Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 04-14-2014, 08:40 PM   #1639
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdmaro View Post
I second Ed Hanson.. Got my magna flow with x pipe done a couple years ago and sounding awesome still!
They did mine.
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:33 PM   #1640
PlainEnvelopes

Drives: 2014 1LS BRM
Anyone planning on attending cars and coffee this week in carlsbad?

Next Mod:SOLO HFC, Lowering springs
PlainEnvelopes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 01:05 AM   #1641
jalsr

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Transformer Edition M6
Hello everyone! Just joined camaro5, also interested in doing some cruises.
jalsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 02:15 AM   #1642
alexpdbz

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM M6 2SS
Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while! I gotta get caught up with everybody again. Definitely need to hit up a cruise sometime soon.

I have a story to tell too. Yesterday I has heading home stopping to check the mail down the street, my engine suddenly started feeling a very rough idle and sounded like it was barely running. The Service Stabilitrak message also popped up. I was fearing the worst.

I managed to drive it into the garage and looked online for any clues. Most issues that sounded like mine were due to a loose or unplugged plug wire, but I checked everything and it was all good. I thought maybe it was a spark plug or something because it was definitely not running on all cylinders. I also noticed a loud knocking noise too.

So today, I called up the dealer (City Chevrolet) and told them(Guy Page) that I was gonna take the car over in about an hour and a half. I called Chevy Roadside assistance and had my car towed there for free. I also told them I wanted a rental just in case it takes a while. They said I would be liable for the rental if the problem wasn't covered by the warranty. I have 43,7XX miles on it right now, so the only thing I have is the powertrain warranty. They didn't really understand how bad it was when I talked to them over the phone, but once they heard it they knew something wasn't right.

So I dropped it off around 1:30, got picked up from Hertz to get the rental. I got a crappy Impala and went back to work. Got out around 3:45pm and had a voicemail that my car was ready to be picked up. Apparently, it was actually a valve spring that broke. That shit cray. I wasn't able to pick until around 6pm, but just dropped my rental off at the dealership, and waited for about another 10 minutes since it was being washed for me.

So, it was a tragedy with a happy ending. Everything was covered under the warranty, and the only thing I paid for was the $15 insurance for the rental for the day. Guy Page at City Chevrolet is an awesome person to work with, and they found and fixed the problem right away. Not to mention I got a free car wash. I couldn't be more relieved.

Just thought I'd rant on my short rollercoaster ride.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:00 PM   #1643
Gonzo

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS IBM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsr View Post
This cruise is coming up next month: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348462

2011 Camaro 2SS/RS 6M IBM
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:27 PM   #1644
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Drives: 2006 Silverado 2500HD CC/SB LBZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexpdbz View Post
Hey guys, haven't been on here in a while! I gotta get caught up with everybody again. Definitely need to hit up a cruise sometime soon.

I have a story to tell too. Yesterday I has heading home stopping to check the mail down the street, my engine suddenly started feeling a very rough idle and sounded like it was barely running. The Service Stabilitrak message also popped up. I was fearing the worst.

I managed to drive it into the garage and looked online for any clues. Most issues that sounded like mine were due to a loose or unplugged plug wire, but I checked everything and it was all good. I thought maybe it was a spark plug or something because it was definitely not running on all cylinders. I also noticed a loud knocking noise too.

So today, I called up the dealer (City Chevrolet) and told them(Guy Page) that I was gonna take the car over in about an hour and a half. I called Chevy Roadside assistance and had my car towed there for free. I also told them I wanted a rental just in case it takes a while. They said I would be liable for the rental if the problem wasn't covered by the warranty. I have 43,7XX miles on it right now, so the only thing I have is the powertrain warranty. They didn't really understand how bad it was when I talked to them over the phone, but once they heard it they knew something wasn't right.

So I dropped it off around 1:30, got picked up from Hertz to get the rental. I got a crappy Impala and went back to work. Got out around 3:45pm and had a voicemail that my car was ready to be picked up. Apparently, it was actually a valve spring that broke. That shit cray. I wasn't able to pick until around 6pm, but just dropped my rental off at the dealership, and waited for about another 10 minutes since it was being washed for me.

So, it was a tragedy with a happy ending. Everything was covered under the warranty, and the only thing I paid for was the $15 insurance for the rental for the day. Guy Page at City Chevrolet is an awesome person to work with, and they found and fixed the problem right away. Not to mention I got a free car wash. I couldn't be more relieved.

Just thought I'd rant on my short rollercoaster ride.
Alex,

A broken valve spring can do a lot of damage. Did they pull the head and inspect the piston and cylinder? What work did they do to repair the car?

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
tadams72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 01:30 AM   #1645
alexpdbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadams72 View Post
Alex,

A broken valve spring can do a lot of damage. Did they pull the head and inspect the piston and cylinder? What work did they do to repair the car?
I picked it up pretty late in the day and didn't really get to talk to anybody. My service guy had left for the day, and I got my keys from the cashier. Since I got the rental and they were paying for it, they kept all the paperwork. They said they would be mailing it to me, so hopefully it will have some information on it.

I could call the service rep again and ask him to talk to the actual mechanic, but I think it would be pretty fruitless. I'm pretty sure they will just say everything looked fine. I highly doubt they would open it back up and show me there is no damage.

So, you make a good point, but not sure how I can go about checking it out.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:47 AM   #1646
robscamaro
TAZ

Drives: 2SSRS Black Gray stripes
Quote:
I picked it up pretty late in the day and didn't really get to talk to anybody. My service guy had left for the day, and I got my keys from the cashier. Since I got the rental and they were paying for it, they kept all the paperwork. They said they would be mailing it to me, so hopefully it will have some information on it.

I could call the service rep again and ask him to talk to the actual mechanic, but I think it would be pretty fruitless. I'm pretty sure they will just say everything looked fine. I highly doubt they would open it back up and show me there is no damage.

We could test it at the track!!
robscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:10 PM   #1647
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Quote:

Maybe not but they should give you a complete run down on what they opened, what they inspected, what they replaced, and why. I say this because if you are coming up on warranty expiration this may be a bandaid fix that is going to cost you a lot down the road.

"Just like farmer engineering. Find the weak link and fix it, then find the next one." Salt Cat Racing
Old 04-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #1648
boltvette

Drives: 1963 Corvette, 2001 Corvette
Travis is speaking from experience. Talk to whoever you have to, Alex. Get the story before the roller coaster ends up crashing.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
boltvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 11:33 PM   #1649
alexpdbz

Quote:
Originally Posted by robscamaro View Post
We could test it at the track!!
I might just have to. I'll try and break it before my warranty is up. They said it would be over later this year. I don't really remember what month, maybe October.

Maybe some more mods will be in the cards after that...
Old 04-18-2014, 09:52 AM   #1650
boltvette

Drives: 1963 Corvette, 2001 Corvette
Quote:
I might just have to. I'll try and break it before my warranty is up. They said it would be over later this year. I don't really remember what month, maybe October.

We're going up to Sonoma at the end of May, then Buttonwillow and Laguna Seca back-to-back over Labor Day weekend. Three great tracks.
2-seater "Camaro" w/JMS Racing LS3; C5 Z06 trans; C6 ZR1 exhaust; Dynatech catback; Ron Davis radiator; trans, diff & engine oil coolers; Pfadt JOC Stage 1 bars & shocks; C6 Z51 brakes; Angelwings C5 Track Day Bar; Angel Pads!
boltvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #1651
RA1987

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jalsr View Post
Come join us tonight!

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=346777&page=4
RA1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 08:13 PM   #1652
tadams72
When is enough ever...

Quote:

Well, just decide to open it up and do the mods before it grenades. It is much more expensive to do it after the fact. If you need a visual of the damage a broken valve spring can create, come by my place.