Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 PM   #1
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Is what I bought ok?

I've been going through these threads trying to find the best stuff to get in washing your car, waxing and shining. I looooove my car and I am also a tad lazy. I don't see myself outside for 6 hours washing/waxing my car. 1-2 hrs is what I end up doing usually on washing and drying (when I do it). I've had my car a week now. Last night it was dusty/dirty so I thought, hey I'll spray the dirt off with the hose and wash it tomorrow... That was my Carlos Mencia "Dee Dee Dee" moment...

Houston has some really nasty hard water... so I drove to Autozone (couldn't see myself parking my Camaro in the Walmart Parking Lot without someone waiting on my car).

Here's what I bought:
-Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover Spray

-AutoZone Microfiber Auto Cloths
-AutoZone Microfiber Applicator Pads
-Turtle Wax Ice Car Wash

-Turtle Wax ICE Synthetic Liquid Polish

-Turtle Wax Ice Synthetic Spray Detailer

-Rain-X Weatherbeater

I was going to use all that stuff in the order they are listed. Is this good stuff? Am I doing it right? I plan on washing it late this evening as the sun goes down and it's not as hot out.
I do want to eventually use Zaino. I've never really waxed before... Bought stuff in the past and only used it once (i posted before that I never used it, but I looked at the pad on the buffer and saw it was dirty... musta used it, or maybe Sancho did while i was TDY hahahahah).

I guess I should add, I park my baby in the Garage.
Thanks for your guys' help/replies/input/....and flames

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php

Last edited by broncosman; 08-20-2009 at 03:23 PM.
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 07:14 PM   #2
Timberline

Drives: 2010 SS/RS,LS3,M6,VR
Those products will work just fine.

I personally have not used the Turtlewax bug & tar remover but I am sure it is good stuff. You will find that the spray detailer will also remove bugs and light tar. Keep the spray detailer and a couple of micro fiber cloths in the trunk if you want to get the bugs off during a road trip.