Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 03-08-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Switch for my halos??

So right now I have fog light halos and have swapped out my RS rings with brighter led ones to match the fogs.
What I want to do now is put a switch in place that lets me do two things, just not sure what I'd need.
In position 1, I want the halos to be as is. They're wired into the factory setting and operate just as your car would, except I have the DRL harness so both sets are on all the time.
Position 2 is for shows. I want to be able to turn the switch on and have the halos on during shows, or other times the car is not running. And don't say just turn the light control knob cause they only stay on a short period of time and some shows ask that your doors be open for judging, which creates that dinging noise.

What would it take to do this and where would I have to splice into for it all to work?
Old 03-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
CHeck out emblempros. This is what I have and works well. You can set the switches up as desired. As for Wiring cant help you there

I have this

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/3436/2842
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:10 AM   #3
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
CHeck out emblempros. This is what I have and works well. You can set the switches up as desired. As for Wiring cant help you there

I have this

http://emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/3436/2842
Yea, I'm just looking for single switch and i just need help with the wiring. Was gonna put it in my dash near the light controls. Thanks though. My buddy has the cup holder one but I don't need anything extra.

Last edited by CrzyGamr2; 03-08-2013 at 11:32 AM.
CrzyGamr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #4
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrzyGamr2 View Post
Yea, I'm just looking for single switch and i just need help with the wiring. Was gonna put it in my dash near the light controls. Thanks though. My buddy has the cup holder one but I don't need anything extra.
If I were you I'd contact Ofer. He could probably custom design you a harness to do what you want. He helped with getting my DRL's to be controlled by remote control. I'm sure he could do the same with the Halos.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #5
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan View Post
If I were you I'd contact Ofer. He could probably custom design you a harness to do what you want.

He helped with mine, my DRL's are controlled by remote control, he can probably do the same with the halos.
Thanks. Can't believe I didn't think of that. Hope it's not an arm and leg for a harness. Or that he could just give me some DIY advice.
Old 03-08-2013, 05:47 PM   #6
sjmautoprod

Drives: '16 2SS
If you get a remote for it, just remember that you would need to turn them on every time you start the car.

Adding a switch and some diodes is all that you really need. You could lose the diodes if you use a SPDT/DPDT switch.
sjmautoprod is offline   Reply With Quote