Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 06-21-2016, 12:35 PM   #15
sixty9fordkiller
Donkey Dick Cam Camaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 M6
The ZL1 mounts were a different part number than the SS ones but they fit perfectly into my SS without any issues. As an added note, i have Dynatech 1 7/8" headers and did not have to remove them to get the mounts out or in.

Bone Stock
sixty9fordkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 12:52 PM   #16
Tompar

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS M6
Alright guys, I know I'm bumping an old thread but I'll give it a shot anyway cause I need some advice. Just installed speed engineering 1 7/8 headers on my 2013 SS. Also changed the driver motor mount that was shot at the same time. I planned on replacing the passenger side too but long story short, I only received one while I thought I was purchasing a pair. I did the job anyway, hoping that the passenger side mount was still okay. Turns out it's also busted.
Now, I'm wondering, with the headers installed,
-Is there a way to get the job done without having to remove them ?
-Is there a way to get to the top motor mount nuts by removing the wheels and plastic behind it?
-For the driver side, we didn't know if we could jack the engine up. We only let it rest on the jack on a block of wood, removed the 4 bolts holding the stand and then proceeded to remove the motor mount & stand. Could we just jack the engine up 5-6 inches with a block of wood and take the mount out instead of taking out the whole stand?
Thanks
Tompar is offline   Reply With Quote