Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-16-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
rch67chev

Drives: 2012 ZL1 CRT 6 Speed, RTQ, B92
Interesting day with VERY BAD GM customer service in Texas

I troll out here a lot but have not posted but once or twice... Great Forum!

So I get up this morning, uncover the CRT 6 speed and decide to drive it to work.... Backed her out and let her warm up a few moments, as I was pulling out the "Service Stabilitrak" light came on.... I thought thats weird.. Shut her off restarted... still there... Figures, what the heck, I drive her anyway... Then about 4 miles down the road, noticed a misfire.... Less than 2500 rpm... Engine light came on.... Hit the onstar button and had 4 codes...

Call my local dealer and made arrangements to drop it off.... I gave them the codes and then of course... the don't drive it unless you call me, dont scratch it, etc... speech....

Got a call about lunch time... Their response was you gotta take this car back to the dealer you bought it from... That's 4 hours away... I said excuse me... "Yes, you have bad gas.... If you had bought it here we would fix it for you"... OK... so could you explain why bad gas would make the "service Stabilitrak" light come on? Service managers response - "Yes, the same computer controls all functions and bad gas will cause this light to come on" BS! I told them I would pick up the car and wanted to see the bad fuel...

Now let me tell you... I've been building cars for 30+ years with a whole lot more HP than this jewel... The gas had ZERO contaminents, no discoloration, no evidence of water, no odd smells.... It was normal premium fuel... It is the third tank of fuel and only a half tank left.. No issues on the other half tank.... SO, I asked them what was wrong with the fuel? "We don't know, it looks.. umm...umm" I said, ok I understand, just bring me the car and I'll talk to the shop manager again on Friday, just keep the sample.....

So when they pulled the car in the shop, there was a twenty foot high fuel smoke cloud following the car... I said, What's this, they both had strange looks on their face... The exhaust was running so rich, I could have lit it with a match from either exhaust.... I asked if they noticed this.... "Of course not! that car is misfiring".... really? ... I get in the car and all the same lights were on, Service Stabilitrak, TC, engine light etc... looked like a christmas tree... They had not even reset the codes.... OK... What"s up with that? Pushed the Onstar button and had them identify the exact codes that were present to 0700 this morning.... U0401 - Service Stabilitrak, P0205 - Cylinder #5 Misfire, P0300 - Multiple Mis-fire, P0449 - Evap emission control system vent valve/solenoid circuit, and P0690 - ECM/PCM Power Relay sense circuit high.... and drove it home.... Then after leaving, I noticed they had put 10 miles on the car... I am one fellow... Will deal with that tommorow as well...

I know this is probably a long rant... but hopefully the GM CS monitor will see the post to understand his companies customer service at this location is severely lacking.... And if anyone knows a good dealer in the North Houston area, I'd appreciate a reccomendation....
rch67chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:15 PM   #2
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Good thing you didn't buy it from them. Sorry to hear about your problem. Surely there's another Chevy dealer in the Houston area who is willing to fix your car. I've never had a problem having my car serviced at a dealer even if I didn't purchase it there.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #3
Nailn it

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Ashen Gray / Manual
Wow!
Nailn it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
RJ111

Drives: 2015 ZL1
This is why I mod my cars and dont worry about warranty....Dealers scare me.I hope you get it worked out,good luck.

Rotofab Cai,PCM cc,Kooks Headers,Cats delete,MF X pipe, ZLWin cam,upper/lower, Lingenfelter hx,715 rwhp,646 rwtq, BMR 1.25 Springs, Varro VD01 Wheels,
RJ111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:08 PM   #5
SSMagna
FAST1

Drives: ADM LSX 427 Twin Turbo #1
Got to love those wonderful dealers that have no clue. It's a shame but I'm sure nothing will ever be done or even said to that dealer. How can a dealership turn you down for service just because you didn't buy it from them?

You know this is one of those opportunities where Chevrolet could step in and have a customer for life or not and lose a customer for life.
SSMagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #6
VenomInside
Just Grazing

Drives: 2003 EB Corvette Z06
Wow. Just wow.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Vert 6MT (Lemon-Sold)
2003 Sonic Blue Cobra 458rwhp/458rwtq (Sold)
1996 Mystic Cobra 455rwhp/400rwtq (sold)
1999 BGC T/A 377rwhp/360rwtq (sold)
2004 Silver Cobra 600rwhp/540rwtq (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
2012 zl1... the new 99 cobra?
VenomInside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:40 PM   #7
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSMagna View Post
Got to love those wonderful dealers that have no clue. It's a shame but I'm sure nothing will ever be done or even said to that dealer. How can a dealership turn you down for service just because you didn't buy it from them?

You know this is one of those opportunities where Chevrolet could step in and have a customer for life or not and lose a customer for life.
Bring it to me ill fix it right!

Not the first story I have heard,If it is fuel.....Very simple fix at my shop.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #8
rch67chev

Drives: 2012 ZL1 CRT 6 Speed, RTQ, B92
Andy... Thanks... This will be an easy issue to figure out once I hook up my scanner/logger/tuner...... I just need to update the software to cover 12 models... This is more of a useless warranty and customer service issue than anything.... First time I've taken one of my cars to a shop in years... I just have been pretty busy, so it will probably sit until things slow down a little.... Although, I am interested in a couple of your upgrades I've been following.... May be worth the haul up there to drop it off.....

Now it's about time to call the Chevy place this morning and see how they will respond.... It's a matter of principle if you know what I mean..... 60+k car should deserve customer service that is better than this.....
rch67chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:08 AM   #9
Jose

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS White S/C
WOW men that really sucks!!!! Good luck, and let GM know about this.
Old 08-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #10
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rch67chev View Post
I troll out here a lot but have not posted but once or twice... Great Forum!

So I get up this morning, uncover the CRT 6 speed and decide to drive it to work.... Backed her out and let her warm up a few moments, as I was pulling out the "Service Stabilitrak" light came on.... I thought thats weird.. Shut her off restarted... still there... Figures, what the heck, I drive her anyway... Then about 4 miles down the road, noticed a misfire.... Less than 2500 rpm... Engine light came on.... Hit the onstar button and had 4 codes...

Call my local dealer and made arrangements to drop it off.... I gave them the codes and then of course... the don't drive it unless you call me, dont scratch it, etc... speech....

Got a call about lunch time... Their response was you gotta take this car back to the dealer you bought it from... That's 4 hours away... I said excuse me... "Yes, you have bad gas.... If you had bought it here we would fix it for you"... OK... so could you explain why bad gas would make the "service Stabilitrak" light come on? Service managers response - "Yes, the same computer controls all functions and bad gas will cause this light to come on" BS! I told them I would pick up the car and wanted to see the bad fuel...

Now let me tell you... I've been building cars for 30+ years with a whole lot more HP than this jewel... The gas had ZERO contaminents, no discoloration, no evidence of water, no odd smells.... It was normal premium fuel... It is the third tank of fuel and only a half tank left.. No issues on the other half tank.... SO, I asked them what was wrong with the fuel? "We don't know, it looks.. umm...umm" I said, ok I understand, just bring me the car and I'll talk to the shop manager again on Friday, just keep the sample.....

So when they pulled the car in the shop, there was a twenty foot high fuel smoke cloud following the car... I said, What's this, they both had strange looks on their face... The exhaust was running so rich, I could have lit it with a match from either exhaust.... I asked if they noticed this.... "Of course not! that car is misfiring".... really? ... I get in the car and all the same lights were on, Service Stabilitrak, TC, engine light etc... looked like a christmas tree... They had not even reset the codes.... OK... What"s up with that? Pushed the Onstar button and had them identify the exact codes that were present to 0700 this morning.... U0401 - Service Stabilitrak, P0205 - Cylinder #5 Misfire, P0300 - Multiple Mis-fire, P0449 - Evap emission control system vent valve/solenoid circuit, and P0690 - ECM/PCM Power Relay sense circuit high.... and drove it home.... Then after leaving, I noticed they had put 10 miles on the car... I am one fellow... Will deal with that tommorow as well...

I know this is probably a long rant... but hopefully the GM CS monitor will see the post to understand his companies customer service at this location is severely lacking.... And if anyone knows a good dealer in the North Houston area, I'd appreciate a reccomendation....
If you would like me to research this further, please send me your first and last name, address, phone number, VIN, mileage and the dealership that you were experiencing issues with. I will then be able to see if there is anything available to you. Your local dealership would be the most convenient so we can see if we can come to some sort of resolution.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 08-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #11
Xedes

Drives: 2011 Black RS/SS
Customer service is just so sad at these dealerships. I too was told to bring my car back to my original dealership because they didn't want to deal with paint issues I had (factory flaws). The CEO of GM needs to start bitch slapping these dealership.
Xedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:56 AM   #12
ZZZ

Drives: 10 SS Camaro
Has GM ever flat out addressed the overall scope of the customer service problems their customer base is facing at Dealerships across the United States?

It strikes me as a widespread issue and I am curious if the best they do is come in here with Brandon and fix the problems case by case (which is better than nothing) or if they have ever directly addressed the fact that it's like buying your vehicles and getting them serviced by criminals half the time.
ZZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 09:40 AM   #13
2012ZL1
CaRaHoLiC

Drives: '12 ZL1,67 Cam,68 Biscayne 427 4 sp
GM customer service is at an all time low unfortunately. I guess no one gets the picture..Fun cars are only 10% of the battle when keeping customers. I already made up my mind about brand loyalty given the crap I was fed.
2.55 upper, 10" lower pullies, Innovators west billet hub and sfi balancer, solid blower drive isolator, 50 mm idler kit, full length S/S headers no cats, comp cams custom grind cam, comp roller rocker trunion kit, comp push rods,dual valve springs retainers and locks, Injector dynamics ID850 inectors, Rotofab ZL1 cold air kit, Lingenfelter 160 thermostat, Rotofab intercooler reservoir, stock plugs, LS7 90mm throttle body, GTO clutch reservoir mod, my own custom catch can, Tuning by Jannetty, install by me.
2012ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 AM   #14
THR ZL1 #1
Perma Grinning

Drives: 2012 Tom Henry Racing ZL1
Why blame GM for a dealer issue? . . just asking . . Dealers are franchises . . GM does not have much control over them.

But the dealer sounds like a a$$
THR ZL1 #1 is offline   Reply With Quote