Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-19-2011, 10:32 PM   #29
Padre
Only drives on Sundays

Drives: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC NGray
Wishing you the best. Serenity is a great gift many take for granted, may you receive it day by day.

Fr. Paul

OLD HOTNESS: The "Heretic": '11 2SS/RS L99 A6 Black/Inferno. Build Journal, Videos
D1SC GT9 JBA-LT = 720/680 | 10.330 @ 133.61, 1.546 sixty... Camaro King at ECS V, Darlington.
NEW HOTNESS: '16 2SS A8 NPP MRC. Bone Stock, 1/8th: 8.051 @ 89.44, 1.919
Padre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 10:52 PM   #30
Moriartii

Drives: 11 IOM 2SS/RS M6 w/Hurst
I too have been somewhat where you are, DUI and jail. Of my own accord I decided to be sober and have so for the last 6 months since I found myself starting on the path to getting in trouble again.

I am sad you had to hit three DUI's and find yourself in a ditch blacked out to begin to figure things out. I made my realization after one DUI and a night in jail.

I am glad you are figuring things out and becoming better for it. Things will suck and jail time will not be fun, however once you are finished with it you will be better for it.

I do wish you luck and stay strong.

Cheers
K
Moriartii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:13 PM   #31
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Good luck to you. Keep in mind that this is a lifetime effort. I hope you get through this struggle successfully.

My husband did not, and I want others to know they can do it.
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:32 PM   #32
ROBOSSRS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Inferno Orange
I had my first new car in 1975 demolished buy a guy that was drunk. He was coming toward me and without warning he turned in front of me. Demolishing his Ford pickup and my little Chevy Vega(1987 miles). I only have a glass of wine once in a while so I don't know what it would be like to quit. Do your three years and DO NOT get behind the wheel of a car til you get your license back. A guy I knew several years ago thought it was okay to drive since he was one month away from getting his license back. I warned him that he was very dumb. A women ran a stop sign and ran into him and it was not his fault. He spend two months in the county jail. Lucky for him he got the work release program. God bless you, you have been fortunate so far.
ROBOSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #33
madman2k

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2LT RS - Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
3 DUI's??? Really??? you should have been locked up after the first one IMO, I have no tolerance for people who drink and drive, and if you didn't learn that after the first DUI then I doubt you will ever learn. Sorry buddy but I'm more happy that you will be off the streets, and won't be putting people lives in harms way with your selfish ways.

Everybody here wishing you luck? you will have no choice but to be sober in jail, good luck??? more like good riddance...

3 DUI's people!!! wake up people like this need to be off the streets. whats it going to take someone like this to hit to close to home and kill or hurt a family memeber???

Good luck??? please..
First to midnighter, congrats on seeing the error of your ways. Even if it did take something like this to prompt it, it does take a big man to admit their mistakes and an even bigger man to pick themselves up and prevent those mistakes in the future.

Second, to Toolfan, lighten up!!! While I don't agree with driving while under the influence either, it took some guts to come in here and admit the stuff he did. He could have just signed off, sold the Camaro and not had to deal with your scolding (like your opinion should matter to him). May you get more grace and mercy for the mistakes that you have and will make than you had the courtesy to show yourself.

My .02
madman2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #34
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Wow a thread like this really makes you think.
And weed is still under prohibition, id take stoned drivers over drunk drivers.

But since only alcohol is legal, folks have only it to use for stress [and tobacco], Stress is a valid excuse to drink [a doctor backed excuse the TPD union has used for on the job DUIs] Id prefer they had got stoned [might not notice me speeding ] but they don't piss test for beer.

So I agree that many turn to alcohol as the only safe can't get fired option as a way to relax. [we got drunk posters here, safely relaxing at home drunk postin on C5]

But the problem is if you relax to much on alcohol, stuff like this can happen, but someone who only smokes weed, "IF" they leave the house, they drive 5mph to 7-11 then back home and are of no danger to anyone but a bag of chips. [if your snortin, shootin, poppin n shovin too, you might as well be drunk x10 ]

Now everyone can agree to yell at me as unity ensues as the needs of the many, out weigh the needs of the few or the one. I had a dream and its one small step for man, one giant joint for mankind. But there is allot of truth in my jest.
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #35
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Good luck to you in your journey. God speed.
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:18 PM   #36
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
I will pray for you for your recovery...it took a lot of guts to come clean and risk being blasted for it here...
I'm not saying I approve of what you did, but as another person stated, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...
It's easy for others to be high and mighty and judge others...I try not to do that...
We have to be accountable for our actions, both here on Earth, and after...
Good luck and may God bless you on your new journey...
Maybe you can save someone else's life by telling your story here...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 12:26 PM   #37
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Thank you all for your support. I just passed the 8 month mark of sobriety and have absolutely no desire to put any mind altering substances in my body. I am active in AA and have found what I have always been looking for, a design for living that I could have never found had I not found this program. Also, I am keeping my Camaro and will be driving it again in a couple of years. Thanks again everyone. God bless.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 02:52 AM   #38
deb

Drives: 2010 SS1 Camero rs rjt/73 & 03 M Ca
I have made many mistakes and bad decisions in my life. I am not perfect, although I thought I should have been. Accept the fact that your not perfect, but don't stress over it. Learn from it and remember it could have been far worse. Don't let that next mistake ruin the rest of your life. I wish you good luck and long sobreity.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:34 AM   #39
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb View Post
I have made many mistakes and bad decisions in my life. I am not perfect, although I thought I should have been. Accept the fact that your not perfect, but don't stress over it. Learn from it and remember it could have been far worse. Don't let that next mistake ruin the rest of your life. I wish you good luck and long sobriety.
Well said.

I wish you luck OP and hope you can overcome your demons.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:34 AM   #40
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Good Luck, Stay Strong and you will get another Camaro one day !! May God Bless You !!
Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 11:42 AM   #41
RollTideMom

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro RS
Good luck to you! You seem like you are taking the whole situation well and I hope that everything works out for you!
Old 04-09-2011, 01:15 PM   #42
stryder09
Nerd.

Drives: 2008 Dodge Challenger SRT8
Good luck, keep your head up, and keep focused. Reality is harsh. Things like drug addiction can and does happen to the some of the best people, but humans are strong and can overcome those harsh realities.

Good luck again and Godspeed.

Stryder
stryder09 is offline   Reply With Quote