they want you to go away so they can find a sucker to pay 5k over MSRP for a car that will be pretty common in 6-9 months at 100,000 cars per year with an eventual goal of 300,000 when the economy bounces back.

Good luck and I would use this experience to learn to deal with business on your own rather than having mom pick up the slack. It is a great learning experience to deal with this kinda stuff.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:42 AM   #44
RSm1thX

Drives: 2005 Acura RSX
ok...well most people wanted an email and the only email i have is my salesman which has been sick the whole week...dkelly@mundaychevy.dealerspace.com

well after another day...yes i am young and couldnt take time off from work to make calls so my mom who is a manager as well called places such as the better business bureau...gm...our local news...and we also may try to get a lawyer soon to see if theres really anything we could get on munday...i do have a paper with the agreed upon price at msrp...and they were trying to get more money for something else that was not on the car...

well anyways the dealer got their wish and im never going back to munday or anyother munday ever again...they called at 2pm like they said they would and asked if we still wanted it...i told my mom if they go down on the price (maybe to like 500 instead of 1500 on that BS protection plan) ill get the car if not they can keep it...we did have that non-refundable 2000 deposit and we did get it refunded...thats what made the choice easier...when we went to go pick the check up the camaro was already sold and gone off the showroom floor within 3 hours...this fully shows there are many people with money coming in and throwing money onto the table.

well now im going to go to another dealership...i may just get another car in all...but we called our local dealership and they said they could help us and have a camaro within 6 weeks.

well thanks for all of your comments to help, and good luck to you all.
RSm1thX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:48 AM   #45
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSm1thX View Post
ok...well most people wanted an email and the only email i have is my salesman which has been sick the whole week...dkelly@mundaychevy.dealerspace.com

well after another day...yes i am young and couldnt take time off from work to make calls so my mom who is a manager as well called places such as the better business bureau...gm...our local news...and we also may try to get a lawyer soon to see if theres really anything we could get on munday...i do have a paper with the agreed upon price at msrp...and they were trying to get more money for something else that was not on the car...

well anyways the dealer got their wish and im never going back to munday or anyother munday ever again...they called at 2pm like they said they would and asked if we still wanted it...i told my mom if they go down on the price (maybe to like 500 instead of 1500 on that BS protection plan) ill get the car if not they can keep it...we did have that non-refundable 2000 deposit and we did get it refunded...thats what made the choice easier...when we went to go pick the check up the camaro was already sold and gone off the showroom floor within 3 hours...this fully shows there are many people with money coming in and throwing money onto the table.

well now im going to go to another dealership...i may just get another car in all...but we called our local dealership and they said they could help us and have a camaro within 6 weeks.

I hope those crooks at Munday reap what they sow. I hope the bad press is enough to hurt them financially down the road.. Good luck with the legal battle. Keep us all informed. And let us know what the BBB and the local news decide to do..
Old 05-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #46
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:

Son in the end you're saying that the dealership's plan worked perfectly and they "won".

Sorry to be blunt but you fell right into their trap and now they made a ton of extra money off the sucker who bought it and will be even more tempted to pull this crap on more people.

You just gave them "positive reinforcement" for "negative behavior".
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #47
Melson

Drives: Wild Cherry
Quote:
ok...well most people wanted an email and the

Go to Classic Chevy in Sugarland and they will treat you right and take good care of you......

Mark

2010 RJT 2SS/RS L99 CAMARO
ARH 1 7/8" LT HEADERS W/ HF CATS
MAGNAFLOW 3" COMP EXHAUST
ADM PERFORMANCE CAI
ADM PERFORMANCE CUSTOM TUNE
ADM PERFORMANCE PORTED THROTTLE BODY
ADM PERFORMANCE TRANS COOLER
3.45 GEARS
BMR TRAILING ARMS
Melson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #48
Saving41

Drives: IBM 1SS
Sorry to hear that you had lost your car. I respect your decision to walk away from the dealership and their attemps to extract more money from you.
The good thing that there are great dealers here on the forum. Give them a try. Good luck!
Saving41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:54 PM   #49
RSm1thX

well i know that it may have made the dealer look good in the end...but many of our friends and relatives were telling us that they would walk away from that dealer no matter what the circumstances...many people would have in the end done the same thing i did.

well we will see what happens in the next couple of days to see if we get anything back from the BBB and the news, but for now im looking for a new car...not sure what i want right now though.

i really wanted a camaro but im now considering other cars as i have choices again...

i would appreciate the help on what to get...minus the camaro for now.
...there is the subaru sti...lancer evo...or g35
Old 05-30-2009, 09:15 PM   #50
steviefranchize

Drives: truck
just saw a commercial for munday chevrolet saying they will beat any other dealers prices not match but "beat" other dealers.......they even say "even on the hard to find camaro" in the commercial......made me mad just listening to it....
steviefranchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:46 PM   #51
RSm1thX

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviefranchize View Post
just saw a commercial for munday chevrolet saying they will beat any other dealers prices not match but "beat" other dealers.......they even say "even on the hard to find camaro" in the commercial......made me mad just listening to it....
i call BS!!! (at munday)
Old 05-30-2009, 10:16 PM   #52
FAF

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2008 Tundra
they are BS, I've been there try to deal no deal. Scams only save the time
FAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 10:47 PM   #53
RSm1thX

plus there shouldnt be hard to find camaros...all of the camaros that are at the dealerships should all be those of pre-orders.

it sucks when you pre-order and wait forever for your car to come in and then some rich @ss person comes in to steal your car...damn greed and envy on both the dealer and whoever throws the money on the table.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:22 PM   #54
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Yea Munday has an LS marked at 34 grand. About $15000 more than you can get a base 2010 Mustang with automatic.

Idiots...
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:14 AM   #55
Nova65

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Auto IBM Black Int
call the better business bureau and your local news stations and papers. The bad publicity might get them to straighten their act. I once was given the run around with a rebate on my e-machines pc, and gave the bbb a call, and magically they found my rebate submission and had my rebate in a few days.
Nova65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:46 AM   #56
jking

Drives: Hyundai Sonata
Quote:

Not sure us emailing the salesman with him being out sick will help or not. It doesn't sound like it would make it to the right people. Do others agree? I've never emailed a dealership over something like this before, but after what happened to you and Savings41, I feel compelled to do so.

I am really glad your mother is making phone calls. Please let us know the outcome.

For them to call and say "take it or leave it", again, that was pure and simple blackmail. So you don't take it, and they make more money off someone else a few hours later. Unbelievable how unethical dealerships can be. They could care less that they lost you as a customer; they only saw the dollar signs on the sale of YOUR car.
jking is offline   Reply With Quote