Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-30-2008, 05:11 PM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
Buying the Camaro from factory/ Anti gouging

There are two topics to this thread

Is it possible to buy a camaro straight out of the factory at MSRP or maybe lower at a dealer price?

Is there anything we can do to stop gouging

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 05:38 PM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
No. You can not buy from the factory.

The only way to get a lower price is to shop around or have a discount (and there are many).

Yes...we can stop the gouging. We just don't buy and hold off until they are FORCED to lower their prices.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Yes but its such a sweet car. It sucks to wait. Who am I kidding I am waiting.
Old 07-30-2008, 08:45 PM   #4
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I checked out a black Challenger SRT8 the other day at a local dealer. I have to admit, in person it's a GREAT looking vehicle. Much better than in pics.

The MSRP was about $42,000. But next to that sticker the dealer had added another one with the MSRP + 'ADMU' of $15,000.

And that was just the one they had left. The guy said they'd already sold the orange one.

That let me know I'd never buy from that dealership in the future...

What can I say other than 'a fool and his money...'
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:12 PM   #5
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
unless GM flood the market with maros from the bat, there are going to be gouging everywere

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 09:23 PM   #6
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
It's been discussed countless times - there are federal franchise laws in the United States that prohibit you from being able to buy a car directly from the manufacturer. I dissagree with them, but they are laws and there's nothing we can do about it.

What we can all do, as one big Camaro family, is each and every one of us refuse to pay a dime over sticker for even a fully loaded SS in the most rare of colors. Of course, there are those with more money than brains, and they will ruin it for the rest of us - unless you find a dealer that will NOT gouge, and there are a few out there. Two of them have associates who post on this forum regularly.

Do your homework, be patient, and we'll all be allright.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:32 PM   #7
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Odds are the laws are the same in Canada. I'd love to be able to pick it up at the factory though. I can dream . . .

As far as stopping the gouging, post said stealerships in the appropriate the gouging thread, and if you happen to find a good dealership that sells at or below msrp, post that too. Not a whole lot we can do except give bad dealers bad names.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 10:44 PM   #8
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Keep dreaming. The fact of the matter is there are more people willing and able to buy a Camaro at MRSP or more the minute they become available. In today's "I gotta have it and I gotta have it now" society, it would be a downright miracle if you could get more than a few hundred people to hold out on buying a Camaro.

It happened with the Mustang GT when the S197 platform became available, it happened with the Z06 Corvette, the Challenger, the GT500, the GTR, etc. Somehow I get the feeling that most of the people who are complaining the most about what it is going to take to get into one of these cars when they are first released probably would be getting in over their head financially even if they were able to get it for under MSRP.
garagelogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:37 PM   #9
80Zedder
Cheif Pounderhard

Drives: 80camaro/Avalanche/srt8charger
Actually boys, you can buy directly from the Factory, at deep discounted prices. You just have to work there to get into the employee garage ;O)
80Zedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 01:53 PM   #10
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastball View Post
It's been discussed countless times - there are federal franchise laws in the United States that prohibit you from being able to buy a car directly from the manufacturer. I dissagree with them, but they are laws and there's nothing we can do about it.

What we can all do, as one big Camaro family, is each and every one of us refuse to pay a dime over sticker for even a fully loaded SS in the most rare of colors. Of course, there are those with more money than brains, and they will ruin it for the rest of us - unless you find a dealer that will NOT gouge, and there are a few out there. Two of them have associates who post on this forum regularly.

Do your homework, be patient, and we'll all be allright.
Well, GM doesn't have to let those contracts renew to those franchises that gouge and problem solved.
Supermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:15 PM   #11
69copo
Sorry officer

Drives: CTS/V 2SS/RS Collector
Send a message via Yahoo to 69copo
Factory Delivery??

Does anyone know of or heard anything about factory delivery? I think that would be a great experience to go get a camaro right of the line. They do it for the Vett. Any ideas F-Bod?
Old 08-02-2008, 02:20 PM   #12
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5661

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM   #13
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Do they gouge on Saturns with their pricing structure?

Factory delivery and bypassing the gouging dealers? AWESOME!

They could set a new standard way of doing business!

Cut out the middle-man!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #14
fastball
Banned

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Do they gouge on Saturns with their pricing structure?
No.

When the Solstice came out, people were paying 5-7k over sticker at Pontiac dealers.

Then the Sky came out (which the better looking of the two IMO), and someone I used to work with was one of the first people to get on the ordering list. He ordered a RedLine manual trans. in metallic blue with black interior, and ordered the options exactly how he wanted them. The car came in and he paid not a dime over sticker, no haggling, no discussions.

To me, the folks who paid over sticker for the Solstice were fools and deserved to loose all their money.

I wouldn't have a problem paying sticker if GM moved to make their entire dealer network, in all divisions (Saturn, Cadillac, Chevy, BPG, Saab) 100% no haggle, pay whats on the window.
fastball is offline   Reply With Quote