Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Bee Bee is Back!!!

Well the independent body shop finished fixing my car today. All new lower plastic on the door panels and backseat area. New passenger bottom seat cover. New drivers side Chevrolet Door Seal logo and dent repaired.

Now to clean my WeatherTech Mats and get them back in.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:09 PM   #2
csjcsj

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 6spd
Old 06-08-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy

Glad to hear your ride is back in order Scott!
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #4
Scott@Bjorn3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by csjcsj View Post
Why pictures? Now she looks like a Camaro should. Before lots of nicks, cuts and dent in her.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:59 PM   #5
GTAwheelman

Drives: 1985 Camaro Sport Coupe
whats the back story?
GTAwheelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #6
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
Nice to that you are ridin' in style again Scott, as you should
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:32 AM   #7
Scott@Bjorn3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAwheelman View Post
whats the back story?
Took her in last year for the A/C not draining. I mean middle of summer and not a drop of water under the car. Took a copy of the TSB in with me. They have the car for half a day and say it is fine. Well all summer long last year not a drop of water under the car.

So this year I am driving the car and it starts smelling musty. After a week of this I pull up one of the WeatherTech floor mats and it is wet under the entire passenger mat. It is wet under the back passenger mat and wet under the drivers mat. So I go and take the car back to the dealer and they tell me they will have to take the inside of may car apart and take all the carpet out and shampoo it and dry it and then fix the A/C drain.

So I say to myself oh shit they are going to mess up my car. Well 3 days later they call me and tell me she is done. I check the outside body for dents and do not see any. So I drive her home, on the way home I notice a small nick in the passenger side dash and say damn. The get out of the car and decide I better see if there are any other nicks. Well low and behold all the plastics in the front and back on both passenger and drivers side are gouged, nicked and scratched. Even the rear seat plastics. Then notice a slit cut in the passenger seat leather. Then to top it off the Chevrolet logo on the drivers side is scrathed and nicked. I then go to rub it and say WTF as I feel a big butt dent under the logo.

So needless to say very MAD. Go back and talk to GM at dealer. She says they will fix it and order all the parts. Only part they can not fix is small dot size nick in dash.

My point is this, now this dealer is out a ton of money for parts and labor of a external body shop now doing the work, I did not want the dealer to touch it again for this. If they would of just listened to me last year this would not of been an issue. They give me the story since the carpet was not wet last year like the TSB said GM would not of paid them for the warranty work so basically the did nothing to the car to fix the A/C.

Well guess what, GM is not paying them for messing up my car. So if they would of listened to me and just fixed it right the first time they would not be out of this money. The thing that really makes me mad is why did not the service manager check the work on the car when it was done and look at it to make sure there was no damage? If he would of called me a said Scott you car is done but the mechanics messed up some parts and we are going to correct this I would of been upset she was hurt but not MAD as I am for being sent home with her like she was ok.

Needless to say my wife is now mad at this dealer as am I. She said she had never seen me cry over one of my cars before until the day I took the car home with all the damage. We where going to get Stephs car from them and maybe a vert SS for Kathie from them but not now. We may calm down over time but we both felt betrayed right now.

Now for more interesting with recirculate on still no water under the car. Maybe it drips but I sure do not see it. With it off she is dripping on both sides of the transmission pretty good, big puddle in garage in under 5 minutes. Before she was fixed she would do the same thing except with recirculate off it would take 20 minutes of running for a wet spot the size of a silver dollar to be made under the car.

Oh well there is the story.