Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Hurst Shifters
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Off-topic Discussions Discuss any off-topic subjects with other members.

Old 07-24-2014, 10:07 PM   #6151
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS LS3
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
lame

Borla S Cat-Back, PFADT Tri-Y Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC Goodies
Dirtdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:15 PM   #6152
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes fast ss View Post
Your reg gives no such info.
I'm not sure where the info is, but we were told at our CCW class that as soon as the officer pulls up our info in the computer, it shows that we're a permit holder. They do know. Here in OH, if we're ever pulled over, we're supposed to inform the LEO immediately, which I have no problem doing.

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:23 PM   #6153
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLOW 1 of Only 28
Little old Lady Driving a Red Camaro Convertible is pulled over for speeding. She shows her CCW/Driver Lic and the officer ask's do you have any firearms with you. She says yes I have a 45 automatic in my purse. I have a 357 in the center console and in the glove box I have a 38 snub nose revolver. The officer a little shocked ask's what are you so afraid of She smiled and said I'm not afraid of a Darn thing sonny. LOL Old joke

skipinminn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 10:25 PM   #6154
skipinminn
Chiquita

Drives: 2013 1LE/1SS YELLOW 1 of Only 28
^5

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
I'm not sure where the info is, but we were told at our CCW class that as soon as the officer pulls up our info in the computer, it shows that we're a permit holder. They do know. Here in OH, if we're ever pulled over, we're supposed to inform the LEO immediately, which I have no problem doing.
Cops hate suprises him knowing first hand makes me have a better day

skipinminn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #6155
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
I carry my Sig p238 and 2 magazines on my hip daily but... sometimes when I go to Atlanta I also have a KelTec su16c behind the passengers seat and a Saiga 12 w/20 round drum alternating 00 Buck and slug in the trunk for S&Gs!

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:06 AM   #6156
tw78911sc

Drives: 14 1SS Camaro 1LE, NPP, Recaros
Seriously, it takes two seconds for them to know everything there is about the person on the reg. All CCW classes will tell you to immediately announce if you have a firearm in the car and where it is. The issue is that I have experienced routine stops with LEO with the hand on their side arm as they approach the car before asking any questions. It is scary, because you know they are. Instead of having a lower element of concerned it is higher.

Quote:
tw78911sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:46 AM   #6157
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
Be aware that now you are a CCW holder, everytime you get pulled over, the LEO know it when they run you plate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw78911sc View Post
Seriously, it takes two seconds for them to know everything there is about the person on the reg.
Quote:
Sorry man but Mike's right. In NC, neither your reg nor your license plate reflects that you have a CC.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:37 AM   #6158
Trob85
Svt lol

Drives: 2011 ss inferno orange blown
I carry a snub nose 38 in both my cars. Only carry a handgun to keep alive long enough to make it to my rifle.
Old 07-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #6159
kalimus

Drives: '14 Z51 3LT Stingray and '13 Cruze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Software Guy View Post
Not in every state. It is getting that way in NY but they actually do NOT have the right to ask you if you have a firearm on you/ in the car just because you have a permit to carry concealed or not. Cops do NOT have the right to harass you.

That said, If did have it in the car I would most certainly tell them. Especially the way I drive!
I would not tell them if I was not required, and I don't think you should have to period. All it takes is to get pulled over by one of the many police officers that think citizens should not have a right to carry for them to treat you differently.

Additionally, if you're pulled over for something like speeding, they have no reason to know you're carrying. The only time where I would tell an officer I was carrying is in the unlikely event that I need to "step out of the car".

"What is a moderate interpretation of the text? Halfway between what it really means and what you'd like it to mean?" -Antonin Scalia

"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box."
kalimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #6160
IH8OPEC
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Drives: 2010 VR 2SS/RS L99
I don't get stopped so I don't worry about telling them! But if I did I'd tell them where and what was in the car out of courtesy, hell they may be in enough awe to just let me go! LMAO

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist ". - Unknown Author

Last edited by IH8OPEC; 07-25-2014 at 09:39 AM. Reason: Typo
IH8OPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 01:25 PM   #6161
Bhobbs

Drives: 1998 Camaro Z28, 1970 Chevelle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burn Notice24 View Post
It's sad because of what? If I was a police officer and pulling someone over who I knew had a gun, I would be very cautious. You never know who has anger management or something else that could cause them to possibly get violent. If you don't like that treatment, don't carry a gun. I'm usually anti cop, but in this case, I see no problem with them watching out for there own life. It's not hurting you, but it could be saving them.
Would you be on high alert with other cops around? How about if you were inside the police station? Would be on high alert every time your partner got in the car with you?
Bhobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 02:38 PM   #6162
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Anyone notice LEOs "going easy" on you due to your CCW permit. For example, letting you off with a warning instead of a ticket?

E.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #6163
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Car Lover View Post
Umm, moved to firearms section?

In mASSachusetts you can't drive with a box cutter in the trunk so all this is lost on me
No problems driving with my pistol on me in MA. Class A high Capacity license to carry firearms, no restrictions.
One of the reasons I got my Camaro was that my new rifle would fit in the trunk

The thing about MA is that the chief LEO in your town can decide if you fully get a right. In Boston: I had a Class A high capacity license to carry firearms...with a restriction. Very very few in Boston have 'no restrictions'. But even then I could drive around with a firearm secured properly in the trunk so long as I was going to or from the range.

I move to Canton, talk to the LT at the station, explain I've been a safe and reliable firearms owner and my pistol doesn't make me a cop, it's just better to have it under my direct control, and she interviews me, and then says "OK, I'll remove the restriction".

Where's the consistency? In Boston I wanted them to know I had firearms but I'm treated as if I'm about to become a criminal. In Canton I wanted them to know I had firearms and they treated me like a responsible adult with rights. The license is from Massachusetts, not Boston or Canton. So what's the deal with the inconsistencies? In my opinion it's 100% because of politics but I won't get into that here...

But you know in Boston, I qualified on the BPD range at Moon Island. Every single cop there, and there were maybe seven, was encouraging, supportive, and happy that I shot well and shot safely. I thought they were going to take me out for beers after the shift. They were all great and it was a fun day. Go figure!
Old 07-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #6164
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalimus View Post
I would not tell them if I was not required, and I don't think you should have to period. All it takes is to get pulled over by one of the many police officers that think citizens should not have a right to carry for them to treat you differently.

Additionally, if you're pulled over for something like speeding, they have no reason to know you're carrying. The only time where I would tell an officer I was carrying is in the unlikely event that I need to "step out of the car".
Sadly this is good advise!

Wow I did not know there was a firearm section.........
Tenring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #6165
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

In some locales it is quite advisable to inform the policeman up front. Some places feel that they require it.
Old 07-25-2014, 08:10 PM   #6166
Muscle Car Lover

Drives: 2014 2SS M6 "CHRISTINE"
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
No problems driving with my pistol on me in MA. Class A high Capacity license to carry firearms, no restrictions.
One of the reasons I got my Camaro was that my new rifle would fit in the trunk

The thing about MA is that the chief LEO in your town can decide if you fully get a right. In Boston: I had a Class A high capacity license to carry firearms...with a restriction. Very very few in Boston have 'no restrictions'. But even then I could drive around with a firearm secured properly in the trunk so long as I was going to or from the range.

I move to Canton, talk to the LT at the station, explain I've been a safe and reliable firearms owner and my pistol doesn't make me a cop, it's just better to have it under my direct control, and she interviews me, and then says "OK, I'll remove the restriction".

Where's the consistency? In Boston I wanted them to know I had firearms but I'm treated as if I'm about to become a criminal. In Canton I wanted them to know I had firearms and they treated me like a responsible adult with rights. The license is from Massachusetts, not Boston or Canton. So what's the deal with the inconsistencies? In my opinion it's 100% because of politics but I won't get into that here...

But you know in Boston, I qualified on the BPD range at Moon Island. Every single cop there, and there were maybe seven, was encouraging, supportive, and happy that I shot well and shot safely. I thought they were going to take me out for beers after the shift. They were all great and it was a fun day. Go figure!
A while back I looked into getting a license in mASS for just a rifle (maybe 30/30) and a shotgun but the process seemed crazy for the license. Maybe with your advice I can revisit that.
Muscle Car Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 08:27 PM   #6167
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

I would also advise trying for the Class A large cap. It allows rifles of course, but asking for a license to have a rifle- the good old FID card- means "please limit me"
Old 07-25-2014, 09:29 PM   #6168
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS "Hot Blown Six"
just set up a gun trust

2012 LS M6,ZL1Brakes, OEM Foglights (BCM Flashed for Fogs),4 Pack Guages, Factory Reproduction Wheels,Nitto NT05 tires 275/315 stagger, Leather OEM Steering Wheel,Hurst Shifter, GM Hurst Leather Shifter knob,OEM Leather Console top,Carbon Fiber Stripe Package,Emblems with Carbon overlays, ZL1 Grill,LSR Stage 4 susp,1LE Strut Brace, SOLO Cats and Exhaust, 1LE Struts/shocks, IPF Supercharger-Redline Motorsports, FSP Tuning
sycraft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 06:41 AM   #6169
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2014 AGM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
Anyone notice LEOs "going easy" on you due to your CCW permit. For example, letting you off with a warning instead of a ticket?
Yes. Being polite and honest upfront helps too.

2014 AGM 2SS/RS, L99 A6, K&N Drop in, G5CR Cold Air Intake with Heat Shield, Window Tint, Carbon Fiber Bowtie overlays...

Notice: Use Overdrive During High Speed Pursuit!
Demon War Horse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #6170
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
just set up a gun trust
The feds changed a bunch of laws and put a ton of restrictions on new gun trusts that took effect at the beginning of the year. Setting up a gun trust is no longer a feasible option for individuals like it use to be.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 07:53 AM   #6171
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
I have asked many. Mass Leo's in they want to be informed that I am carrying when pulled over. Everyone that I have asked all told me no they did not want to know.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
AFTER DETAIL PICS
Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:15 PM   #6172
Tenring

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS - SIM
You could say as the officer is walking up to the car, in a loud voice, I HAVE A GUN!
Tenring is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 03:54 PM   #6173
GroundhogSS

Drives: '08 Envoy Denali, '06 G35 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenring View Post
You could say as the officer is walking up to the car, in a loud voice, I HAVE A GUN!
"..and I know how to use it."

Tags
camaro gun