Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Marketplace > Suspension / Chassis / Brakes

View our official forum sponsors list.

Old 04-14-2014, 08:48 AM   #155
mp51998

Drives: Black 2011 2SS/RS
Cant say Thank you enough Dropspeed. I ordered my calipers this morning. I'll order rotors in a couple weeks and then the little stuff. Should have everything I need by end of summer. Good thing we can race year round down here.
mp51998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:26 AM   #156
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Cant say Thank you enough Dropspeed. I ordered my calipers this morning. I'll order rotors in a couple weeks and then the little stuff. Should have everything I need by end of summer. Good thing we can race year round down here.
You are
Old 04-14-2014, 09:50 AM   #157
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Should get my rotors this afternoon, Instead of getting a squared 20" set up... would a 18" setup with some meatier tires work with the fronts?
Old 04-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #158
mp51998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
Should get my rotors this afternoon, Instead of getting a squared 20" set up... would a 18" setup with some meatier tires work with the fronts?
I believe square is square. The only difference is that you get more tire selection with the 18's over the 20's. Also you will need to make sure you have caliper clearence. I've seen guys have to grind the LCA bolts or caliper tabs to clear 18's. Eventually I'll be going with a 19".
Old 04-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #159
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
Speaking of square set up. I was wondering what is lighter. Suppose you have a wheel/tire combo in 19" and 20" with the exact same overall dimensions. Assume that you have the lightest or at least pretty light wheel the tire isn't really controllable as far as weight is concerned. What are we talking about in weight savings? Also you have more sidewall to squirm on the 19".

I wonder if the 19" is necessarily the better option.

This of course is all in a road course scenario, the rules are different for 1/4 mile...

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk
Old 04-14-2014, 03:24 PM   #160
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
The Z28 tire height is 26.2 with 19 inch tires and 30 sidewall. So it has even less side wall then the 1le or ZL1. But it has a lower center of gravity for for track benefits of course.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #161
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Are the amazon ac delco parts real Brembo's or are they something else?

In other words if I bought a stock CTS-V, would this be the same caliper?
Old 04-14-2014, 04:55 PM   #162
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Rotors from Brake Performance arrived today. I'll post in this thread again once I get them installed or if there are any issues that come up.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #163
C-redfly

Drives: 2013 VR vert ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
Are the amazon ac delco parts real Brembo's or are they something else?

In other words if I bought a stock CTS-V, would this be the same caliper?
Yea oem parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
Rotors from Brake Performance arrived today. I'll post in this thread again once I get them installed or if there are any issues that come up.
They look great. Can't wait for the install pics

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
C-redfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:57 PM   #164
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powhusku View Post
How much were they? Tried looking them up but their site says not available.
Old 04-15-2014, 07:58 AM   #165
mp51998

Those are one piece? I'm trying to find a two piece for the rear that would match the AC Delco two piece listed on the first page. Racing Brake has them but their $1300 a pair and are slotted. DBAs don't look like two piece. If I could find all four for the prices listed on Amazon that'd be great. Point of this thread is to save money yet gain performance right?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #166
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
How much were they? Tried looking them up but their site says not available.
$281 for the front CTS-V rotors RB-62128 (pair)
$201 for the rear SS rotors RB-62119 (pair)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp51998 View Post
Those are one piece? I'm trying to find a two piece for the rear that would match the AC Delco two piece listed on the first page. Racing Brake has them but their $1300 a pair and are slotted. DBAs don't look like two piece. If I could find all four for the prices listed on Amazon that'd be great. Point of this thread is to save money yet gain performance right?
Yeah they're one piece. I searched high and low for any drilled/slotted/dimpled/ect rotors that would fit our setup and pretty much no one makes them. Thats why I had to pair the CTS-V front rotors with SS rear rotors. I found one other company and their warranty sucked. I'm pretty certain that if you want two piece, you're stuck with Racing Brake or the AlDelco ones.

For the Brake Performance rotors, the fronts weigh 25.35 lbs, and the rears weigh 24.05 lbs.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #167
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Yes

Common Racer VS. Engineer debate......E: "On paper it should do X" R: "But on the track it is doing this" I am a driver first with an engineering backround that works in sales Many years ago I stopped worrying about the how/why and focused on the what if felt like on track.....A real driver can tell when something works and when it doesn't. Lap times are the only confirmation I need.

I am not doing this for 60-0 or 100-0 one hit wonders. I want larger area for heat dissipation, improved cooling and large swept area. I am doing this for repeatability on track for 20+ minutes session. I need the sames results on the 3 lap and the 15th lap.

I do not know the delta in length as I don't have my lines yet. I can measure when received and report back.

Great, thanks for posting....

Yes the 2 piece rotor is heavy than the dual cast....But the way the dual cast is made it allows cool air to escape from the openings if brake ducts are used, the veins are not directional and sections of the veins are blocked by design. 2 piece is better for the track.

Mat
I too have an engineering background and experience will only take you so far as to gauge "how better". I guess its just my six sigma black belt experience also, theres always a way to measure if better or not with use of multiple samples. I have proven to experienced engineers/operators time and time again that sometimes their changes were insignificant or not able to get ROI on changes made. Only difficulty for cars is trying to replicate test with all variables remaining constant. I should have done a design of experiments on this while taking the black belt certification lol. I will keep an eye out on further post, always loved 6 piston ctsv's I just never thought it would be this cheap for the upgrade! I'll aim for November or December for this upgrade.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers

Last edited by lbheat; 04-16-2014 at 07:20 AM.
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #168
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by 130R View Post
When you get those bolts can you measure the length of them?
Just got the bolts.

They are 2 3/4" long with a stem length of 2 1/4". They do fit the CTS/V calipers and are coated with some locking substance on about 1 inch from the ends.

These are the last piece of my brake upgrade puzzle. Once my car comes back from the shop I need to solve my hood vent drainage problem. Next comes the brakes.