Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
Austin45
The Logistician

Drives: 2012 LFX 45th Anniversary
Showstopper Vs. Oracle LED Side Markers?

I want to get LED side markers but I'm unsure as to which are better. I've searched and really haven't found a definitive answer.

I don't care about having them painted or tinted or anything like that, I'm curious as to which is better quality. The showstopper is $350 (I will be keeping my OEM side markers so I will not be getting the $100 discount) compared to the AAC which is $188.95.

If the AAC are 90% of the quality for half the price I'd rather go that route, but if the showstopper has a much higher quality then I'd rather go with them. Opinions? Suggestions?
Old 05-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Showstopper. Definitely.

Since AAC creates their own sidemarker housing, the clips tend to break easily because they are weak.

Another thing, in case you care, the showstopper's are technically legal because they retain the reflective aspect of the sidemarker if you don't go ghosted. Another thing is the more yellow look of the front leds of the showstopper ones. You're likely to get harassed a lot less with the more yellow look in front and the clear red in the back as opposed to the orange in front and red in rear of AAC. Just do a quick search and see for yourself what you find about them.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Monchy36
ZLT!!! COTW (8/5/13)

Drives: 2011 IOM 1LT RS M6
Both are good, reviews point that Showstopper are better quality... I have AAC that I bought from another member since November and so far they good! And ACC the LED is on top, Showstopper the LED is line up with the car lines... Most people here are going to said go with showstoppers... I hope this help...

Last edited by Monchy36; 05-03-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Monchy36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:10 PM   #4
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
I have AAC tinted ones and I love them. I personally didn't like the look of the showstoppers, which is why I went with AAC. I have had no problems with mine at all! I have had to uninstall them two different times because of a wiring issue I had (not caused by the sidemarkers) and have had no issues with broken clips or housing. I'd highly recommend them
Old 05-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #5
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I have AAC tinted ones and I love them. I personally didn't like the look of the showstoppers, which is why I went with AAC. I have had no problems with mine at all! I have had to uninstall them two different times because of a wiring issue I had (not caused by the sidemarkers) and have had no issues with broken clips or housing. I'd highly recommend them
First I heard of the AAC being illegal, I guess I never really thought about it, or looked into it.

I suppose it makes sense..

I wanted to get the black ghosted ones to match my black camaro, but if they are illegal, I'd rather not have another reason to get pulled over. LOL.
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Forcer

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
i have showstopper myself, i read the reviews before i bought them, i love AAC i have their halos and after burners but i heard bad things about the side markers so i went with show stopper and couldnt be happier with quality.
Forcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #7
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280808

stay as far away from AAC as humanly possible!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
AAC is good. We have had pretty good luck, but every company is going to have the occasional failure; especially with lighting products. They are usually really good about honoring warranty claims and fixing problems though.

You know what they say though, one happy customer may tell a few people, but a bad review generally reaches 100's.

Feel free to call, PM or email me anytime with questions. We are a dealer for AAC/Oracle and I personally think their side markers are a great product.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:37 PM   #9
cadyshac
It's in the hole!

Drives: '11 2SS L99 SGM, '18 2SS, M6, HWSE
I have AAC/Oracle ghosted LED sidemarkers, one year old, no problems, look great, work as advertised!
cadyshac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
AAC is an extremely shady company and has been caught lying numerous of times. I would show you, but I would probabaly be banned. Anytime some speaks out against them they seem to "disappear". I do not trust AAC. And the Showstopper's follow the lines of the car, are better quality and are legal because they keep the reflective strip.

The price gap is worth it for piece of mind.
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #11
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
I'm not a AAC fan boy, and I've had my fair share of bad side markers and CCFL afterburner halo inverter replacements. I have seen some Showstopper side markers that have come apart and burned out LEDs so keep in mind they aren't perfect them selfs. I will agree that I have been pulled over and questioned by a patrol officer about the front AAC side marker color not being legal. If it continues to happen I'll look into changing over to Showstopper side markers.
Old 05-03-2013, 06:32 PM   #12
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Love my AAC markers, seen a few showstoppers markers in person and imo the aac look better. good luck op
Old 05-03-2013, 07:43 PM   #13
showstopper

Drives: 2010 RS/SS
Shoot me a pm if you have any questions. We are running a sale right now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
showstopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
It's your choice! Love My Ghosted sidemarkers!