Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2010, 11:46 PM   #1
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Drives: Fathers '85 CJ-7 until i get my LS
Send a message via AIM to ComayroLouver
Cool first car...but which 1? camaro mustang

heyalll. Im probobaly wrong as to where this should be posted so if a admin/mod wants to relocate be my guest.

Anyways...

Im 15 and will be looking to buy a car (in bout 11months xD i just turned it) and was wondering what car to gravitate to.....

Either 2010/2011 camaro? Idk what the diferences are, besides expensiver models had HUD. Id either get the ls or lt/rs <(if i have the money). I would try to buy new off the lot (idk if they would have 2010 camaros still new on the lot....?) Or 2011. The 2010(which is basically the same car) would probobaly cost less becuase not being 2011 rite? So whats ur input on those cars? Mainly cooncerned w/ money and being new

My first choice is either camaro... im in love with them

But;
My neighbor is a bigwig in Ford and said he could get me friends and family discount on a mustang. Idk if thats worth becoming a mustang owner xD hahaha

I know the mustang isnt as powerful, and i do like camaros alot more, but whats ur take on it?

Please post wich camaro too (2010/2011) and all the other questions i asked pleeaaaasssseee.

PS- im on a Droid phone so my typing isnt.... great hahahaha
ComayroLouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:51 PM   #2
kevin55

Drives: 03 v6 Mustang
The mustang is just as powerful as the camaro, just look at both of them and decide which one YOU like better.
kevin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #3
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
If you can afford it <<<<<<<< get the LT/RS but if not the LS is a sweet car and can be modded to your taste..............just be careful with whichever you get these new 6 cylender camaro's are no toy..........good luck , hope to see pics of your car in 11 months abd there is no real difference in the two models you are asking about in the 2010 and 2011. I would also recommend looking at a used 2010/2011 Camaro and let someone else take the initial loss on it and save yourself alot of money
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 11:58 PM   #4
KaiserSoze

Drives: 2008 MazdaSpeed3
Honestly, if you REALLY want to get a Camaro, hold off until after High School. It'll just get F'd with in the parking lot and you'll probably wrap it around a tree showing off to someone. Start your driving life off with something you won't mind leaving in a smoldering heap on the side of the road. And after you've got some driving experience under your belt, THEN get a new Camaro. I know every teenager thinks they're great drivers (myself included when I first started driving), but I would have killed myself more than once if I'd had something really powerful. There's a reason car insurance is outrageous for teens. But if you do wind up getting a Camaro, best of luck to you and drive safely.
KaiserSoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

Thanks guys! Ill look for a used lt/rs or a new ls. Im guessing both wil around the same price. Thanks! Ill post pics in a year haha. I really didnt want a mustang anyways... just didnt know if i was missing something. And yellow or grey? Just wondering lol

And @kaiser- im not the show off type. Plus since i worked since i was 8 for a mustang/camaro i wont be risking her. Ill be babying the hell out of her haha.

I live in a rich neighborhood, but we got people here from the hood. So ill probably be asking for security recomendations on my baby. Any tips to stop the hoods frm keying my new ride?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:11 AM   #6
shawn18
OWTATIME

Drives: 1969 CaRaMo
don't worry bout the hoods....shit happens....just hope it does'nt happen to you and as far as color...I would choose yellow over grey
shawn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:16 AM   #7
Dirtdog
Pro Hide n Seek Player

Drives: 2010 SS LS3/LSA 620whp/630tq
Send a message via AIM to Dirtdog
get the mustang to beat on while ur young and learning to drive/ being young and stupid (i was young once and had alot of fun beating up my first cars) then once ur ready to be nice to ur car, get the Camaro

620whp/630wtq. ADM LSA Conversion, E85, PFADT Tri-Y Headers into Borla S, PFADT Swaybars, Springs, Links, 20x10 20x11 Forgestar F14s, Lots of AAC
Dirtdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 01:17 AM   #8
RED10LS

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS Silver
Yeah get a 2010 1LT or a 2011 LS and the paint colors easy to take care of are white, grey and silver.
RED10LS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 02:43 AM   #9
ComayroLouver
{Enter Funny User Title}

@dirtdog- the mustang wouldnt be that much less than a camaro so i might as well get the better one plus im not that kind of person. Im the person who babys their cars (at least i do for things i have worked for forever) like my guitars (and if ur wondering they r les pauls, and 1 strat).

So u guys think a 2010 camaro will be selling new at a chevy lot in 11months or will it be only 2011/2012s??? (Idk when the 12s r coming out, just guessin).

Oh and how expensive is it to fix some1 keying ur car? Like a range (idk 500-900??)

Thanks every1
Old 07-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #10
Brownhornitt

Drives: 2006 White Corvette Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdog View Post
get the mustang to beat on while ur young and learning to drive/ being young and stupid (i was young once and had alot of fun beating up my first cars) then once ur ready to be nice to ur car, get the Camaro
Absolutely. Or a used V8 Camaro/Mustang/Firebird from the late 90s or early 2000s.
Old 07-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #11
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
If you have to ask... get a Mustang. Otherwise I would have said a Camaro.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:00 AM   #12
GB EB

Drives: 2014 Stingray 2LT/Z51
Since you are only 15 I recommend the Mustang.
GB EB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:01 AM   #13
sgseward

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComayroLouver View Post
But;
My neighbor is a bigwig in Ford and said he could get me friends and family discount on a mustang. Idk if thats worth becoming a mustang owner xD hahaha
Get the car you want...now what everyone tells you that you want!

As for the discount, I qualified for the GM supplier pricing and I bet you know somebody that has this discount. I went online, got a certificate number and walked in and got my 2SS without haggling. In fact, I can get "friends" the discount as well. My son, now 20 years old, got his dream car ( a Scion XB) used when he was old enough to drive. The car still looks like Brand new and only has 20K on it after 4 years of driving. Whatever you get, just take care of it!

Steve
sgseward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 08:11 AM   #14
John Shields
"Back in Black"

Drives: '10 1LT/RS Black w/Silver Stripes
After I made my post I noticed re-reading the thread that you're 15. Honestly... I don't think this is a car for teenagers. Nor do I think the Mustang is either. Granted I have a 4 year old son and would love to give him my car at 16... I don't think it's the type of car someone should be learning to drive on.

But like I said in another thread... I'll never stop someone from going after a dream. If you want it bad enough, get it. But I would think more than twice about it if I were you.

To the Jerkoff in SW Denver Driving the Black Camaro:
Quit making us look bad by driving like a tool and cutting people off (my wife included)!
John Shields is offline   Reply With Quote