Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-16-2013, 09:45 PM   #15
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I guess you can't tell the difference.
Old 06-16-2013, 09:53 PM   #16
d4rknezz

Drives: Camaro LT RS
No...I am just a normal driver - so I dont ask much from my car - I can't tell the difference in ride, and honestly that first 6 months i'm just getting reacquainted to driving stick and all the blind spots.
Any kind of sliding that happens in corners i just chalk it up to what seems to be normal for a heavy rear wheel car? >_<.

Now that I know it was because the tire was rotated, i googled several other cases of tire rotation for a camaro. Someone mentioned tie rod ends, cv and front suspension ball joints in a different forum. Should I have these checked tomorrow?
d4rknezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
lawdog

Drives: 2010 SSII w RS & Sunroof Yellow
They rotated your tires !?!?
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:57 PM   #18
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Like the others has stated just have them rotated. Putting the 275x40 in the front does not harm the Camaro. I have 275x40x20 on all 4.
My dealer did the same thing but I do not call any one a idiot. Mistakes happens. I am sure every that is calling people have made a mistake so I guess they are idiots.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:00 PM   #19
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
If the dealership rotated your tires, then you need to take it back, get them to fix it and then find a new dealership and never ever go back to the one who rotated your tires!

Yes mistakes happen, but how on earth can you not notice when you are taking 245 off the front and 275 of the back?! If they can't even get that right then there's no hope for them.

In this case the below emoticon is unfortunately perfect...

Old 06-16-2013, 10:20 PM   #20
d4rknezz

Drives: Camaro LT RS
Well, they are quite nice to me, but yeah - a little disappointed here. What happens to warranties and all that stuff if I go to a different dealer? Do they just look up my record, take over any warranty claim if i ever have one, etc? This is my first car - I kind of thought that i can only deal warranty with the dealer I bought it from? I never had to fill in a camaro warranty card afterall.
d4rknezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:22 PM   #21
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4rknezz View Post
Well, they are quite nice to me, but yeah - a little disappointed here. What happens to warranties and all that stuff if I go to a different dealer? Do they just look up my record, take over any warranty claim if i ever have one, etc? This is my first car - I kind of thought that i can only deal warranty with the dealer I bought it from? I never had to fill in a camaro warranty card afterall.
Pick a Chevy dealer any dealer, use more than one if you like. They are all supposed to honor your warranty work.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #22
Caddyroger

Quote:
You can take to any GM dealer for warranty work.
I still take my Camaro to the same dealer that I bought it from. N problems except for the the first on
Old 06-16-2013, 10:27 PM   #23
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
If the dealership rotated your tires, then you need to take it back, get them to fix it and then find a new dealership and never ever go back to the one who rotated your tires!

Yes mistakes happen, but how on earth can you not notice when you are taking 245 off the front and 275 of the back?! If they can't even get that right then there's no hope for them.

In this case the below emoticon is unfortunately perfect...

I still Take my camaro to same dealer. Have you ever made a mistake before?
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #24
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Another piece of advice.....the rear wheels are wider than the fronts. Front wheels are 20"x8" and rears are 20"x9". This is why the rear tires are wider (275) compared to the front tires.
Hopefully someone didn't separate the tires from the wheels and install your 275 tires on the narrow 20x8 front wheels. 275's are not recommended on a 8" wide wheel. I don't think this is the case though. If so, your dealer made the car a serious safety hazard.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 PM   #25
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
You have to do "warranty repairs" with the dealer (things that break while under warranty), but you can have your regularly scheduled maintenance (tire rotation, engine oil changes, coolant flush, etc.) performed anywhere you want. You can even do the maintenance yourself, if you are so inclined. In either case, just keep good records (date, mileage, work performed, parts used), and keep your receipts. Be sure everything is done to spec, such as the correct engine oil as specified in your owner's manual, etc. It's pretty simple really. You can save yourself a lot of money, too.

I wouldn't go back to this dealer. They are supposed to know all about Camaros, including the fact that you can not rotate the wheel-tire assemblies front to rear when they are of different sizes.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:41 PM   #26
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
I still Take my camaro to same dealer. Have you ever made a mistake before?
Of course I have.

But I've never rotated tires that are different sizes because that is just downright stupid
Old 06-16-2013, 10:53 PM   #27
Caddyroger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Of course I have.

But I've never rotated tires that are different sizes because that is just downright stupid
Then by your thinking you are an idiot. How many cars has staggered wheels like the Camaro. Do you think the kids that do oil changes tire rotation have any training at it. They probably was just taught how to use the tire machines. To the person doing job it just another car like the Cruze and Caddilac fords toyotas. I worked at the GM poletown plant. I do not what size tires or if it was a v8. Hell I do not even know how to work the radio. The only thing I could tell you is the paint code because that what I did paint or paint repair.
Now if this was a mechanic like the one at Chuck Nash Chevrolet I still do not think he is a Idiot but my Camaro would not go their again.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:02 PM   #28
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Then by your thinking you are an idiot. How many cars has staggered wheels like the Camaro. Do you think the kids that do oil changes tire rotation have any training at it. They probably was just taught how to use the tire machines. To the person doing job it just another car like the Cruze and Caddilac fords toyotas. I worked at the GM poletown plant. I do not what size tires or if it was a v8. Hell I do not even know how to work the radio. The only thing I could tell you is the paint code because that what I did paint or paint repair
I would like to think that the people we are paying to work on our cars have been trained to do the job they have been tasked with correctly.

I would also like to think that they can read the numbers on the side of the tires that clearly state the size, and that they would have enough common sense to know that 275 and 245 are different.

But what do I know, I'm just an idiot